• TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
:wavey:

Hi everyone,

Really nice to meet you all

Apologies that we haven’t been in touch yet. We thought it might be nice to welcome all of you together and at the same time introduce you to other new members here at TSR.

My name is She-Ra (Hannah) and I’m a community manager here at TSR. You can usually find me in the education forums but I can be spotted in other areas of the site talking to our lovely members – The Student Room has heaps to offer.

:party:

All of your study levels and interests differ but there is certainly something for everyone One of the key benefits you’ll find about posting on TSR is that you’ll be helped by not only your peers but also by some of our older members who have been through their GCSEs, Alevels/IB/BTEC, uni, postgraduate, have found their career and are keen to help younger members with their questions.

We have forums for all education levels, subject specific study help, university courses and uni forums as well as forums which focus on hobbies and interests, life and style and debate and current affairs or if you just feel like a natter or you have the urge to procrastinate you might enjoy posting in our very relaxed Chat forum

I’ve found forums for all of you that I think you’ll find really interesting J Check out what I’ve listed for the rest of you, you might like them too. If you see any helpful members on your travels around TSR you can “follow” them and their activity will show on your homepage. That way you’ll be able to see all the latest discussions from like-minded people

So here goes folks!

Njohn – how is your dentistry course going at uni? Here is our main dentistry forum. Is there anything else you’re interested in? Our uni life forum is very popular

FionaMcG – are you applying for uni this year? How are you’re a-levels going? Here is our main A-level page and you can find a list of our subject specific study help forums here. You might want to get involved in our undergraduate education and social work forum too J

AdamFarrell – massive congratulations on your place at LJMU, they all seem like a very friendly bunch there. Their forum is here and you might want to introduce yourself to other applicants on the 2015 applicant thread. We also have a lovely IB community which you might like to join? Football is super popular too. For books and literature check this forum out.

Meganraw98 – sorry to hear you’re having a tough time on your apprenticeship. I’d advise that you post in the apprenticeships forum and chat to people there J Good luck with everything.

Meera123 – Our IB community is great and really pulls together during exam time. Is there anything else you’re interested in?

Karbadass – We have study help forums which focus on all of your subjects as well as some great forums which you’ll like based on your interests. Here goes: The Walking Dead, American Horror Story, music, politics, film

Malgola5710A-level and have a forum dedicated to finance and accounting which is really popular!

Nyawke – You will have already seen information above which relates to our IB community. Are you looking to study economics at uni? This should help.

Pisces2012 – here’s our Law forum J Where do you study?

Rose Parton – How’s your gap year going? Are you enjoying yourself? Are you planning to travel at all? We have a fantastic medicine community including specific threads for medical schools. Are you beginning your course in September?

Oliviablackmore – our geography uni courses forum is here – is that what you would like to study after you’re a-levels?

Aseel_jed – We have a Coventry uni forum you might be interested in? What are you studying? I studied at Birmingham – loved living in the mighty Midlands

Danjuk – I’ve linked to the A-level music and film forums above J What would you like to do after you’ve completed you’re a-levels?

WKCrissy – How you find your BTEC in comparison to studying for A-levels? We have a BTEC forum which might be helpful For football and music check out the links noted above J

Fitty59 – Our IB forum is listed above. While your here check out our life sciences forum and we have a great chemistry community too In fact all our STEM subjects are very popular on TSR.

Flowertyyyy – Wow, that sounds absolutely mind blowing! What brings you to TSR? Where are you studying computational neuroscience?

Marty Glees – I’m afraid I don’t know if applications for MA illustration have passed. But if you post your question one of our helpful PG community members will be sure to help you

Abbiegailouise – Teaching discussion on TSR is massive. One our most popular threads at the moment is the PGCE thread as it’s coming up to interview time. You’ll be able to pick up lots of helpful information in our education and teaching forum or check out undergraduate teaching

Taylorkerma00 – We don’t have a specific forum for hairdressing training but you should certainly check out our fashion and beauty forums How are your GCSEs going? Here is the main GCSE forum and you can use the study help forums for any questions you might have about your subjects

Hironechan – So you’ve applied to Aberystwyth? Have you heard back from them yet? They have a great forum here. Oooo I’ve seen you’ve found it and posted! Good on you! You should hear back from the official rep soon

Lukeshepherd1998 – How are you finding your first year of a-levels? Do you know what you’d like to study afterwards? Certainly check out the subject forums and we have some great advice on applying to uni too.

I really hope this helps you guys and see you around TSR!

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by njohn)
I'm studying... dental nursing

I'm interested in... hygeine,therapy

My study level is... University undergraduate
(Original post by FionaMcG)
I'm studying... Children's Care, Learning and Development

I'm interested in... Childhood. Youth and Education

My study level is... A-level (A2)
(Original post by AdamFarrell)
I'm studying... Biology at LJMU, beginning in september 2015

I'm interested in... Biology, literature, football

My study level is... International Baccalaureate
(Original post by Meganraw98)
Hello, my name is Megan. I'm currently studying accounts with an apprenticeship. It only takes about 3 years to complete. But, I don't really enjoy it. I've only been doing this apprenticeship since about August 2014. Should I just do it until the end of my course? I would quit but to be honest I don't really know what I want to do with my life. So, if I quit it I really don't know what to do. Please help, Megan. Thanks
(Original post by Meera123)
I'm studying... IB

I'm interested in... PPE

(Original post by karbadass)
I'm studying... Maths, English Language and Literature, RE, Triple Science, Spanish, French, Geography, and ICT.

I'm interested in... Music, politics-ish, TV (The Walking Dead and American Horror Story), film etc etc.

My study level is... GCSE
(Original post by malgola5710)
I'm interested in... finance and accounting

(Original post by nyawke)
I'm studying... IB diploma

I'm interested in... Economics

(Original post by pisces2012)
I'm studying... Law

(Original post by Rose Parton)
I'm studying... Gap year

I'm interested in... Medicine

(Original post by oliviablackmore)
I'm studying... Economics, Géography and French

I'm interested in... Geography

(Original post by Aseel_jed)
I'm studying... Coventry UN

My study level is... Other
(Original post by danjuk)
I'm interested in... Music, Film, Graphic Design, Business, Events

(Original post by WKCrissy)
I'm studying... BTEC Business
AS History
AS English Literature

I'm interested in... Football and Music

My study level is... AS-level
(Original post by Fitty59)
I'm studying... in the IB programme

I'm interested in... life sciences, specifically in areas related to chemistry

(Original post by flowertyyyy)
I'm studying... Computational Neuroscience
(Original post by MartyGlees)
I'm studying... Does anyone know if the application deadline for the MA in illustration this September is over?

I'm interested in... MA illustration

(Original post by Abbiegaillouise)
I'm studying... History
Politics
Re
Biology

I'm interested in... Teaching as a career

(Original post by taylorkerma00)
I'm studying... Hair dressing

I'm interested in... hair dressing

My study level is... GCSE

(Original post by Hironechan)
I'm studying... I want to study on Aberystwyth University

I'm interested in... music, people behavoir, psychology
(Original post by lukeshepherd1998)
I'm studying... english literature
biology a level
chemistry a level
psychology a level

I'm interested in... music
art
biology
science in general

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (147)
27.68%
No (384)
72.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed