Posted from TSR Mobile
Nah, I'm British.
Kvothe the Arcane
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hmmm. My personal philosophy is probably akin to Christian ethics with some changes here and there.

I'm driven by my goals, desires and ambition.
zishan1234
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DErasmus)
do u ask little girls if they like your wood
I assume you don't like Islam? Ehh
what religion do you belive in if any
DErasmus
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by zishan1234)
I assume you don't like Islam? Ehh
what religion do you belive in if any
No. Not a militant atheist either I just have a tendency to wind people up, probably because i'm actually super diplomatic in real life...
zishan1234
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No. Not a militant atheist either I just have a tendency to wind people up, probably because i'm actually super diplomatic in real life...
Okay, Islam isn't a monolethic movement, there's various sects and sub sects, js
Tarte Tatin
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not sure about beliefs or what drives me... I think maybe curiosity drives me.
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Money
viddy9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
* Reduce net suffering in the world and increase the number of sentient beings' preferences that are satisfied.

* Adhere to rationalism, logic and scientific skepticism when assessing beliefs about the world and when wanting to achieve goals.

* Gain knowledge for the sake of doing so.
Grace by Yahweh
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by localfox1000)
Its might be a bit personal but lets get intimate TSRians...

I want to know what few beliefs that you have that you use as a guidance in your life.
What are the few things or emotions that drive you in your goals?Life related, career related, anything.

Do you believe people have "callings"( something they're meant to do with their lives)? Have you found yours?
I'm a Christian.

Yes, I do believe some people have strong callings on their life, a God given drive to accomplish things for humanity, giving God the glory for it.

I don't think everyone has a 'big' or 'special' calling, maybe they do, but everyone who is a Christian knows there is a verse in the bible that says something along the lines of 'God has made us what we are. He has created us in Christ Jesus to live lives filled with good works that he has prepared for us to do'. - just in our daily lives we stumble across these opportunities or are on the look out for them .
mediageek123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hold on to the feeling.
Haha. That was good!
jaffacake111
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not being a witness to stupidity because I will have plenty of time to be quiet when I am dead.

I didn't know until relatively recently but the late Christopher Hitchens said similarly and I figure if it was good enough for him...
TorpidPhil
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Music and other art!

Curiosity and by that knowledge.

Then ethical obligations, as queer of a concept that they may be 0.o
Ahwab
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What are your personal beliefs: the art of philosophy and reason and rationally solving problems.

What drives you? Usually a bus
nayana71
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Waking up everymorning at 6:30 to go college knowing that it's all going to be worth it one day
darcus aernelius
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I believe in freedom.

i do as i please, and when i please..
TheHopefulIdiot
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm driven by greed, want of power, want of success, want of approval. No, i'm not a troll, i just thought i'd give an honest answer.
I believe that money is something everyone should strive for. Get money, sustain money, and when you never have to worry about debts or bills cleaning you dry, enjoy yourself.
Ahwab
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TheHopefulIdiot)
I'm driven by greed, want of power, want of success, want of approval. No, i'm not a troll, i just thought i'd give an honest answer.
I believe that money is something everyone should strive for. Get money, sustain money, and when you never have to worry about debts or bills cleaning you dry, enjoy yourself.
Your username and persona match
makhtar
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Follow your heart
Don't listen to anyone, let them put you down and dictate your life
Believe in yourself, your abilities and your dreams
Don't let yourself be pressurized into anything you don't wish to do
Work hard for the things that you want or value in life

Remember that life is short. Be happy and spread happiness - if something makes you sad, let go of it.
Forgive - holding negative thoughts, anger and hatred only causes you pain and most often has no effect on the person your anger is directed at. Let go of these feelings.

Your life can only be controlled by you.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I value loyalty and honour (both in myself and others) and my beliefs are based around emotional discipline, individual responsibility, attaining mental and intellectual perfection and putting what makes me happy first.

I'm not exactly sure what drives me fully yet however i am aware that i have an unhealthy lust for power although as i consider this a dark side to my personality, i keep it constrained somewhat.
nayana71
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
To pursue majority happiness by all means
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise