Turn on thread page Beta

Barbell Complex Circuits watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    I don't think we missed the point of the routine, I think we just assumed it wasn't being used as an adjunct since you didn't mention any other programming in your OP.

In which case, we can't tell "if anything went wrong" since you haven't put any info in the OP about the rest of your programming!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok sorry..I do the cutting version of ICF

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muf_mur)
    Ok sorry..I do the cutting version of ICF
    I don't think you should add complexes to that program to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    I don't think you should add complexes to that program to be honest.
    Agreed. If you want cardio, do proper cardio. If you want extra weights work do 5x5 on the main lifts.

ReputationRep:
    Is this the new fitness fad? A year or two ago it was HIIT, now it's a piss poor designed circuit that's been given a name.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes it's not a perfect stimulus for all the lifts in the circuit, because you'll always be limited by presses rather than squats. The tradeoff of course is that it's SO simple. One fixed barbell for all your sets.

ReputationRep:
    It's definitely not a new idea and it's not really something I am particularly interested in but it sounds as if you would alleviate at least some of the bottleneck by using a little more weight and push pressing/jerking the weight instead of a strict press.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.