Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasminkarabasic)
    all i care about, is good job prospects afterwards, do you guys not think that the placement year in bmouth will provide me with that?
    Hi Yasmin,

My name is Ailish and I am in my final year at Bournemouth University studying BSc Sport Development and Coaching Sciences. Although our degree subjects are very different, I thought I'd drop you a message to give you an insight into how valuable the Placement year offered at Bournemouth University is.

Having just returned from industry, I can honestly say it was the most fantastic experience I have had since joining University. The skills I acquired over the year have significantly increased my confidence for finding work upon graduation and the networking opportunities whilst on placement are second to none, if you seize the opportunities!
    Moreover, there are fantastic services at BU which support in finding the right placement for you.

More than happy to help put you in touch with someone who knows a little more about the Law Degree at Bournemouth specifically, but hope this has helped you see what a great opportunity studying with a placement year can be!

Feel free to get in touch if I can be any more help.

Thanks,

Ailish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ailish Myland)
    Hi Yasmin,

My name is Ailish and I am in my final year at Bournemouth University studying BSc Sport Development and Coaching Sciences. Although our degree subjects are very different, I thought I'd drop you a message to give you an insight into how valuable the Placement year offered at Bournemouth University is.

Having just returned from industry, I can honestly say it was the most fantastic experience I have had since joining University. The skills I acquired over the year have significantly increased my confidence for finding work upon graduation and the networking opportunities whilst on placement are second to none, if you seize the opportunities!
    Moreover, there are fantastic services at BU which support in finding the right placement for you.

More than happy to help put you in touch with someone who knows a little more about the Law Degree at Bournemouth specifically, but hope this has helped you see what a great opportunity studying with a placement year can be!

Feel free to get in touch if I can be any more help.

Thanks,

Ailish

Thank you very much for your information! Someone just said to me that you dont always find a placement even though the uni offers it, is that true??
    Thank you
    Yasmin
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by yasminkarabasic)
    Thank you very much for your information! Someone just said to me that you dont always find a placement even though the uni offers it, is that true??
    Thank you
    Yasmin
    Hi Yasmin,

Just noticed your question about placements, so thought I'd try to help you out a bit. We'll give you all the support you need and we have a fantastic Careers and Employability Service. They'll help with things like finding work placements, CV writing and interview technique.

Ultimately though, it's your responsibility to find a placement. Think of it a bit like when you did work experience in year 10, usually it's down to the student. As long as you're motivated, we'll do everything we can to help you get a great placement. I hope that answers your question and if you want to know anything else at all then just let me know!

Katie

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 28 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Postgraduate Virtual Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 5 Dec '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.