Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

Thought I'd join you on here because I have a place for salford child nursing in September! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefnaaay)
    I was in Salford for my Mental Health nursing interview on Wednesday, the interview was a lot easier than sitting in the room with everyone for the Maths and Literacy test. Genuinely. Basically, you'll be sent to a room with rows of desks rather than singular so you'll definetly be able to speak to someone beside you to calm the situatio. The english test was easy, it was 4 questions about Dementia and we were given a laminated sheet with a passage on it to go from. Yours will be similar. the maths test was.. the destroyer of all hope, however that being said I don't have my Maths GCSE- Do you?

As for the questions asked, they'll be different for everyone, but I was asked;
    Why Salford, why mental health?
    What is the role of a mental health nurse?
    Tell me about a time you had to promote courage.
    I had 6 in total but I can't remember them right now.

A bit of advice? Familiarise yourself with the Nursing Code of Practice and who the NAMC are, because you may be asked that.
    Good luck! X
    Hi,
    I'm just wondering if you, or anyone else, has heard anything since their interview for Mental Health Nursing?
    Seems like the adult and children branches are getting back to people but not Mental Health so far..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by username91)
    Hi,
    I'm just wondering if you, or anyone else, has heard anything since their interview for Mental Health Nursing?
    Seems like the adult and children branches are getting back to people but not Mental Health so far..
    Yes, I received my offer for Salford MH Nursing weeks ago!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I received my offer for Salford MH Nursing weeks ago!
    Did you apply for the Bsc or the MA?
    Congrats by the way!

ReputationRep:
    Did you apply for the Bsc or the MA?
    Congrats by the way!
    Bsc! Whaaat about you? Thank you, I got a conditional - Only have two universities left so here's hoping I get all the grades I need. :')

ReputationRep:
    Bsc! Whaaat about you? Thank you, I got a conditional - Only have two universities left so here's hoping I get all the grades I need. :')
    Aww well good luck!
    Ive applied for the MA so there's no dead line for when I hear back. The wait is driving me crazy!
    Are you planning on going to Salford?

ReputationRep:
    Aww well good luck!
    Ive applied for the MA so there's no dead line for when I hear back. The wait is driving me crazy!
    Are you planning on going to Salford?
    Thankyou! I hope you don't need to wait too long to hear back from them. :P Yes, absolutely. I paid my deposit and rent yesterday, now I'm just looking for roomates. As well as that, I'm 100% terrified about leaving home hah!

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou! I hope you don't need to wait too long to hear back from them. :P Yes, absolutely. I paid my deposit and rent yesterday, now I'm just looking for roomates. As well as that, I'm 100% terrified about leaving home hah!
    Thanks!
    I'm sure you'll love it

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    Has anyone heard if they got onto the MA child nursing, looking for anyone doing the same or a similar course. Don't know which accommodation to apply for!

ReputationRep:
    I know this is an old-ish thread but I have an interview for child nursing in two weeks and I'm so so scared! firstly can I ask how many places there are at Salford for child nursing? and what are they likely to ask me? also what do I wear?! ahhhh so scared!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi hope your interview went well I have mine in a couple of weeks !! Any advice / tips ?!? So nervous x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy2986)
    Hi hope your interview went well I have mine in a couple of weeks !! Any advice / tips ?!? So nervous x
    REVISE UR MATHS!!! the maths test is so hard! but the interviewees are so so nice so just relax Hun xx

ReputationRep:
    i have an interview soon
    do you remember any questions coz im soo scared !
    helpppp
    Lucyloo98

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4436457)
    i have an interview soon
    do you remember any questions coz im soo scared !
    helpppp
    Lucyloo98
    just be yourself! smile and be confident and just show them how much u want it!! I can't remember the questions just prepare for them to ask qualities of a CN, why would u make a good CN, etc ! good luck x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucyloo98)
    just be yourself! smile and be confident and just show them how much u want it!! I can't remember the questions just prepare for them to ask qualities of a CN, why would u make a good CN, etc ! good luck x
    okay thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    Hi! i'm just doing some prep for my childrens nurse interview for salford, does anyone know where they do placements? i've been told that they'll probably ask why i want salford and i've heard they provide great placements?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.