what do British people thinks of Finland? Watch

Dr. Django
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Fins are absolute ballers, with incredible courage (Sisu), no embarrassment at nudity, poorly dyed hair, a feverish hatred of the Russians, fingers evolved to make the nimblest of berry pickers, an innate ability to ski, a resilience to cold, Formula 1 level driving tekkers, an incredible aptitude for languages, a chillaxed attitude, and most importantly; the ability to mistake a four-car-queue as a 'traffic jam'.

Fins are the pinnacle of punching above your weight: even the mighty Russia couldn't conquer the homeland.

Source: 50% Finnish and proud of my second nation. #Sisu #WhyCantISki #PissOffRussia
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Only two democracies have ever gone to war with one another.
Finland is one of them, so kudos.
Enigma Machine
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My opinion is that Finland is an amazing country - particularly its education system, which is something I think the majority of other countries should be using.
Teh Smart One
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The girls seem to be very shy...
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I haven't heard anything bad about Finland but then I haven't heard anything good about it either. From pics I have seen it looks nice though and I wouldn't mind visiting at some point.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kabloomybuzz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've heard they have moominworld.... that puts them in my good books
Snufkin
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The Finns have an interesting history and a lot of lakes, but contrary to popular belief, not as many lakes as Norway. :smartass: The Moomins live in Finland, so it must be a cool country.

This is a nice characterisation of Finland in comparison with the other Nordic countries. :giggle:

JamesManc
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Finland's one of my favourite countries actually! We last went to war in 1944
alexschmalex
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Insane language, super chill (and therefore awesome) people, best looking ladies in all of Europe
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
the home of the Sami reindeer herders... they have an amazing lifestyle and rely totes on reindeer for everything.
Snufkin
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by the bear)
the home of the Sami reindeer herders... they have an amazing lifestyle and rely totes on reindeer for everything.
The majority of Sami people live in northern Norway, actually. And they certainly don't rely on reindeer for everything anymore, most have normal jobs.
minimarshmallow
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You're cold, you like saunas and your F1 drivers are brilliant as long as you don't ask them stupid questions in interviews.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Snufkin)
The majority of Sami people live in northern Norway, actually. And they certainly don't rely on reindeer for everything anymore, most have normal jobs.
wasn't there a mobile phone company in Finland back in the day ? Knockers or something ?
Snufkin
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by the bear)
wasn't there a mobile phone company in Finland back in the day ? Knockers or something ?
I don't know. :dontknow:
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Snufkin)
I don't know. :dontknow:
the name eludes me...

Knockers, Knickers... someone will know
Swanbow
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nokia phones. Ice. Snow. Lakes. Forests. Baby Boxes from the Government. Winter War against the Soviets. Those metal guys from Eurovision. Decent education. Neutrality during the Cold War. Totally different language branch, Uralic, to their Nordic cousins. Historic Swedish minority in some parts. Salmiakki. Lapland. Expensive alcohol from government monopoly shops.

edit: Ohh, and saunas.
Edminzodo
  • Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I THINK IT'S AWESOME. I've been to the most Northern MacDonald's in the world, which is in Finland. I went to Levi, which is nice, but at the time I was a bit freaked out that most people only ate reindeer . . .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Magnetist-Master
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My opinions are...Norway's and Sweden's crazy cousin, drink a lot and the women are beautiful, not sure about the men.

The few Finish people I have spoke to have been cool...but crazy.
Frostyjoe
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
to be perfectly honest Finland never comes into my head so I don't care think about it. lol
Harvey008
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well, I am actually posting this with a Finnish girl on my lap, so I can't say anything bad about Finland or she'll kill me.
If I am not mistaken nobody has mentioned summer cottages and dipping into icy lakes for fun (I say fun I mean masochism).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.66%
No - but I will (103)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (637)
47.79%

Watched Threads