Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgan8002)
    It's not GCSE. I think it is touched on at the end of A2 physics, but I'm not sure.

It is interesting though.
    I am planing to do physics at A-Levels so I will learn about it and enjoy it cuz I love science
    R u doing A-Levels right now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fallen99)
    I am planing to do physics at A-Levels so I will learn about it and enjoy it cuz I love science
    R u doing A-Levels right now?
    Yeah, you asked me on your A-level choices thread.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you asked me on your A-level choices thread.
    Ohh yeah

ReputationRep:

An atom/molecule with greater bonds but the same particles will have less mass.
    I don't get this sorry
    Ive got an exam on Friday, its a chemistry one im dreading it!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeetingman)
    Ive got an exam on Friday, its a chemistry one im dreading it!!
    Wht is causing u problem anything I can help with?

ReputationRep:
    Wht is causing u problem anything I can help with?
    There is alot...
    Electrolysis
    Everything about Electrolysis I don't understand, the cathode and anode stuff. I know that they're postitive and negative but its just which atoms will be positive. The stuff formed in electrolysis, how do you work out what will be formed.
    Thanks!! I really struggle with Chemistry even with revision guides. My parents are buying me mygcsescience though

ReputationRep:
    There is alot...
    Electrolysis
    Everything about Electrolysis I don't understand, the cathode and anode stuff. I know that they're postitive and negative but its just which atoms will be positive. The stuff formed in electrolysis, how do you work out what will be formed.
    Thanks!! I really struggle with Chemistry even with revision guides. My parents are buying me mygcsescience though
    Anion-negative
    Anode-positive
    Cation-positive
    Cathode-negative

The ions move to the oppositely charged(similarly named) electrode.

You should normally have equations to remember rather than rules, but generally any atom/group will take its usual ionic charge.(eg Cl-, Na+, H+, O2-)

ReputationRep:
    There is alot...
    Electrolysis
    So it's electrolysis... so we r gonna do electrolysis of Aluminumoxide. All it happens in electrolysis is ions changing to atom So basically Al is metal so it losses 3 electrons to become Al3+ so it goes to cathode (Negative) and gain 3 electrons to become Al. On the other end O loses gain 2 electron to become O2- so it goes to anode (Positive) to lose 2 electrons to become O. This happens when the Aluminumoxide is molten .

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anion-negative
    Anode-positive
    Cation-positive
    Cathode-negative

The ions move to the oppositely charged(similarly named) electrode.

You should normally have equations to remember rather than rules, but generally any atom/group will take its usual ionic charge.(eg Cl-, Na+, H+, O2-)
    Thanks mind giving me a common exam question?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks mind giving me a common exam question?
    Fallen99 will be able to help you with that. I did GCSE a few years ago so can't really remember the questions.

ReputationRep:
    So it's electrolysis... so we r gonna do electrolysis of Aluminumoxide. All it happens in electrolysis is ions changing to atom So basically Al is metal so it losses 3 electrons to become Al3+ so it goes to cathode (Negative) and gain 3 electrons to become Al. On the other end O loses gain 2 electron to become O2- so it goes to anode (Positive) to lose 2 electrons to become O. This happens when the Aluminumoxide is molten .

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you have any common GCSE questions you can ask me on electrolysis?

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any common GCSE questions you can ask me on electrolysis?
    Descibe and expalin how electrolysis is used to obtain pure copper from a lump of impure copper??
    Good Luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 13, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.