Turn on thread page Beta

Would you rather be rich or happy in life? watch

• View Poll Results: Would you rather be rich or happy?
    Rich
    30.43%
    Happy
    69.57%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clh_hilary)
    You're not doing a correct comparison. If you assume that you can lose money all of a sudden, you'll also need to consider the fact that it's even easier to lose happiness all of a sudden.
    applies to anything really, anything in this world can be taken from us; for the sake of the question it's assumed 'If this is the case' although I share your pedanticism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dead sheep eater)
    applies to anything really, anything in this world can be taken from us; for the sake of the question it's assumed 'If this is the case' although I share your pedanticism
    The point is if the argument against choosing money is that it can be lost, then the same argument can be made against happiness, and an even stronger one at that. Also, it's a lot likier for one to get more money with money but not more happiness with happiness. The more money you have, the more short moments of satisfaction you can possibly have.

ReputationRep:
    Happy. I don't believe that just by being rich you are automatically happy and I feel like being happy and enjoying life is way more important than being rich.

I'd rather be happy and live a life full of joy than to be miserable and rich.

ReputationRep:
    Rich

In order to support my family properly and giving them everything they need

Be happy as pennywise after enjoying a blissful life being happy yourself.. with nothing to leave your kids in the future....
    Great thinking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    :hugs:
    Thank you,fellow italian!

ReputationRep:
    Rich. Making my family much more stable would do wonders, my happiness isn't as important.

ReputationRep:
    Happy

No one wants to be a depressed ass mutha***** who claims that money will fulfil their lives

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Happy, but as others have said being less poor make you more happy.

E.g. If I didn't have to worry about making ends meet, I'd be less stressed, leaving room for more happiness!!

ReputationRep:
    Happy

The optimum salary for "happiness" is apparently 45K, before happiness "dips"

http://www.itv.com/news/2014-10-23/t...britain-happy/

I thik Id be happy with 45K

This is also interesting:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-11382591

ReputationRep:
    The two are not mutually exclusive. I'd have both.

ReputationRep:
    Personally i would pick happy as money cannot buy happiness

Secondly which goes hand in hand with my above point, we should all pick "happy" anyway as if you desire riches this will surely come with the happy option as being happy will fulfill everything you desire. Thus this is the clever option 😉😅

ReputationRep:
    Happiness any day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Protégé)
    Rich. Making my family much more stable would do wonders, my happiness isn't as important.
    This tbh

ReputationRep:
    Money money money

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As someone with depression, give me happiness over money any day.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Richness can make you happy but happiness can't make you rich.

#foodforthought

Poor and happy, obviously.

Money is nice to have, but I'd rather have less of that and be loved and free and fulfilled in other ways.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not really sure to be honest because i've never really been proper rich. I've wanted to be rich but i've always thought that people would try and use me for money which wouldn't make me happy tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackasnacks)
    Rich

In order to support my family properly and giving them everything they need

Be happy as pennywise after enjoying a blissful life being happy yourself.. with nothing to leave your kids in the future....
    Great thinking
    totally agree with this :/ seems like there are few people who do

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.