What's the most bizarre thing that's happened to you or seen on a bus/train journey? Watch

Blue_Mason
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
I was mugged by a Somalian with a big scar on his cheek, was quite surreal to say the least.
Abdi strikes again
super_kawaii
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
When I lived in China, a random woman pulled out a knife when I was on the metro. Was more surreal than anything!
Economistician
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Down the road from my school there's a centre for kids that have been kicked out of their schools.

So, once some kids from this school had a lighter(they smoke). And they tried to set some boys blazer on fire.

Once they got on the bus with a staple gun and started shooting people with it.

Once I could clearly see a knife sticking out of one guys pocket, but he didn't do anything with it.

Many others, but these are most memorable.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I was on an Oxford - London train last year at about 10pm on a Saturday. It stopped abruptly in fields somewhere along the Thames. A bit later the guard came down and told us that two drunks at the back of the train had smashed windows and then jumped out whilst the train was moving (slowly, luckily) and the police had been called and we had to wait for a replacement train. It took about an hour to arrive. What utter morons. Apparently they had missed their stop and only noticed about 5 miles further on.
Lakesx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Stefano93)
I saw a couple once getting it on at the back of a double-decker bus in London :lolwut: but I suppose that's probabily not the worse thing i've witnessed in London haha!

Also being approached continuously by the same women on my tube journeys, one even slapped my arse as I was about the get off the tube.

What about you?
I was in Paris with my friends for a weekend to celebrate the end of exams, and one time on the metro this women in front of us attempted to jump the turnstiles to get onto the train for free. She put her bag on the podium thing and turned to one of my guy friends asking him to look after her bag whilst she jumped. However the stupid woman was wearing like 4 inch heels and got her legs twisted in turnstile! My friend being the hero that he is, caught her whilst holding her bag and helped her through the gate. The best bit was when he caught her, his "eye drops" in his trouser pocket opened leaving a large wet patch on the front of his trousers... which meant he got thrashed by the rest of us on the train ride home...

In Istanbul, myself and a friend were sitting on their tram and the young woman, about 20-30, tried to push my friend off her seat rather than asking her to sit down!:confused: With a joint effort we managed to push the woman away which was quite good cause we were like 11.
In london however, I have seen a fox casually get onto the central line:eek:
Uhh had some really weird people come up to me and whisper nonsense in my ear ...?
I have had the pleasure of one of my guy friends pretending to surf on the tube and swing from the poles after a long night :rolleyes:
photographer1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The tube is quite tame, only seen people spitting and swearing really. If you want to see the real action go on the subway in NYC, every train has a either a drug addict singing for money, people with mental health disorders walking up and down the carriages talking to themselves loudly and threatening other commuters, but the most disturbing was a guy on a platform sitting on a bench with his trousers and pants down by his ankles, as the train was coming he got up and started to walk towards us, still with his pants down.... Epic!
The_K1NG
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I once got mugged on the top deck. I try to not go to the top deck anymore.
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I was on the north-bound northern line at Euston on a train that said it'd be going on the High-Barnet branch. But then before Camden Town the announcement voice said that it was an Edgware-bound train and the train dot-matrix screen said "This train will terminate at Edgware". So everyone in the train was like "wot" and half of the people got out at Camden Town, the rest of us putting our faith in the powers that be that this was a mistake and that the train would in actual fact continue to go up the High Barnet Branch. We left Camden Town and the screen said the next station would be Chalk Farm. The next minutes were very tense with everyone on the train waiting in trepidation to see if we would emerge in Chalk Farm - where chaos would surely ensue - or Kentish Town - in which the driver would surely be declared a hero. Sure enough, we ended up in Kentish Town and everyone was happy. It was an emotional journey. It was even more exciting because there was a group of chinese tourists on the train who didn't understand the tannoy which made it even more tense.
L'Evil Fish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Blue_Mason)
Abdi strikes again
Lmfao

Shouldn't laugh at this.... But I am
photographer1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Chlorophile)
I was on the north-bound northern line at Euston on a train that said it'd be going on the High-Barnet branch. But then before Camden Town the announcement voice said that it was an Edgware-bound train and the train dot-matrix screen said "This train will terminate at Edgware". So everyone in the train was like "wot" and half of the people got out at Camden Town, the rest of us putting our faith in the powers that be that this was a mistake and that the train would in actual fact continue to go up the High Barnet Branch. We left Camden Town and the screen said the next station would be Chalk Farm. The next minutes were very tense with everyone on the train waiting in trepidation to see if we would emerge in Chalk Farm - where chaos would surely ensue - or Kentish Town - in which the driver would surely be declared a hero. Sure enough, we ended up in Kentish Town and everyone was happy. It was an emotional journey. It was even more exciting because there was a group of chinese tourists on the train who didn't understand the tannoy which made it even more tense.
Nothing like a good old fashioned 1st world problem lol..
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by dead sheep eater)
did he take your gold
My phone, which was the crap blackberry at the time
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by photographer1)
Nothing like a good old fashioned 1st world problem lol..
It was great because this situation divided the risk-takers (and the chinese) from the wusses.
L'Evil Fish
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
My phone, which was the crap blackberry at the time
Did you try and chase him?
Did he have a weapon?
On a slack of one to bleck, how dark was he?

****ing hate these bleurgh beep beep beeeps
PenguinEmperor
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Not super amazing but once while I was on the Tube, we saw a mugger rob a woman and then 2 guys grabbed the mugger, took the bag off him and kicked him out of the tube xD
L'Evil Fish
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
A guy started barking at me once...

Barking mad I tell you.
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by L'Evil Fish)
Did you try and chase him?
Did he have a weapon?
On a slack of one to bleck, how dark was he?

****ing hate these bleurgh beep beep beeeps
No, it was funny really. I was sitting at the back, nearly the whole top deck was empty and he comes and sits right next to me. His 2 mates then both sat on the seats by the stairs, obviously to try and block me if I tried to escape :laugh:. Wasn't worth chasing him, the phone was insured.

And he was very dark, probably bleck.
Mary562
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I was on a train going to Lebgasse with family (In Austria). I sat down on a chair and opposite me was this very old guy and he STANK so badly. Everyone had their nose covered. I didn't want to get up because it would have been rude but I couldn't take it any longer. My auntie grabbed me and we got off that train and caught another one - thank god.
I have never in my life seen a smelly person like that - I think he hasn't even had a shower for a good two months or something!
TheTipsyTarsier
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
A man sat in front of me on the bus listened to my conversation, knew I'd missed the 148 bus to go home and so was going to walk. He then turned around and asked what time the 148 was and if it was a long walk. I scuttled off to Co op but he was right behind me in there. He then walked home behind me for a little while before asking questions about the village. He then told me everything about him.

Nice guy, I hope he manages to get off the heroin.
Mary562
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by L'Evil Fish)
A guy started barking at me once...

Barking bad I tell you.
Are you sure he wasn't a dog? :lol:
TheTipsyTarsier
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Also, my double decker college bus tried to under a low bridge (wasn't on it that day)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_west/7675724.stm
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (232)
27.62%
No (608)
72.38%

Watched Threads