What is your earliest memory of gaming? Watch

EllieC130
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Playing totally Angelica on the PS1 when I was 7 I think (2003; I might throw up). I was a total rugrats fangirl as a kid.
Blobar
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I remember wrekin Bamboozle.
AdamCee
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Croc: Legend Of The Gobbles on the PS1

Words cannot describe my love for that game

At the end when you lost, if you didn't press continue the little Croc thing would walk off the screen looking sad and it used to make me upset. I was only young
tazarooni89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My earliest memory of gaming was watching my uncle playing some platform game (I have no idea which one) on the ZX Spectrum, and thinking it looked really boring, and wanting to use the TV to watch my Peter Rabbit video. This would have been when I was about 2 years old.

But my earliest memory of actually playing a game myself is from when I was 3 years old. The same uncle had just got a Super Nintendo as a gift, with Street Fighter II bundled with it. I wasn't really allowed to play, because it was supposedly for ages 8 years and up due to violence, but he let me play anyway. I played so much, and attempted so many special moves that I started developing a callus on my left thumb. My mum then tried to ban me from playing, but I got too upset. Eventually the compromise was that, I was allowed to play, but just not allowed to do any special moves - especially not the "Shoryuken"!
Bongo Bongo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Vectorman and golden axe on the megadrive...simpler times.
The Juan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Changing Skies)
Crash Bandicoot! Would sit and play those games 24/7 :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What about Crash Bash and Crash Team Racing?
TheNoobishKnight
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Mario, on a super nintendo. We got two of them. Long are those days gone. I wish I was back then.

Crash, spyro and all the other games I also remember, all on a small black on white TV, one of the colour wires didn't work something lol.
KingStannis
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Harry potter and the philosopher's stone on the playstation one.

Never completed that came but oh my, such nostalgia.
Iridann
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Gotta be Sonic 1 and 2, Streets of Rage and Golden Axe on my dad's megadrive.
Edminzodo
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Tekken. And those TV games with a joystick.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Emma:-)
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by stehay)
for me playing Lma Manager 2004/2005 with my mate and buying all the most expensive players.
Playing midtown madness 2.
I used to play it on the computer all the time. I loved that game.
aoxa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I had this wizard of oz game and you were Dorothy and had to defeat the wicked witch of the west - I loved that game, around that time I was probably introduced to the sims too and went out and brought the entire sims collection. Good times.

Posted from TSR Mobile
AJExeter
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Played it back when I was 6 years old in 1996.
Manitude
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think it must have been Christmas '96 when we got a playstation. I was quite young and had no idea what it was at the time. I think the first game we fired up was crash bandicoot or porsche challenge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
harvingill
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Playing bomberman (best game ever) on playstation1 on some disk which had 100 games. Also playing pokemon yellow/red/blue on a gameboy colour!
krands
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The original gran turismo on PS1 back in like 2002/4ish. After that I got a gamecube and man was that the best.
Kallisto
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Playing Super Mario Brothers on NES in 1994 or 1995 (don't know the exact year anymore) by the relatives on father's side. I didn't have a game console at that time. Its been a while, but I will never forget.
Ninja Saru
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Kirby's dreamland on Gameboy Advanced
Those were good times
Kallisto
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ninja Saru)
Kirby's dreamland on Gameboy Advanced
Those were good times
I have played Kirby's dreamland on Gambe Boy long before I have bought a Game boy. And I have played many other games before Kirby. That is an unpayable experience!
kathyikr
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My earliest memory was of a PC floppy disk game that involved a wizard and it was in first person mode but I can't remember it's name and neither can my parents! :confused:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (368)
37.28%
No - but I will (74)
7.5%
No - I don't want to (69)
6.99%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (476)
48.23%

Watched Threads