Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yes, that's your answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgan8002)
    I don't see an image, but factorising is the way to go. Do you see where to go now?
    The image is posted below, is that correct? I'm sorry that it took so long....

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  497.1 KBCan someone please tell me how are the two equations identical. I dont know how you to end up from the top identity to the second identity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john122334455)
Size:  497.1 KBCan someone please tell me how are the two equations identical. I dont know how you to end up from the top identity to the second identity
    You need to be able to recognise the sin, cos and tan of 0, 30, 45, 60, 90 degrees and the equivalent in radians.
    \tan 45^o=1
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by john122334455)
    Do you not recognize tan 45 from a "special" triangle? (I think perhaps this is GCSE knowledge you may have forgotten, but I may be mistaken.)

If not, draw yourself a right-angled triangle with a 45 degree angle in it. What must the remaining angle be? So what type of triangle do you have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davros)
    Do you not recognize tan 45 from a "special" triangle? (I think perhaps this is GCSE knowledge you may have forgotten, but I may be mistaken.)
    We didn't get taught it until C2. Eiher way it's a useful thing to remember.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by morgan8002)
    We didn't get taught it until C2. Eiher way it's a useful thing to remember.
    Really? That't terrible! (Not you, I mean - it's terrible that something that basic isn't taught as part of GCSE trig.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davros)
    Really? That't terrible! (Not you, I mean - it's terrible that something that basic isn't taught as part of GCSE trig.)
    I agree. A lot of people I know forget it by second year too, becoming too reliant on calculators.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.