Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you sue your mother if she steals £20,000 from you? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaseratiJay)
    That means nothing to me if you do something like that to me.
    So you'd put materialistic things before your mother?

(Original post by dead sheep eater)
    sounds like the sort of excuse mothers use for beating their children
    But that's not the case here. My answer was according to the circumstance.

ReputationRep:
    I read that article. What a disgusting cow! Stealing from your own daughter is the lowest of the low.

ReputationRep:
    I would be extremely disappointed but I wouldn't sue her. She has spent way more than 20,000 to bring me up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catsis)
    I can't believe some people would actually sue their mother for stealing their money. That woman probably went through hell and back to push you out of her vagina then spent tons of money to raise you and you can't forgive and forget?

Because of money??!! :confused:
    Yes, because of money. £20,000 is a lot of money and it was effectively stolen from the daughter who planned to use it later in life for things like a wedding.

I don't know how any rational person could forgive someone for stealing that amount of money. Asking for just a little if they genuinely fall on hard times is one thing, but this was nearly £20,000. And it doesn't look like the mother was in financial difficulty - she stole it to spend it on unnecessary luxuries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catsis)
    So you'd put materialistic things before your mother?

But that's not the case here. My answer was according to the circumstance.
    Would my mother put materialistic things before me?
    That is the question that needs to be asked.

If your dad strangled you and kicked you down the stairs and stole your purse, it would be all good right? Because he's your Dad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RFowler)
    Yes, because of money. £20,000 is a lot of money and it was effectively stolen from the daughter who planned to use it later in life for things like a wedding.

I don't know how any rational person could forgive someone for stealing that amount of money. Asking for just a little if they genuinely fall on hard times is one thing, but this was nearly £20,000. And it doesn't look like the mother was in financial difficulty - she stole it to spend it on unnecessary luxuries.

Thank you! Someone with the same mindset. I am actually confused at the people who say 'oh but it's my Mum so I'll let her off'...umm, why? What is this?!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    My mum would never do this. When she needs a little money I give it to her and she feels so guilty lol. If she actually needs money and I have it I give it to her because she's my mum. But if she stole £20,000 I'd want it back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaseratiJay)
    Would my mother put materialistic things before me?
    That is the question that needs to be asked.

If your dad strangled you and kicked you down the stairs and stole your purse, it would be all good right? Because he's your Dad?
    Again, my answer was according to the circumstance provided in the OP.

(Original post by RFowler)

So what? You get more money, it's not worth 'losing' your mother.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely

ReputationRep:
    No,20,000 isn't that when you think about how much your parents have spent on you in total over your childhood years

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.