Do you ever do this while taking a shower? Watch

realunited
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by parsyyy)
what do you ask yourself???
Well I imagine I'm this rich successful dude giving a inspiring speech or being interviewed by BBC or something .....:P

Posted from TSR Mobile
realunited
Rep:
?
(Original post by Eva.Gregoria)
Once or twice :ninja:
:cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1649843
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I sing german folk songs in the shower such as Im Frütau zu Berge

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sFUZVMBbIvk
realunited
Rep:
?
(Original post by ProudEnglishman)
I've been talking to myself for years. It all started when I had to go to bed but wanted to continue my game of wrestling action-figures, so I had a commentary of an imaginary wrestling match going on in my head before I eventually fell to sleep. This has manifested itself in imaginary scenarios, stories, interviews and political speeches given to an imaginary audience; and I do it everywhere (in bed, pacing the landing or my room, on the toilet, in the shower, and so on). The trick is in ensuring that one doesn't actually speak it aloud. Whatever consumes my thoughts the most finds itself manifested in discussions with myself: these days, that thing is politics, hence political speeches and interviews given to non-existent assemblies and non-existent interlocutors. Sometimes when I'm bored, I'll discuss in a documentary-fashion (meaning from different personas) the ongoing events of some war which hasn't actually happened with a pen/pencil-drawn map next to me of the territory that is being gained and lost; and when I'm feeling extra creative, I'll get some coloured pens out for this to better delineate the territorial changes, army movements, and so on.

So yeah, a lot of my existence takes place in my mind; this is probably why I ended up teaching myself all sorts via the internet (I'm am an autodidact). Suffice it to say, I have a good relationship with myself.
Haha awesome!!!! Yeah its nice talking to oneself regularly :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
realunited
Rep:
?
(Original post by IanDangerously)
No ... I just sing, rap and do Family Guy voices in the shower.

I take long showers.
Do it all at once ...you could be a YouTube sensation

Posted from TSR Mobile
realunited
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gott)
I sing german folk songs in the shower such as Im Frütau zu Berge

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sFUZVMBbIvk
That sounds so catchy! Sometimes I secretly wish I was half German ...I just love the language the names and the football!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
nixonsjellybeans
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm going to start waiting outside bathrooms now to listen in bewilderment to these shower interviews.
RayApparently
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have never interviewed myself but I've given some riveting speeches if I do say so myself
Frostyjoe
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No not really.
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nope. =/
Makashima
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I imagine interviewing celebrity and starting acting it out?

"Hey there, I am your biggest fan an- wait not that sounds clingy...I like really your work please kee-...no hmmm I need to seem cool fan! Oooh hey there, what you doing in my town and you have an amazi- WHAT SHALL I DOOOOOOOOOOOO" etcetc
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nope and this is the first time I've heard of anyone doing that
tillytots
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes!

There is someone else on this earth who does it.
MarchingBand2015
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yup. Since I want to be a famous author I do this all the time. lol. I tend to talk to myself out loud when no one is around anyways.
ForgettingWhatsername
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I haven't.

But it sure sounds like fun.
RF_PineMarten
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No.

However, I do sometimes "think out loud" in all sorts of places. I'll be thinking about something and imagining I'm talking to someone, and that often causes me to talk really quietly in real life.
I often like to imagine I'm having a political debate on something like Question Time going up against politicians and journalists I hate, and I have a pretend debate in my head which sometimes results in me talking really quietly. I find it's a good way to rehearse your own opinions, and put into words opinions which you find difficult to explain convincingly.

Does anyone else do this or should I seek professional help immediately?
l1lvink
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ProudEnglishman)
I've been talking to myself for years. It all started when I had to go to bed but wanted to continue my game of wrestling action-figures, so I had a commentary of an imaginary wrestling match going on in my head before I eventually fell to sleep. This has manifested itself in imaginary scenarios, stories, interviews and political speeches given to an imaginary audience; and I do it everywhere (in bed, pacing the landing or my room, on the toilet, in the shower, and so on). The trick is in ensuring that one doesn't actually speak it aloud. Whatever consumes my thoughts the most finds itself manifested in discussions with myself: these days, that thing is politics, hence political speeches and interviews given to non-existent assemblies and non-existent interlocutors. Sometimes when I'm bored, I'll discuss in a documentary-fashion (meaning from different personas) the ongoing events of some war which hasn't actually happened with a pen/pencil-drawn map next to me of the territory that is being gained and lost; and when I'm feeling extra creative, I'll get some coloured pens out for this to better delineate the territorial changes, army movements, and so on.

So yeah, a lot of my existence takes place in my mind; this is probably why I ended up teaching myself all sorts via the internet (I'm am an autodidact). Suffice it to say, I have a good relationship with myself.
Keep every single one of those drawings just in case you become famous-you could trade them for a car lol
minimarshmallow
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by VinitJ)
Do you ever imagine you are famous and interview yourself ??
Please don't tell I'm the only one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes.
But mostly I 'interview myself' regarding things I actually do like what book I'm reading or whatever and use it to brainstorm blog post ideas.
ImNotMe
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by VinitJ)
Do you ever imagine you are famous and interview yourself ??
Please don't tell I'm the only one
This is the best thing i've seen on TSR today
Drunk Punx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Being interviewed in the shower was so 3 years ago, I've moved onto freestyle rapping and coming up with stand-up comedy routines.

The bit that sucks the most? As soon as I exit the shower I forget everything I've just come up with. It's like the shower rains temporary creativity down on me that disappears as soon as I leave.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (117)
80.69%
Leave (28)
19.31%

Watched Threads