Turn on thread page Beta

British Chinese people say racism against them is 'ignored' watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've often thought what a pity the vast bulk of our immigrants aren't Chinese.
    The come here, rarely claim benefits, start a business, pay their taxes, never riot in the streets and don't issue death threats. What's not to like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dexa)
    It's a well known fact that British people are racist as ****. They either display it physically or keep it within their heads.
    Sources? Stats would show otherwise.

"They either display it physically or keep it within their heads."... well... is there any alternative to those two options? To display physically or to not display physically? Bafflingly stupid statement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caravaggio2)
    The come here, rarely claim benefits, start a business, pay their taxes, never riot in the streets and don't issue death threats. What's not to like.
    Don't have a rape culture, largely atheistic, intelligent, well spoken etc..

ReputationRep:
    What I love is how it's not racist to say Chinese people have higher IQs than Europeans but it is when you black people have lower IQs than Europeans. The most stupid hypocritical thing ever.

ReputationRep:
    "Investigators do not believe the attack was racially motivated." I really doubt that!!

http://news.sky.com/story/1405677/si...owner-murdered
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-30739742

ReputationRep:
    Barbaric tbh
    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/ne...medium=twitter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Borgia)
    Sources? Stats would show otherwise.

"They either display it physically or keep it within their heads."... well... is there any alternative to those two options? To display physically or to not display physically? Bafflingly stupid statement
    Yes there is an alternative to not be a racist or a "silent" racist. It's called being humane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snagprophet)
    What I love is how it's not racist to say Chinese people have higher IQs than Europeans but it is when you black people have lower IQs than Europeans. The most stupid hypocritical thing ever.
    What?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dexa)
    Yes there is an alternative to not be a racist or a "silent" racist. It's called being humane.
    What so you can be racist and also not racist at the same time?

Next.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Borgia)
    What so you can be racist and also not racist at the same time?

Next.
    Coming from someone who thinks certain immigrant groups have a "rape culture". You'd probably fit the silent racist type, and you're not half as smart as you think you are :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dexa)
    It's a well known fact that British people are racist as ****. They either display it physically or keep it within their heads.
    Well I hate to think what the rest of the world is like.

ReputationRep:
    don't issue death threats.
    The Chinese government is good at doing that.

ReputationRep:
    trust me even if that happens racist people will still find a reason to be racist.. taking up too many jobs, taking up too many places in the university... etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snagprophet)
    I actually know Asians who have been faced with the "good at math" stereotype "so much" that they now angrily resent someone thinking they're smart. :confused:

So there are Asians I've heard who will say, "And just because I'm Asian, it does not mean I'm smart."

I'm like...noo...noo...noo let's not say that now! :eek::mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tbx)
    Not sure my example is good but look at the response to murder of Mi Gao Huang Chen in 2005 compared to that of say Stephen Lawrence.
    The Stephen Lawrence case is a proper bizarrerie*** and by no means should be understood as indicating that crimes against black people are treated more seriously than those against anyone else. Likely many black people would say the opposite is true.

***Stephen Lawrence got justice because, of all people, Daily Mail editor Paul Dacre championed the case. It was that newspaper's finest hour and was begun when Dacre recognised Stephen's dad, painter and decorator Neville Lawrence, as the cheery black chap who had re-done the plastering in Dacre's living room the summer before.

ReputationRep:
    I dont understand why these days they would want to come to a small island in the Atlantic, given the fact that all the new opportunities in just about everything are in the east.

ReputationRep:
    I had reasons to doubt the seriousness of the problem but then I read at least 5 racist comments in this thread.

(Original post by ParasiteRex)
    Kind of like British Chinese, British Indian and British Pakistani racism against other ethnic groups is ignored, but I suspect the lack of focus here is due to the fact that the racist sentiments aren't usually expressed in a language that would make a catchy headline for a British publication. Here's an extract from The Economist about a recently published book concerning Chinese expansion into Africa that reveals the native Chinese' attitude toward equality.
    You're quoting a guy with the name ' China's second continent'. How much of a chip on his shoulder must he have to create that username? Therefore how distorted must his views be?

ReputationRep:
    I agree there needs to be significantly more done in regards to the discrimination the asian community faces but was it really necessary to turn this into a competition about which race has it easier ?

ReputationRep:
    I must say I'm somewhat surprised. Personally I think that the east Asians fit in far better than other groups like Africans and Arabs. If anything it seems to be the East Asians who stick to their own by choice when they don't fit in (the types who never leave their room).

I've used the term 'chinky' before but in a no more racist way than if somebody called me a Scot.

ReputationRep:
    If it were up to me wed only take immigrants from the Anglosphere, Europe and developed Asia. Basically the rich per capita countries.

Can't say id mind a bit of Japanese culture.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.