Turn on thread page Beta

70% of women say a man 'wouldn't stand a chance' if he was under 6 foot watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greg Jackson)
    70% of women say a man 'wouldn't stand a chance' if he was under 6 foot, feel so bad for manlets srs it's a death sentence

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...eth-Green.html

feel so bad for manlets
    100% of married men under six foot are surviving your death sentence. Im 5'10" and have been in long term relationships since i was 23.

Firstly its the daily bloody mail

secondly what a load of crap, it sites Tom bloody Cruise in it, ya know the guy whos been with kaite holmes, ncole kidman and penelope cruz to name a few

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exceptional)
    "Sally Smith, 32, of Birmingham, said: 'I'm 5ft 8ins and my ex-boyfriend was only 5ft 7ins. After a while I got a bit sick of looking down on him and never being able to wear heels, so after a year I gave him the push."

If that's the sort of sample that's been taken in this survey then they've clearly only asked shallow women with insecurities or their own.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lmao she's so blunt

ReputationRep:
    Women wouldn't stand a chance if they had small boobs
    Men wouldn't stand a chance if they were bald

So many sweeping generalisations that are stupid.
    Thankfully I'm 6ft

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    100% of married men under six foot are surviving your death sentence. Im 5'10" and have been in long term relationships since i was 23.

Firstly its the daily bloody mail

secondly what a load of crap, it sites Tom bloody Cruise in it, ya know the guy whos been with kaite holmes, ncole kidman and penelope cruz to name a few
    tom cruise is a hollywood actor and worth 400 million dollars and has elite facial aesthetics, he is a special case, for normal people manlets are at a severe disadvantage

ReputationRep:
    The key thing is who conducted the poll - was it a national pollster, a university anthropology department or was it a clothing brand for tall men?

It was a clothing brand for tall men.

If the stats are representative (which sounds doubtful) it would be indicative of a lot of disappointment for these women.

70% of women looking for 20% of men as a filter. That doesn't even preclude the 20% of men over 6' who are married or gay - and then the men that are for some other reason unsuitable to those women.

ReputationRep:
    wonder what is worse bald/balding or manlet? god imagine waking up as a balding manlet, GENETIC TRASH
    If I tell you bald men are bald because they tend to have higher testosterone levels and greater everything-else-that-comes-with-that, would you mind so much?

ReputationRep:
    wonder what is worse bald/balding or manlet? god imagine waking up as a balding manlet, GENETIC TRASH
    Well the most successful people on this planet have hardly been blessed with physical aesthetics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blondelocks)
    100% of women I banged didn't mind.
    But was that because you were lying down...?

As my old Dad used to say:
    "You don't look at the mantelpiece when you're stoking the fire"
    and
    "We're all the same height lying down".

I never heard him say "We're all the same colour in the dark" but 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

ReputationRep:
    Where even is this stat? The whole article is a mish-mash of random numbers that presumably no one cares about... elsewhere it states that only 63% even think taller men are more attractive. Implying of course that 10% of women find shorter men equally as attractive, but wouldn't date them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catsis)
    Girls saying that are 5'8.
    I'm 5'7 and my boy is like 5'9. People are just pricks

ReputationRep:
    So much negative energy... as if all those women are going to get 6 ft + partners :P

ReputationRep:
    cot damn he dropped like 6 points just because of his hair

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kidzworld_ph...am%20young.jpg

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Entertai...9_16x9_992.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chucklevisionary)
    I wouldn't be interested in 100% of those women even if I was over 6 feet tall then
    Well said :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Are 70% of British men under 6ft single? Oh no, they're not. People always set their standards higher when they're asked for their ideal - in reality they're much less picky.

Thank goodness I have a big willy then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    ''according to the study of 1,400 British women''

So what's that, 0.0000001% of the population?
    Just so you know, that's a really good sample size.

I can't remember exactly, but if you ask 100 random people what there favorite color is, you can generalize that to the entire population with something like 95% accuracy.

ReputationRep:
    lol I'm a 5ft8 girl and I would date a guy that was shorter than me... tall guys are so intimidating!!!

ReputationRep:
    It's funny how women actually think men give a **** about their preferences

5'11 and proud baby

ReputationRep:
    Should read: 70% of female giants say a man 'wouldn't stand a chance' if he was of normal height.

ReputationRep:
    Tbf I think women's perception of length is meant to be a bit... Off isn't it?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2015
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.