Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My bf called another girl cute and... watch

Announcements

(Original post by Decorpi12)
    I would feel the same way. It's only natural. I think it's a harmless comment though. How seriously you take it boils down to how much trust you have in him and how secure you feel in the relationship. Feeling a bit jealous on the other hand cannot be helped. It's good you talked to him. Best of luck to you both
    I trust him fully, but I guess I wasn't feeling as secure at that time because he was sending other mixed signals and I was worried... thanks for the good luck, I think everything is okay now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damien_Dalgaard)
    Did I detect iambic pentameter in your prose?
    Is the tree on fire?

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend has called a girl cute before; the last thing it made me think was 'interested'.

(Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    I reckon there must be more to it, you should of asked him why he wanted to know what you thought of her.

Sounds kind of strange hehe

Maybe he does want a threesome?
    I asked him that and he said it was just a random question

I seriously doubt that he would want a threesome, we've not even had sex yet and he said he didn't really like the idea of threesomes haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I asked him that and he said it was just a random question

I seriously doubt that he would want a threesome, we've not even had sex yet and he said he didn't really like the idea of threesomes haha
    Lol sorry, I just can't see why he'd ask that / say that.

Would you be open to it? ahah jk (you don't have to answer that)

(Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    Lol sorry, I just can't see why he'd ask that / say that.

Would you be open to it? ahah jk (you don't have to answer that)
    I don't think I'd ever be able to take part in a threesome unless it was someone I didn't care about or I'd just get really jealous :ashamed2: I hate being jealous but I really can't help it

I dont get why he asked either!:confused:

(Original post by Maestosa)
    My boyfriend has called a girl cute before; the last thing it made me think was 'interested'.
    I don't have a problem with him thinking girls are cute, I'd just rather he didnt say it to me

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a problem with him thinking girls are cute, I'd just rather he didnt say it to me
    My boyfriend said it to me. Actually he said she was 'really cute'. I think how we interpret these things depends a lot on how secure we feel in the relationship generally – and that need not match up to what they actually meant.

ReputationRep:
    Don't curb freedom of speech, girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bittr n swt)
    I find it strange for him to ask you what you thought of her then go on to say she's cute....wtf

We may not be sensitive at times but that's stupid of him.
    I totally agree. :lol: Who the hell would ask his girlfriend what she thought of another girl and then say "she's pretty, eh?". What a weird relationship.

(That could be understandable if the girl was his celebrity crush... but an old friend? mmmm).

ReputationRep:
    No idea, he randomly messaged me asking what I'd rate her and stuff :/ I'm worried to post too much info just in case he sees this post as he knows I'm on TSR
    Don't be afraid of him seeing how you feel and don't feel like you need to pretend it didn't bother you. Honestly, I think that whole situation seems kind of strange... do you think he might have been trying to make you jealous? That's the kind of thing I'd imagine a guy to do if he was rejected by the cute girl and still liked her or something.

ReputationRep:
    Lots of people (cough especially men) like discussing whether people (cough girls) are attractive in general. It's not necessarily weird.

Edit: the 'ratings' thing in particular tends to appear in these just-for-fun conversations.

(Original post by MuchoDesperado)
    Don't be afraid of him seeing how you feel and don't feel like you need to pretend it didn't bother you. Honestly, I think that whole situation seems kind of strange... do you think he might have been trying to make you jealous? That's the kind of thing I'd imagine a guy to do if he was rejected by the cute girl and still liked her or something.
    I found it strange too! But no they weren't close at all, she was kinda a friend of a friend. At first I thought he was trying to make me jealous but I don't see why he would as he doesnt usually do that I still don't really understand the point of it, but I'm over it now that I talked to him about it

ReputationRep:
    I found it strange too! But no they weren't close at all, she was kinda a friend of a friend. At first I thought he was trying to make me jealous but I don't see why he would as he doesnt usually do that I still don't really understand the point of it, but I'm over it now that I talked to him about it
    Well, so long as you're okay! I just can't understand it myself ha. I'm sure you know him better than any of us anyway

(Original post by Jenn.)
    I totally agree. :lol: Who the hell would ask his girlfriend what she thought of another girl and then say "she's pretty, eh?". What a weird relationship.

(That could be understandable if the girl was his celebrity crush... but an old friend? mmmm).
    Celebrity crushes I can understand, we all have our celeb crushes!
    I think it was the fact that she was our age, pretty, and he could get her easily if he wanted that made me thing negatively if you see what I mean

Also, thank you everyone for the responses. I thought that most would disagree with me, and I also thought that I was being over-sensitive, but it's reassuring to see people agree with me

Well, so long as you're okay! I just can't understand it myself ha. I'm sure you know him better than any of us anyway
    He's a weird guy haha!:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    He's a weird guy haha!:rolleyes:
    Weirdos make the best boyfriends/people to be around

Weirdos make the best boyfriends/people to be around
    Definitely agree! I can be really weird myself so we're definitely a match

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippity.doodah)
    you girls are so weird...
    Yeah... So are guys, everyone is weird somehow. It would be more weird to be perfectly normal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    Is the tree on fire?

aw fk

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.