Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Pain how they get away with it ha
ForgetMe
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lyrical_lie)
Yea I was looking into this for my boyfriend as often he works til 10pm then starts at 7am the next day at Morrisons but he's too worried he won't get shifts if he doesn't just work it.
He should ask the store manager about that because at my work we have 6 am - 2 pm / 12 midday - 8 pm shift patterns and if someone does 12 to 8 pm, and the next day they have 6 am shift, they can leave home at 7 pm but this was not mentioned in our contracts. I don't work for Morrisons but for another major retailer in their warehouse
sr90
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For sales, stocktakes, VM etc I always finished at 9/10pm and had to be in again at 5/6am the next day.

Like many things in retail, it's just exploiting people. They know that they'll never get called out on it.
neal95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I used to work Fridays 6-10 pm and then again on Saturday 7-1 am, but they said they would change my shift, however I asked them not to as it suited me and meant I could travel the 30 miles to make my football games which kicked off at 3.

It can be tiring but I find once your up after half an hour you are fine. I also used to sleep at about 2 and wake up for 5 am. We underestimate the strength of our resolve a lot of the time
J-SP
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I don't necessarily see it as exploitation. The simple answer is if people have an issue with it, they should change their shift pattern so they don't do a shift less than 11 hours after the last one.

But by the time they factor in that they want X number of hours a week and only on specific days, there needs to be a compromise somewhere and I suspect that is why many are actually very willing and happy to forego the 11 hour break in between.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (246)
27.27%
No (656)
72.73%

Watched Threads