Turn on thread page Beta
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Sweet Jesus that thing is beautiful! :eek: Less than $1000 too. Nice! :yep:
    No word on how long "long" battery is, did I have specs said either, because who knows (although at that price I expect them to be decent enough), but I really hope it is as good as current Macbooks just to shut up the fanboys, even if they get even longer batteries when they throw the newer processors in.

WRT TX1, really it's only 512Gflops, but the measure they used put it up to 1Tflop so they could boast it as 1Tflop, as as I expected it's slightly dodgy dealings to do it. Apparently some of the new intel chips are actually more powerful in terms of raw power though.

As an aside, Uni network stuff is changing at 8am so I haven't really tried to get shield working, but there is a LAN on the other side of campus at the weekend so I will try to get it working, don't really feel like lugging everything over there, especially considering 2 monitors are an inconvenience before even thinking about the size and mass of the rig itself, and even if the bus does stop right outside my house and where the LAN is. Hopefully I can either get it working tomorrow or at least make some progress on getting assistance.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.