Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Um....when we were on the same table last year we spoke about all sorts, she wasn't the chattiest, but she engaged in conversation. Then one day she just seemed to start grunting and shrugging her shoulders, now it takes me repeating a question three times to actually get a simple yes or no(only tried that once..never again..!).
    When I was getting to know my new classmates(I moved to the sixth form that's part of a school at the start of year 12) I asked everyone about everyone and most people said she was a stuck up cow, I thought she seemed okay though. I gave her a christmas card last year, her friend(who until recently I was also really good friends with- she has a boyfriend so don't go down any jealousy route) said she said it was really sweet of me.
    In terms of talking outside of school, she doesn't have Facebook and doesn't tend to go out much from what I understand from talking to her friends.
    Wouldn't have accused you of being jealous :/.

Its completely up to you. You can either ask her, like I said, or just let it be.

(Original post by Foo.mp3)
    **** the *****

Spoiler:
    Show
    :sexface:
    Figuratively speaking?

(Original post by Emily.97)
    Wouldn't have accused you of being jealous :/.

Its completely up to you. You can either ask her, like I said, or just let it be.
    Thanks, you've really helped!
    Oh what I'd do to go back to being 17 and clueless

ReputationRep:
    Figuratively speaking?
    No. Give her a good seeing to, usually works wonders if they're being all grouchy for no apparent reason

Spoiler:
    Show
    Seriously, the next time you talk to her and she responds that way, turn to her squarely and ask her in a friendly but firm tone 'have I done something to offend you?' .. followed by 'you've seemed really off with me since ___'. If you don't get satisfactory responses then **** her off until she's grown up a bit

Does anyone else have any advice??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dancingtillday)
    Im a girl and realised i was doing what she is doing to you, to a boy who liked me alot.
    Im not a biatch, i actually care about people's feelings alot. Its just i am not attracted to him at all, he comes off as really clingy and is kind of a stalker. Therefore the only way of getting him to back off was to distance myself from him. Its kind of working though.
    She is subtly indicating that you should back off, sorry to put it bluntly. Sometimes people just are not attracted to you like you are to them.
    You can find better who will appreciate you for you.
    Thanks, that was really appreciated!
    Yeah, I'd recently moved to the sixth form and I was getting to know everyone, a few people said to stay away because she's supposed to be stuck up, personally I didn't see that in her. I don't know, I just really tried to be nice(I mean, she's attractive but she seems okay, personality means more to me than looks!) and somewhere it all went wrong. I keep telling myself that I hate her, then as soon as I see her again I think "oh god, no I don't" uhoh! She even sits on a table with everyone that I get on really well with in the rest of my year, which makes chemistry lessons awkward!
    Thanks for your advice I noticed this is your first post, are you at sixth form? What are you studying? There are some brilliant threads on here!

If I can offer you advice, speak to the guy/boy you're avoiding, I doubt he means to! You may even have more in common than you realise? Just a thought You never know if you don't speak to someone
    I sort of agree with dancingtillday(though my dear, you sound a little bit *****y...did you think about how he may feel about this?), I was recently on the other end of this and was actively ignoring someone. She hadn't actually done anything wrong, a friend of mine told me that my active ignoring was really upsetting her..next thing I know she's asking me what she's done to upset me.I realised that, truth be told, she hadn't done anything! We spoke for 10 minutes and before I knew it we were talking again and, actually, we're good friends now(around 6 months later), we spend some time together and her friends are also really nice to me(mine are nice to her too!) so it can work out, you just need to be honest with each other about how you feel and you can always be friends with that person again The only thing stopping you is your stubbornness!

~Just talking from personal experience here, it may not work out for you two but it's really worth a shot, he/she can only say no and from my experience 16/17/18 year old's tend to have too many hormones for their own good! haha

She does Music, Chemistry, English and Biology so she's smart enoug(applying for music at Oxford) to know how it would upset me and creative enough to be able to subtly hint without suddenly ignoring me, wow, the female mind is a complete mystery!

Thanks everyone, I'll just ride it out and see, you never know I only asked for advice now as we'll be heading to university soon and I'll You've all been really helpful, especially those of you who have been through this/done this to others.

She does Music, Chemistry, English and Biology so she's smart enoug(applying for music at Oxford) to know how it would upset me and creative enough to be able to subtly hint without suddenly ignoring me, wow, the female mind is a complete mystery!

Thanks everyone, I'll just ride it out and see, you never know I only asked for advice now as we'll be heading to university soon and I'll probably never see her again. You've all been really helpful, especially those of you who have been through this/done this to others.

*bump*

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 12, 2015
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.