Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If you found a lost wallet- how much money would need to be in it before you keep it? Watch

• View Poll Results: How much money would there need to be before you keep it?
    £10-£20
    30.77%
    20£-£40
    0%
    50£-£100
    30.77%
    £100-£200
    0%
    £200-£500
    7.69%
    £500-£2000
    15.38%
    £2000-£5000
    0%
    £5000-£10000
    0%
    £10000-£20000
    7.69%
    £20000+
    7.69%

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    If you find a wallet with an ID and keep the money, you're having the same mentality as someone who steals and knows he/she will not get caught. It's not yours. End of story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fiasco.j)
    That's haram.:gasp:

Allah is watching you.:security:
    I'm not a Muslim so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbdulKoyes)
    I'm not a Muslim so...
    So why call yourself Abdul then?:hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    My conscience wouldn't let me take a penny. Was bought up not to steal so why suddenly ignore my morals ?

ReputationRep:
    I found a wallet once nd it had £200 in it but I gave it to the register at the shop in case someone was looking for it. I won't lie, I was tempted but I don't think I could live with myself had I have taken it. So I don't think there is any amount of money I would find in a wallet to make me want to keep it...
    :hand:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So why call yourself Abdul then?:hmmm:
    My parents gave me the name when I was born... Besides, I like it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbdulKoyes)
    My parents gave me the name when I was born... Besides, I like it
    Wait a minute...you're not a muslim, yet your parents named you Abdul.

How unorthodox.:laugh:

ReputationRep:
    I would hand it back however much is in it. I won't pretend to be some hugely moral person, but guilt wouldn't let me keep anything.

ReputationRep:
    I'd return it no matter how much money was in it, because the guilt of not handing it in would get to me in the end if I didn't.

ReputationRep:
    Wait a minute...you're not a muslim, yet your parents named you Abdul.

How unorthodox.:laugh:
    I was born and raised into a Muslim household, and I was Muslim until the age of 15

ReputationRep:
    I'd hand it in with no money taken.

ReputationRep:
    With ID, I'd get it back to the person.

Without ID, I'd keep it.

ReputationRep:
    I would take to the police station and if no one claimed it i'd take it. But if it was a few thousand pounds i'd feel really guilty taking it.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I accidentaly left my wallet in the gym changing rooms last year. It was handed in thankfully, but all the money was gone. They even took the Euros and Swiss money.

I'd like to say I'd hand it in, but the reality is it'd depend on how easy it was to do that.

ReputationRep:
    £10k and I'd keep it
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Keep the money if you must, but return or hand in the wallet itself. For most people who have jobs, losing all their cards/ID/etc is much worse than having £50-100 taken.

If I lost my wallet and someone returned it with £50 missing, I'd be much happier about getting the wallet back than I was annoyed about losing the £50. Most other people would probably be similar.

That doesnt mean taking the money is ok, just that for most people, its the non-money stuff in the wallet which is more important.

Obviously if it has a substantial amount of money in it then things are slightly different.

ReputationRep:
    I think there are a lot of liars here. I would take the money regardless of how much was there and I think many who said they'd return it would keep it too.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.