If it is then im happy to be odd

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moment of truth)
    If it is then im happy to be odd

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same here

No.

But don't even bother what people think about it at any age because different people will always have something to judge you for. I had my first BF at 16, dated another guy when I was 17. Both ended badly (particularly the first one) and I haven't felt ready/comfortable dating since then and I'm 24 now. Guys I've got close to (but not had relationships with) seem to think it's odd that I'm 24 and haven't dated/had sex since I was 17 - one even thought I was a virgin but I learnt from those relationships that it's pointless dating for the sake of it - just to say 'I have a boyfriend'. I'd rather wait for the right guy now and I no longer care or feel pressure from other people's opinions like when I was a teenager. In fact, if I hadn't had those bad experiences so early on I might actually be dating now or with someone right for me - but it completely put me off. I'm inexperienced now and untrusting - so I say, don't feel rushed, I did and it ended up backfiring. Don't get into a relationship for the sake of it or just to feel 'normal' (no such thing!). Relationships can be wonderful but they can also really be emotionally shattering if you're not ready or if you're quite sensitive and it goes wrong - then it becomes difficult to re-learn how to trust and allow yourself to be loved. You're fine, enjoy being single and learning more about yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Not odd at all. My boyfriend is 18, was 18 when he met me, and hadn't been in a relationship before.

ReputationRep:
    im 18 and never been in a relationship either😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Nope, well I'm in the same boat as you anyways it's never bothered me until recently, all my friends are coupling up and it does feel a bit like I'm being left behind though, plus I'll be starting uni in September with pretty much no real relationship experience.. Good to know it's a pretty normal thing though
    (Original post by natkellyxo)
    I am too:P It actually is nice to see that it's all pretty normal and common
    Same here, except I'm now 19. I don't see it as being weird or anything but it is relatively uncommon in my experience, but like all things, it depends on who you know.
    I went to university this year and have subsequently dropped out for various reasons and am going to a different uni this September. Anyway, I was amazed at how many people at uni were in a relationship, either with people from their hometown or from uni or had been in a relationship before uni. Was the only time I've felt weird about not having had a relationship.

Nope not at all. I'm in the same boat seeing that I go to an all-girls

ReputationRep:
    I've been in a couple of brief things, but nothing serious and I'm only 18

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nope that's not odd at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 9, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.