Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Ial biology unit 2 jan 2015 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jsearapriet1)
    I said reduces chances of the sperm penetrating the egg cell, so reduced fertilisation. This is because the acrosome contains enzymes that are essential for the destruction of the follicle cells & the zona pellucida that surround the egg cell. So with a damaged acrosome the sperm cell will find i more difficult to overcome these barriers.
    i wrote the same thing

ReputationRep:
    I think I did too in the end, too scared to write xylem just in case cause it mentioned live cells hahah
    :banana:
    this exam was generally confusing and tricky, so I hope the markscheme isnt tough .. What did u think of the exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lama1847)
    i wrote the same thing
    we're on the same page then haha

ReputationRep:
    this exam was generally confusing and tricky, so I hope the markscheme isnt tough .. What did u think of the exam
    This was my resit cause I got an E on my Unit 2 last year. An E. Both my other units were a solid A. I was definitely not expecting that because I studied for an A, a B at the least. I thought last years was harder, although my opinion is kinda biased, cause I guess I missed out some important key words last june. This year there were some tricky questions: especially the last one. That took abut 15 f* minutes of my time, 10 of them to read and understand the question. But I think overall it was okay. There was quite a lot about genetic variation, which is kinda good cause that means you just have to repeat it, and then the questions we were discussing about, the damage to acrosome and mitochondria, were given marks. The experiment question was also easy, I think the most repeated throughout past papers (bacteria culture), and the first question was entirely copied from a previous paper.

ReputationRep:
    This was my resit cause I got an E on my Unit 2 last year. An E. Both my other units were a solid A. I was definitely not expecting that because I studied for an A, a B at the least. I thought last years was harder, although my opinion is kinda biased, cause I guess I missed out some important key words last june. This year there were some tricky questions: especially the last one. That took abut 15 f* minutes of my time, 10 of them to read and understand the question. But I think overall it was okay. There was quite a lot about genetic variation, which is kinda good cause that means you just have to repeat it, and then the questions we were discussing about, the damage to acrosome and mitochondria, were given marks. The experiment question was also easy, I think the most repeated throughout past papers (bacteria culture), and the first question was entirely copied from a previous paper.
    yeah btw what did u write for the last question.. And are u doing any other bio units this session

ReputationRep:
    yeah btw what did u write for the last question.. And are u doing any other bio units this session
    Last question I said that the percentages proof that the environment has a much greater effect on lung cancer than the genotype, as there's only 9% difference in lung cancer concordance between two identical individuals and two non-identical ones (so their genotype was completely different), and then waffle waffle waffle and nice words, and some other key words I guess. I don't remember very well.

And no, I'm not taking anymore Units in January, I only had to resit Chem Unit 1 & Bio Unit 2, rest of my Units were A grades (thankfully). So good luck with your exams now

ReputationRep:
    Last question I said that the percentages proof that the environment has a much greater effect on lung cancer than the genotype, as there's only 9% difference in lung cancer concordance between two identical individuals and two non-identical ones (so their genotype was completely different), and then waffle waffle waffle and nice words, and some other key words I guess. I don't remember very well.

And no, I'm not taking anymore Units in January, I only had to resit Chem Unit 1 & Bio Unit 2, rest of my Units were A grades (thankfully). So good luck with your exams now
    thanks 😊

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.