Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mustangmix)
    hair is a huge part of someone, it frames your face. not having generally makes you less attractive. you need physical attraction in a relationship
    God forbid i ever adapt a mentality like OP and yourself at an older age.
    idk how its possible to lose physical attraction towards someone, after being with them for quite a while, over something so small as hair loss.
    So im guessing if he ever had to go through the process of chemo you'd say the same thing?

ReputationRep:
    my hairs Thinining out also tbh but im black so we generally dont have long hair so im not too worried..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rubywoo123)
    Second that, love this������
    My hair is dropping out at an alarming rate ... all my brothers are bald, so is my dad and my mum's uncles, but my GF couldn't give a ****.

The good thing is the bald look suits me anyway ... I shaved it all off!

I get a lot more respect as well ... I'm 6''6 and quite big!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What? I said I'd love him regardless, but it's a big deal for him and me. Don't be such a pig for no reason.

Thing is I don't want to bring it up, I try and not mention it as he gets so self conscious. I'm sure he's tried everything, I don't think home remedies really work much tbh anyway
    coconut oil has worked for a lot of people, even on me. I didn't have thinning hair but my hair is thicker since using it.
    Maybe you could tell him to try it as a way to maintain the hair he has got, so you aren't directly mentioning anything about losing hair and its obvious you are trying to do it for positive reasons

ReputationRep:
    And then there are those who simply have to much of it.

More people than I thought are balding at a young age guess we don't know what we have until we lose it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uw0tm8_)
    How stressful for you. Omg wow i cant imagine how you can go out with someone let alone love someone with no hair??? Omg wow youre so strong.

(Your attitude will make him feel more self conscious about his hair, he deserves better. I hope he dumps you.)
    Childish response. We all have certain physical traits which we love in a partner and it's perfectly natural to feel a bit sorry if that trait is lost. Whether it's hair loss, weight gain etc.

If your partner suddenly had a trait change drastically are you telling me you wouldn't give a ****? It's quick to be judgemental. She clearly said she'd still love him, but she's just a bit disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    All men will eventually go bald.

But if the man has massive money to shell out he can restore his surgically through Transplantation.

Home made remedies can be:

1) Cut out drinking/smoking
    2) at least 6 hours of sleep everyday
    3) don't apply pressure to your existing hair. I don't even comb
    4) Use shampoo only when neccessary
    5) Eat good food

I had lot of hair a year ago as well. But sadly the thickness have been making way day by day. As far as I know there aren't many ways to actually bring your hair back naturally. There are ways to maintain it for a longer time.

Good day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TolerantBeing)
    Childish response. We all have certain physical traits which we love in a partner and it's perfectly natural to feel a bit sorry if that trait is lost. Whether it's hair loss, weight gain etc.

If your partner suddenly had a trait change drastically are you telling me you wouldn't give a ****? It's quick to be judgemental. She clearly said she'd still love him, but she's just a bit disappointed.
    lol. Im childish?
    OP is crying over the fact that her boyfriend is losing hair.

i actually wouldn't give a **** if my boyfriend suddenly had a "trait change". Im not that shallow.

ReputationRep:
    lol. Im childish?
    OP is crying over the fact that her boyfriend is losing hair.

i actually wouldn't give a **** if my boyfriend suddenly had a "trait change". Im not that shallow.

If you cared about your partners appearance you probably would. Or do you not factor in appearance at all? It's not shallow to care about appearance. Grow up and stop being judgemental.

Like I said, if I gained 3 stone I wouldn't expect my partner to not give the slightest.

Having said that I wouldn't want guys on here who are losing their hair to feel disheartened by this thread. I think really short/ shaved hair can look good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TolerantBeing)
    If you cared about your partners appearance you probably would. Or do you not factor in appearance at all? It's not shallow to care about appearance. Grow up and stop being judgemental.

Like I said, if I gained 3 stone I wouldn't expect my partner to not give the slightest.

Having said that I wouldn't want guys on here who are losing their hair to feel disheartened by this thread. I think really short/ shaved hair can look good.
    you are right that appearance is important but weight gain isn't a fair comparison imo since that's something which is 99% of the time a result of your own actions and can be completely reversed, hair loss is genetic and you have no control over it

ReputationRep:
    I'd dump him. Bald people have no emotion, so he won't care.

ReputationRep:
    Darling, if it's that important to you, that's a lot of men you're not gonna be able to date.
    Men are the unlucky ones here, I know countless of men in the twenties with thinning hair and men in their thirties with no hair at all.

Men lose their hair and quickly too. Just grow up.

ReputationRep:
    You lost me at hipster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antonia87)
    Darling, if it's that important to you, that's a lot of men you're not gonna be able to date.
    Men are the unlucky ones here, I know countless of men in the twenties with thinning hair and men in their thirties with no hair at all.

Men lose their hair and quickly too. Just grow up.
    Brad Pitt

people are actually being dicks on this thread and not giving helpful or supportive replies at all.

both my parents have had alopecia. my dad still does and is completely bald, and has lost all his hair all over his body completely (this is also due to strong cancer drugs he is on for rheumatoid arthritis). he obviously found this difficult and lost a lot of confidence, my mum too found it really hard to see his confidence affected like this, but there was nothing she could do to help - i think it was also sad for her to see his appearance change so much. Hair does define how you look.

So people saying she is shallow to be bothered by this, are wrong..I know he doesn't have alopecia but losing hair young is still difficult. Regardless, if you love him you need to make him feel as though nothing has changed...

ReputationRep:
    How stressful for you. Omg wow i cant imagine how you can go out with someone let alone love someone with no hair??? Omg wow youre so strong
    Way to keep it classy ladies

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    She's SAID she'll still love him regardless, stop attacking her.
    Anyway OP my partner was the same, he had a bald patch that's been slowly growing. Not ideal, I think hair makes a big difference to people's appearance and like guys with proper hair (like I hate really short hair etc). He was a little self conscious about it too, but I'd joke about it lots making it almost a non issue (not recommending this, it really depends on your relationship!) and ultimately I really wasn't bothered by it. Like you know, I hope it doesn't get worse but if it does it changes nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulpha)
    Ridiculous response from you as always.

I doubt you've ever experienced proper love anyway given that I couldn't see anyone putting up with your views of the world.

If any of my ex-girlfriends had gone bald overnight I would have gotten over it in 10 minutes.

That's a complete joke. To pretend you wouldn't give a **** if your girlfriend became bald overnight :rofl:

Either that or you have very low standards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greg Jackson)
    you are right that appearance is important but weight gain isn't a fair comparison imo since that's something which is 99% of the time a result of your own actions and can be completely reversed, hair loss is genetic and you have no control over it
    Yeah I thought that when I wrote it, but you get my drift

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 6, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.