Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A question for the girls - hot > cute ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiminaM)
    Oh, my God, are you serious?
    I don't even need to explain why I don't have a boyfriend, but just so you know, I choose to be single as I am a senior and I am gonna go studying abroad I'm just sparing myself a heartbreak. Also, Highschool relationships don't tempt me at all with all the gossip around.
    wow, you had to write a post like that....

you could have just gone "LOL"....you really are insecure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zedeneye1)
    wow, you had to write a post like that....

you could have just gone "LOL"....you really are insecure.
    So what? I'm a girl, insecurity is part of our obnoxiously sweet charm

ReputationRep:
    So what? I'm a girl, insecurity is part of our obnoxiously sweet charm
    so you wouldn't go for an attractive person because there's greater risk of disloyalty ?

Let's assume you are an attractive female and men don't go for you because they're insecure. Do you think that is possible ? Or that happens ?

ReputationRep:
    so you wouldn't go for an attractive person because there's greater risk of disloyalty ?

Let's assume you are an attractive female and men don't go for you because they're insecure. Do you think that is possible ? Or that happens ?
    No, because men don't overanalise things like women do - getting laid with a pretty girl pretty much does it. :cool:
    Women aren't logical don't you know? I'm not proud of that.
    And yes, I would date an attractive guy (DUH) but I'd feel safer around a cute one. Well, in terms of looks because it's futile to discuss relationships based solely on looks. Good looking guys can make a girl feel like she's the only one in the world too my - point is that cute (not hot) guys don't need to do that.

ReputationRep:
    No, because men don't overanalise things like women do - getting laid with a pretty girl pretty much does it. :cool:
    Women aren't logical don't you know? I'm not proud of that.
    And yes, I would date an attractive guy (DUH) but I'd feel safer around a cute one. Well, in terms of looks because it's futile to discuss relationships based solely on looks. Good looking guys can make a girl feel like she's the only one in the world too my - point is that cute (not hot) guys don't need to do that.
    but you would miss out on the oppotrunity to be with that 0.1% of "hot" men who are like that (bold part) using your strategy.

ReputationRep:
    but you would miss out on the oppotrunity to be with that 0.1% of "hot" men who are like that (bold part) using your strategy.
    I said I would date a hot guy. He'd just need to work harder to gain my trust.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cassiejstephens)
    Cute over hot anyday!
    i think calling someone hot is you know all well and good and based souly on their looks, but like i dont see why guys get offended when you call them 'cute'? i dont know for any other girl, but calling a guy cute is a good thing, the girl is probably more likely to like you, when your just hot its a bit like eh generic your hot, but if your cute your remembered.
    but thats just my opinion!
    From a guy's POV, post no.4 is pretty much bang on.

We know that 'cute' is supposedly a good thing coming from a girl, but it's something we just learn to like for that reason. Most guys don't fundamentally enjoy being described with the same terminology you'd use to describe a puppy or your cousin's baby.

ReputationRep:
    For me, hot means attracted to a girl's body, whilst cute means attracted to them as a person (plus body), so I would generally find more people hot, but wouldn't want to date them, whilst the few that I consider cute, I would want to date. Oftentimes, being cute also means you are hot.

ReputationRep:
    I personally associate overt hypermasculine sexuality with mistrust. I just see it that he'd be way too easily led astray and not someone I'd want to go near physically because of that.

I find stereotypical hotness lechy and creepy.
    Cuteness is much more trustworthy looking (even if it's an illusion). If I feel that a guy is sincere and not trying to obtain sex, that is the biggest turn on ever, ironically.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I don't really find 'cute' complimentary because I've been called this based on mannerisms- I don't think it necessary refers to looks :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lularose83)
    I don't really find 'cute' complimentary because I've been called this based on mannerisms- I don't think it necessary refers to looks :/
    But bearing in mind female sexuality is stimulated by how you make a lady feel rather than pure visuals, I think that anecdotally, your validation on looks alone isn't very well placed.

It's funny that men place so much on their appearance when women don't really measure sexual attractiveness in that way. That's how men measure women's attractiveness.

I prefer being called "handsome" or beautiful but being called cute isn't bad either.

I have a question for you lovely ladies,

What is the thinking behind a girl calling a guy 'incredibly pretty'?

I'm a man's man tbh, not resembling much of the feminine men of today and I have a pretty decent physique (ahrr not arrogant honest!) but girls seem to tell me this rather than 'hot'. So they see me more as a 'cutie'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoking)
    If you don't feel insecure then what is there to feel uncomfortable about? :rolleyes:
    Girls get jealous ok? Even if they are confident in the relationship they'll get mad if some chick wants to bang their boyfriend.
    Stop trying to understand my obnoxious woman logic, even I don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have a question for you lovely ladies,

What is the thinking behind a girl calling a guy 'incredibly pretty'?

I'm a man's man tbh, not resembling much of the feminine men of today and I have a pretty decent physique (ahrr not arrogant honest!) but girls seem to tell me this rather than 'hot'. So they see me more as a 'cutie'?

It means you have a very impressive magazine cover pretty face but you aren't manly/rough enough to be hot. Cute is like awwww - different, pretty means more handsome than cute.
    There's a specific balance, you can't be just pretty to be hot, you're just pretty. Pfff, women....
    The scale goes cute < pretty < hot
    at least this is how I see it.

ReputationRep:
    Do girls have sexual urges to bang a "cute" guy?

Main reason I'm asking is because I find girls call me cute more often than hot; not sure if they think I'm bed material or just a teddy bear. I'm a young healthy male with needs after all.

ReputationRep:
    Hot would be Mario Falcone while cute would be Zayn Malik

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rxamphetamine)

Main reason I'm asking is because I find girls call me cute more often than hot; not sure if they think I'm bed material or just a teddy bear. I'm a young healthy male with needs after all.
    There's cute as in "Aww they're just adorable and make me warm and fuzzy inside" and then there's cute as in "Awwh I want to cuddle him with his face between my legs"

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure cute has two meanings.

There is:
    "He would make a good boyfriend... for someone else"
    And...
    "Let's go have sex".

Only been called the good cute by girlfriends though so definitely prefer hot otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rxamphetamine)

I do...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.