Thank you
ShellySpielberg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by RainbowVeins)
I live in NI too - the plane tickets are going to be so expensive :lol:
Which course and college did you apply to?
I live in Germany... if I have to go back for re-interview I don't even want to think about the prices yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
CaitlinDy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ShellySpielberg)
I live in Germany... if I have to go back for re-interview I don't even want to think about the prices yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
I live in Scotland, managed to book tickets for £24 return a week before the December interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
RuairiJH
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Medicine at Queens'
A friend of mine has applied to queens for medicine aswell. Hope it goes well for you😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
RuairiJH
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Will we get an email from ucas telling us if we at least have an offer or rejection on Friday?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Minerva
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by RuairiJH)
I didn't realise that if you were pooled you might be asked to interview. Not the best time to live in Northern Ireland!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I live in NI too - the plane tickets are going to be so expensive :lol:
Which course and college did you apply to?
Very unlikely you'll be called back from NI - and they have used Skype before now, so I wouldn't worry about it
Minerva
Rep:
?
Will we get an email from ucas telling us if we at least have an offer or rejection on Friday?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unlikely, because Track has to be updated by Cambridge first, and they don't usually get to it that early. Although we have had cases in previous years of people learning the outcome of their application from Track, it happened towards the end of the first week after the decisions come out.
RainbowVeins
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
A friend of mine has applied to queens for medicine aswell. Hope it goes well for you😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is he/she from NI too? 😁
Thank you, same to you!
RainbowVeins
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Minerva)
Very unlikely you'll be called back from NI - and they have used Skype before now, so I wouldn't worry about it
Okay thanks!
Jessb_3125
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This is so helpful! Thanks for making it!!! I had mostly tried to forget about all this over xmas but now I'm starting to get nervous! Kinda scary that they're doing the pooling stuff on the 6th - it's my 18th!!!!

Does anyone know if they post 1st class?
RuairiJH
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Is he/she from NI too? 😁
Thank you, same to you!
Yeah she's from my school😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
L'Evil Fish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi guys and gals, third mark here! Next time it'll definitely be an offer holders thread :eek:

Best of luck with all your applications to Cambridge and elsewhere.

No polls on this thread :mmm: except maybe an offer, and no offer to see how many TSR peeps get them.

Enter your details on university connect!. It'll be an easier way to stalk others and make friends.

Stalking Page Google Document

Safer stalking page is here, and the results are here, with some automatically generated pie charts here.

And also there's the stalking thread page if you prefer that... Which is below:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=50582413

And so it begins 

Decisions Thread:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=52629009

There'll be an offers holders thread eventually too... When the dreaded day comes.

Please add your details to an appropriate page above.
RainbowVeins
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah she's from my school😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sweet 😁
themancunian
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Woop woop 7 days till doomsday!
marsbms
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Does anyone know when the decision will come out on UCAS Track ?
My college says that they will post letters on the 9th and you cannot request an email before 4 working days.
Considering that my interview letter arrived 14 days later, I haven't much faith in the postal service !
Track seems the faster way
whatacrydonnie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hate to be pedantic but I'm not on the list of applicants (and Eszti's applying to PhyNatSci at Trinity, not Christ's (sorry))
mildredhampster
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've applied for a deferred place - I can't think that will be a good thing in terms of the winter pool? Are there any stats on deferred at all? Hard to see any.
I am now convinced that's the best i can hope for!! Have been trying to forget about it but getting harder - esp with Oxford due on wed.
And does anyone know if the auto pool is still in operation this year and is it still for UMS for over 93%? I can't see any mention of it. Otherwise the system does look better than previous years - well at least a bit less drawn out...
Minerva
Rep:
?
(Original post by marsbms)
Does anyone know when the decision will come out on UCAS Track ?
My college says that they will post letters on the 9th and you cannot request an email before 4 working days.
Considering that my interview letter arrived 14 days later, I haven't much faith in the postal service !
Track seems the faster way
When Track updates varies hugely by college, so it's impossible to say. I'm sorry to hear that your college isn't one of the more considerate ones.

(Original post by mildredhampster)
I've applied for a deferred place - I can't think that will be a good thing in terms of the winter pool? Are there any stats on deferred at all? Hard to see any.
I am now convinced that's the best i can hope for!! Have been trying to forget about it but getting harder - esp with Oxford due on wed.
And does anyone know if the auto pool is still in operation this year and is it still for UMS for over 93%? I can't see any mention of it. Otherwise the system does look better than previous years - well at least a bit less drawn out...
People have certainly got deferred places through the Pool in previous years - there's nothing to suggest that has changed this year.

The Pool process documents that we used to be able to look at are now hidden behind a Cambridge login, so there's way of knowing whether (a) an auto-pool system still exists and (b) what criteria apply. In any case, it's really not worth worrying about - by the time anyone finds out that were pooled, they will also know if they've been fished out, whether for a direct offer or re-interview.
Doonesbury
  • Section Leader
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mildredhampster)
The Christ's Admissions Tutor confirmed auto-pooling is still in place for all. Except medics and maths.
mildredhampster
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Minerva)
When Track updates varies hugely by college, so it's impossible to say. I'm sorry to hear that your college isn't one of the more considerate ones.

People have certainly got deferred places through the Pool in previous years - there's nothing to suggest that has changed this year.

The Pool process documents that we used to be able to look at are now hidden behind a Cambridge login, so there's way of knowing whether (a) an auto-pool system still exists and (b) what criteria apply. In any case, it's really not worth worrying about - by the time anyone finds out that were pooled, they will also know if they've been fished out, whether for a direct offer or re-interview.
Thanks so much. Good to know deferred not total madness though certainly not keen to go through this again. But def want a gap year!
With the new pool system will we be told if we were pooled but ultimately unsuccessful (which in the pars looked like it was some sort of recognition) or just rejected - sorry you probably explained that!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (186)
18.98%
No (590)
60.2%
Not really bothered about them (204)
20.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise