Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do we all share the same soul? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Another)
    Have you even read that study before?

1) Sample size was a grand total of six. That's no where near enough for any sort of valid scientific conclusion
    2) 21 grams of weight loss was recorded on one body. One. Two of the six didn't even change weight at all, and one of them lost weight - then gained it again, then lost it again...
    3) No other scientist has ever been able to reproduce these findings.
    Okay, so maybe that study was inconclusive, but not being able to weigh a soul does not prove that we do not have one (or, yes, equally that we do). A soul may just be intangible, hence why it's referred to as being distinct from the body-"body and soul"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jess_x)
    Okay, so maybe that study was inconclusive, but not being able to weigh a soul does not prove that we do not have one (or, yes, equally that we do). A soul may just be intangible, hence why it's referred to as being distinct from the body-"body and soul"
    I don't really mind whatever people believe, as long as they aren't harming anyone else (Imo, there's absolutely nothing to even hint at the existence of a soul, but who cares?)

What I do mind, is people using really terrible "scientific knowledge" to parade their opinions around as fact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by william walker)
    What? The Monarchy and Church must be linked for them both to be and remain established.
    The Monarchy is historically very brutal and doesn't care for the sanctity of life. The Church is a system organised to exploit peoples belief in God. Religion is a system organised to manage and control a belief in God.

Since I have a personal and direct experience of God I don't need any middle men. Never desired any middle men before my experience either. I always felt that if God wanted to speak to me then God would do so directly as there would then be less room for misinterpretation.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I don't believe in souls, but I agree in spirit: there's nothing ethicially significant separating my consciousness from anyone else's. Ego is an illusion. Identity doesn't exist. Self-interest at the expense of another person is unenlightened and detrimental to the flourishing of humanity.

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't have a soul. #Ginger

ReputationRep:
    Siamese twins might share the same sole

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.