were/are you popular at school? Watch

BurstingBubbles
  • Volunteer Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Kind of varied through secondary school. Mainly just middle, but in year 9/10 I was friends with 'popular' people - but they all seemed to hate each other and ***** a lot, so I soon found some real friends again
GunslingerZearon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i was never popular but i had a small band of friends
EagertoPlease
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was popular with people in year below and above me but for some reason not in my own year, hell I even had tonnes of friends in different schools (live on an Island so everyone sort of knows each other somehow) I got the impression most people in my year thought I was really weird so didn't bother to talk to me.

People used to make fun of me for being camp, and oddly enough that was before I even knew I was bisexual (thought definitely more on the gay side idk my sexuality still confuses me) and when I actually did come out people began to treat me with more respect? Apart from the odd ****. Maybe they felt I was trying to be something I wasn't?

Mainly hung around with the alternative crowd. High School was more fun being the underdog anyway p
RF_PineMarten
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by EagertoPlease)
I was popular with people in year below and above me but for some reason not in my own year, hell I even had tonnes of friends in different schools (live on an Island so everyone sort of knows each other somehow) I got the impression most people in my year thought I was really weird so didn't bother to talk to me.

People used to make fun of me for being camp, and oddly enough that was before I even knew I was bisexual (thought definitely more on the gay side idk my sexuality still confuses me) and when I actually did come out people began to treat me with more respect? Apart from the odd ****. Maybe they felt I was trying to be something I wasn't?

Mainly hung around with the alternative crowd. High School was more fun being the underdog anyway p
Where do you live?
Changing Skies
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was in the middle I'd say
Inglisred
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I wasn't popular or unpopular. It didn't matter, the people in my school were idiots
ngt93
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
lol its tsr. Obviously nobody on here was popular at school, except me.
moment of truth
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not really

Posted from TSR Mobile
daisychain_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No. In my school popularity doesn't come with being attractive or funny, but willingness to smoke and do drugs. So no thanks.
EagertoPlease
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RFowler)
Where do you live?
Did live in the Isle of Man, we have no universities though hahaha
YazTheSpaz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Swanbow)
I went from being somewhat a loner to part of the popular crowd. I think people started to get my humour a bit more as we got older.
Ditto.
AlexJWise
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was fairly popular in secondary school, I have no idea how though.
Whoremaster
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Cormac Easton)
Why are you getting upset with me?

There have been what 5 posts in this thread? Calm down. I can tell you won't popular you're so anal.
I can tell from the lack of punctuation, nonsensical discourse structure and the idiotic 'I did nothing wrong' response that you are either a troll trying to rile up the crowd or a flid who was dropped on their head as a baby.

Either option is possible, it could even be a combination of them both.
chocolatesauce
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was quite reserved from nursery to year 2 then from year 3 to year 6 I kinda broke out of my shell and mixed with a lot of people and got called a tomboy because I was quite boyish. From year 7-8 I was quiet and stayed within my group then from year 9-11 I really broke out and became very outspoken and active in lessons. I'd say most people know me because I perform and run clubs at school and it helps to make conversations and smile a lot
Cormac Easton
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Whoremaster)
I can tell from the lack of punctuation, nonsensical discourse structure and the idiotic 'I did nothing wrong' response that you are either a troll trying to rile up the crowd or a flid who was dropped on their head as a baby.

Either option is possible, it could even be a combination of them both.

Judging by your name obviously you were popular with the boys.
ChemicalBond
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm fairly popular now at uni, but I definitely wasn't in Years 7 to 9. I was the one it seemed cool to pick on (top of the year, studious, quiet, polite, into nature, hated make up and fashion, really bad acne... I even got picked on for having thick, wavy hair once!). After it stopped in Year 10, I became sort-of popular, but I still haven't changed. I'm just more confident and unafraid to be me.
Whoremaster
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Cormac Easton)
Judging by your name obviously you were popular with the boys.
I shall take it that you were dropped on the head as a child, as why else would you make such an obvious point?

But true. My days in high school earned me much money. I charged by the hour and my prices were extortionate.
Precious Illusions
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Neither popular nor unpopular
Smash Bandicoot
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lol no. By A2s Year 7s harassed me on the way home. Then I was invisible at uni. Beta FAs gonna beta
UnknownRoyalist
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
Lol no. By A2s Year 7s harassed me on the way home. Then I was invisible at uni. Beta FAs gonna beta
you shouldn't have gone to north Carolina on everyone
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
39.11%
No - but I will (46)
6.81%
No - I don't want to (50)
7.41%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (315)
46.67%

Watched Threads