Turn on thread page Beta

If your dream celeb asked you out when you were taken, would you cheat? watch

• View Poll Results: Would you do it? Cheat for Brad, Ryan, Nina, Candice…?
    In a heartbeat
    9.52%
    Regrettably, Yes
    14.29%
    I'd dump them not cheat so I could pretend that what I was doing was morally sound and wash my hands of the matter
    9.52%
    No
    66.67%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cutty)
    If anyone had asked me out, I would have said yes, doesn't even have to be a celebrity. I've been trying to get out of that relationship for seven months, that ***** ain't no good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hahahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    hahahaha
    Hahaha!! high five

ReputationRep:
    This is one of the questions that I generally dismiss out of hand, because it's never going to happen. Other components of the above set include the trolley problem - there are no scenarios I am likely to be in that allow me to know perfectly that if I kill this one person, I will have saved the lives of several other people, and so I don't need to know the answer.

Most likely, my answer to your question is that I would stay faithful. It helps that I don't actually have a dream celebrity in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    elaborate
    Depends on things such as whether the relationship was going through a rocky patch, how long the relationship was, whether alcohol or marijuana was involved etc

ReputationRep:
    No, I would not cheat. However, I would ask my partner and if they agreed, then I would go ahead. The joys of non-monogamy.

ReputationRep:
    You'd feel awful and guilty for a while but you'd get over it. You might even try to alleviate your guilt by giving him false hope, typically maintaining a friendship while romancing the new guy under his nose.

Plus ~SECURITY!

Most beta males on this forum cannot provide security to the women here. I asked as much in my earlier thread 'why are women almost invariably attracted to older guys?'

Um no. You wouldn't feel guilty or awful "for a while" it's the same as hurting someone you've loved your whole life, like a parent for example. You wouldn't go ahead and hurt them on purpose would you? The THOUGHT wouldn't even occur to you. so why would you even think about doing it, go ahead and actually do it and then ****ing give him "false hope" afterwards?

You disgust me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captivated)
    Um no. You wouldn't feel guilty or awful "for a while" it's the same as hurting someone you've loved your whole life, like a parent for example. You wouldn't go ahead and hurt them on purpose would you? The THOUGHT wouldn't even occur to you. so why would you even think about doing it, go ahead and actually do it and then ****ing give him "false hope" afterwards?

You disgust me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    By 'you', I didn't mean 'me', or 'you', I meant 'everyone' or rather 'most people'

Please have a look in Reships at various threads involving guilt for infidelity

Where sex is involved, people get hurt all the time. Me, my dad, my sister, my friend, you will be one day

ReputationRep:
    By 'you', I didn't mean 'me', or 'you', I meant 'everyone' or rather 'most people'

Please have a look in Reships at various threads involving guilt for infidelity

Where sex is involved, people get hurt all the time. Me, my dad, my sister, my friend, you will be one day
    No thanks.

I didn't mean nobody will get hurt I just mean if I hurt someone that I genuinely love it'd never be with intention like cheating is. I wouldn't literally go ahead and perform an action that I'm fully aware would hurt them not because it's morally wrong or just not right, but because I'd never want hurt them like that. Ever.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Christ no. Ffs.

Only a moron would throw away a long-term relationship for a moment of probably awkward and terrible sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    Christ no. Ffs.

Only a moron would throw away a long-term relationship for a moment of probably awkward and terrible sex.
    Britain's full of morons though

ReputationRep:
    This is a serious thread. And I am including spouses.

Your actions will break your partner's heart and possibly give them deep-seated trust and attachment issues-you will watch them cry. But the sex and euphoria you feel will be beyond anything you've ever experienced.

I imagine the vast majority of people will be in denial and babble about 'true love', when the fact is so many of us are scum and would probably cheat on our current partner if the person who's made us horny since we were 12 asked us to the dance.

I put this in Society because I believe 'Society' is a moral void, once you push the right buttons we all turn back into animals

my responses from the partner thread on Reddit

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/co...asked_you_out/
    People who cheat do not value loyalty. Holding such inferior beliefs makes them an inferior choice of mate.

So No.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2015
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.