Turn on thread page Beta

how am i suppose to keep my teeth clean watch

ReputationRep:
    Smoking?

Really bad diet?

(Original post by Olympiad)
    I feel so guilty reading this whilst eating fizzy haribo.

Some dentists are like that tbh. Maybe look into a different dentist? Do your parents have any problems? It may be genetic.
    I know on my mothers side definitely

(Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    Smoking?

Really bad diet?
    I don't smoke but not 100% sure about my diet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't smoke but not 100% sure about my diet.
    If you drink a lot of sugary/ fizzy drinks. That's really what I mean.
    Apart from that I dunno...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ik my mum does, i think i'm gonna start using mouthwash tbh

You HAVE to use dental floss, if the decay is in between the teeth, this could be the problem

(Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    If you drink a lot of sugary/ fizzy drinks. That's really what I mean.
    Apart from that I dunno...
    yeah i'm going to stop fizzy drinks completely

(Original post by dd1234)
    You HAVE to use dental floss, if the decay is in between the teeth, this could be the problem
    not it's like on the bottom teeth where you usually bite down on food. I never really considered flossing an essential to oral hygiene

ReputationRep:
    Crisps are apparently bad too, in that the fragments stick to your teeth. As others have said, use an electric toothbrush (but not straight after eating), floss, chew gum (after meals) and use mouthwash. Depending on how your teeth are spaced, you might need some interdental brushes too.

I'd avoid apples because you really rub your teeth against them, but fruits that you squish and swallow like oranges should be okay.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 4, 2015
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.