Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just paid for mine last night so just need to wait for my tutor to approve it, and then the head of 6th form, and then student services... Bloody hell.

ReputationRep:
    Only done a paragraph and a half of my personal statement. Found it extremely difficult to get started, and then I got a really bad cold, but now i'm better I think i'll gain momentum fast and do the rest of it with ease. It's just the advice bit, getting a teacher to check it, I don't know which teacher to ask I don't find them approachable and my form teacher isn't all that great

ReputationRep:
    I just need to pay and send and get my referee to attach my reference and I'm done!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I haven't applied yet opps! Will do next week.
    im applying to do social work in Glyndwr Uni xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustBeing)
    Only done a paragraph and a half of my personal statement. Found it extremely difficult to get started, and then I got a really bad cold, but now i'm better I think i'll gain momentum fast and do the rest of it with ease. It's just the advice bit, getting a teacher to check it, I don't know which teacher to ask I don't find them approachable and my form teacher isn't all that great
    Does your school/college have a student services place that you can email your personal statement to, to check it over?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CassieBeatrice)
    I didn't send off my application until the 14th of January and received offers from all of my choices. Reapplying this year and I'm yet to submit my application. No need to rush.
    Why are you reapplying? I'm just undecided on the course that I want to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krs122)
    Why are you reapplying? I'm just undecided on the course that I want to do.
    I studied my course for a year and it wasn't for me. In my opinion, it's better to be certain from the start rather than realising a year in that it you're not enjoying it. Better to take a gap year and be sure Good luck with your application!

ReputationRep:
    I was in the same boat as you. I had my application ready to go from the start of November but my referee took a lifetime getting my reference completed. I was getting extremely worried as I'm applying for Law and I thought it would hinder my chances. It helps if you put some pressure on whoever is responsible for the hold up. I was constantly harping on at my UCAS co-ordinator to get my referee to hurry up and finally last Tuesday she did. UCAS was sent off on Tuesday and I got my first offer that Thursday. But I seriously wouldn't worry. Your application will still be considered equally even if it isn't sent until the 15th of January.

ReputationRep:
    Can an application be changed after payment? Just in case I need to change/add any details before I send it off. I won't be able to see my tutor until Thursday but I'd like to pay for it now. Obviously if I can't change it, I'll wait.

ReputationRep:
    I'm here :wavey: Haven't sent mine off yet, but it's finished and I just need to pay and send it off which I'm gonna do this week.

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting for the department manager at my college to do my reference. Although I'd love for it to already be sent so I can receive offers, I understand that he is a busy man and as long as its sent before the deadline then I'm not too worried.

ReputationRep:
    Sent mine off months ago, but I know a lot of people who haven't yet.

ReputationRep:
    a week after i wrote on this thread and THERE IS NO MENTION OF MY TUTOR GIVING A **** OF SENDING IN MY UCAS :mad:

It's likely there's no uni this year for me ... for the third time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O.Ozz)
    a week after i wrote on this thread and THERE IS NO MENTION OF MY TUTOR GIVING A **** OF SENDING IN MY UCAS :mad:

It's likely there's no uni this year for me ... for the third time
    I still haven't sent it off to tutor as i haven't finished writing it up mate. We have till Jan 15th for equal consideration and then really it's upto like march as you can still apply. Calm lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by converselove)
    Can an application be changed after payment? Just in case I need to change/add any details before I send it off. I won't be able to see my tutor until Thursday but I'd like to pay for it now. Obviously if I can't change it, I'll wait.
    Once you send the application and pay for it everything should be finalised. To change any detailed you would need to contact ucas and the university explaining why you want it changed and what mistake you made. It would be better to just double check everything and make sure that everything is right before you send it

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't done mine (I'm a 'mature' student on a gap year) - I keep changing my mind on my course and getting frustrated. Hopefully get my PS done this week, email my ex-tutor and get it sent off before the January deadline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sylvette)
    Once you send the application and pay for it everything should be finalised. To change any detailed you would need to contact ucas and the university explaining why you want it changed and what mistake you made. It would be better to just double check everything and make sure that everything is right before you send it
    That's okay. I wasn't sure whether one of my courses was gcse level but my tutor confirmed that and it's paid for now exciting!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.