The Student Room Group

Would it be better to die from an anaconda or a lion?

Scroll to see replies

I would choose the anaconda because I don't have to die from an anaconda. One man can wrestle a full grown anaconda on his own. We also have greater intelligence than anything eat eats and opposable thumbs we can use for grasping. It generally has to first latch on to it's prey before it can constrict it at which point you can either move away from it's body and/or manipulate it's body with your hands to stop it from coiling around you or you can gouge it's eyes out of it's stationary head.
With a lion it would be much more difficult to fight off what with it being so much more agile. It would take some skill too gouge it's eyes out as it is literally going for your throat.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by awkwardshortguy
I would choose the anaconda because I don't have to die from an anaconda. One man can wrestle a full grown anaconda on his own. We also have greater intelligence than anything eat eats and opposable thumbs we can use for grasping. It generally has to first latch on to it's prey before it can constrict it at which point you can either move away from it's body and/or manipulate it's body with your hands to stop it from coiling around you or you can gouge it's eyes out of it's stationary head.

Eerm, look at the girth of that ANACONDA in the photo in the link?

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/eaten-alive-paul-rosolie-responds-to-animal-rights-activists-after-being-eaten-by-anaconda-9902563.html

Very hard to tell from the head of an anaconda being held so close to the screen but you can watch videos on youtube of people wrestling with anacondas. Watch the one with Nigel Marven, it's a big anaconda but he has no bother with it. There are people whose job it is to catch anacondas for tagging.
Original post by Joinedup
I have it on good authority that an anaconda don't want none unless you've got big buns... so I'll take my chances with one of those.

Sigh. I was about to say that.
I've always wondered this: if an anaconda starts constricting you, couldn't you just take a bite into it? Like just keep biting until it stops?
Do you mean an anaconda or an "anaconda"? :s-smilie:
Reply 26
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
White Tiger vs small boy in Delhi Zoo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgUR5fy9aPE

Ouch. :frown:

After analysing the video the guy was silly he could have easily got away.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27

Im sure I could take on an Anaconda with a baseball bat tbh.. its not like it can out run you... id accept to fight one for a cash prize of 10k aslong as I can have a metal baseball bat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TroyAndAbed
Do you mean an anaconda or an "anaconda"? :s-smilie:

The best way to die is to burn down a few orphanages and then kill as many people as possible before you eventually succumb to a bullet. Bonus points to Anders Breivik though as he managed to somehow survive.
I'm assuming this question is for if the animal has already got you.

Anacondas constrict their prey, if you were caught and coiled by one you would find the air being squeezed out of you breath by breath. It can take a long time to asphyxiate this way, can cause blood to pool in some parts of your body and become cut off from other parts and may even cause some of your bones to be broken, ribs especially. You would usually be unconscious by time it starts swallowing you, although it's possible to resume consciousness during the feed, upon which you would undergo a second asphyxiation. That to me sounds very horrific.

Lions ideally kill their prey by biting the back of the neck and severing the spinal cord or latching on to the windpipe and biting it closed, asphyxiating its prey. If it wanted you dead nice and quick it could certainly do it, unlike the anaconda who has no real choice about the manner in which it kills you. However, being creatures with a lot of individual variation in hunting techniques, temperaments and experiences, it might not necessarily kill you in a merciful way. The death is likely to be a lot more bloody, more open wounds, missing parts, bleeding out... Then again, drawn out deaths usually happen when it's large prey putting up a huge fight, or if the prey is down but still dangerous, the lions might feed from the non-threatening end. I think the lion would have to be just toying with the human for the human to survive long.

Wouldn't want to be killed by either, but the anaconda death sounds a lot more scary and while it's not guaranteed, there is more chance of a quick death with the lion.
Original post by MrMango
After analysing the video the guy was silly he could have easily got away.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He fell into the confined space for the tiger. If he tried to move or run for it he'd have been finished in no time. He should've been helped from those outside
Reply 31
I suppose I'd pick the lion. Hopefully it wouldn't last as long.

Quick Reply

Latest