Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carolinesmith91)
    Ohh so what do they do?? that seems strange!
    It sounded to me like each station tests a different skill, the girl I spoke to said one was maths, problem solving. Then a scenario and your response, I think she said hers was how would she deal with a patient that exceeded the chair weight limit? Also manual dexterity is tested, she had to thread floss through a needle using tweezers. This is 2nd hand info though so I cant confirm the accuracy lol x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cwtchy)
    No, nothing from them yet

How did you guys find today? I thought it was horrific and unfair. I thought we'd at least get some one to one time with someone. Not just stations :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Careful they might be reading your posts and not offer you a place now!

I thought the Bristol interview was much the same as the Cardiff one I went to last year. No one seems to do interviews anymore, I think most Dental Schools do stations. My friend went to do Dentistry at Cardiff and they had 10 stations to go round. I suppose it is fair if everyone gets exactley he same experience and time.

I thought mine was difficult as I found the maths test hard, but I suppose you never know how everyone else has done.

Lets all keep our fingers crossed until we hear back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TTMarie)
    It sounded to me like each station tests a different skill, the girl I spoke to said one was maths, problem solving. Then a scenario and your response, I think she said hers was how would she deal with a patient that exceeded the chair weight limit? Also manual dexterity is tested, she had to thread floss through a needle using tweezers. This is 2nd hand info though so I cant confirm the accuracy lol x
    I am useless at maths! Sounds more nerve racking! lol. I hope if I do get an interview it will explain the format and what I could expect x

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview at Cardiff in March. They emailed me yesterday

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=TTMarie;53632503]I have an interview at Cardiff in March. They emailed me yesterday [/QUOTyE]

Well done you! Are you with therapy or just hygiene. I've not had anything yet

ReputationRep:
    Just Hygiene! Good luck! Let us know how you get on x

ReputationRep:
    Oh I'm gutted. I've still not heard anything. Can only assume it's a no

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard whether they've been successful yet??

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard whether they've been successful yet??
    Do you mean Cardiff or Bristol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laura_flies)
    Do you mean Cardiff or Bristol?
    Sorry I should of specified that doh! I mean Cardiff? It's been over 2 weeks now

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I should of specified that doh! I mean Cardiff? It's been over 2 weeks now
    I know someone rang up on Monday and they said that the decisions were made on Friday and we will hear through u as today or tomorrow! Agh 😫

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laura_flies)
    I know someone rang up on Monday and they said that the decisions were made on Friday and we will hear through u as today or tomorrow! Agh ������
    Awe I hope so! It's really frustrating not knowing

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.