Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Was anyone else disappointed that one of the terrorists was black? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aku-gila)
    In a strange way yes, simply because there are a lot of stupid people out there (e.g. slade p above) who will start to look at this from an ethnic standpoint when it clearly a religiously motivated attack and nothing more.

Was I surprised? No. There have been terrorists from all backgrounds throughout recent history so whether they're white, black or asian, I'm not shocked. Wasn't the female one caucasian after all? She looked it in the picture I've seen of her, and that didn't shock me either. I'm sure there won't be a backlash from that though..
    The guy had convictions for armed robbery, drug trafficking and a string of petty offenses. I don't think it's clear that it was "religiously motivated" because that isn't the profile of somebody with serious religious convictions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meenglishnogood)
    He was a muslim convert, I heard he spen a lot of time in jail before too. A lot ofblack people in france ( and uk I suppose) have been targetted for conversion by islamists, particulalry those that have lost any ties with mainstream society. Note there are plenty of white islamicconverts too btw, for example richrd dart, who is currently in prison for plotting terrorsist acts, and various others who were probablyactually white criminals football thugs and far right racists. Islamist ideology is not simpy a arab/brown problem
    Most still have links to Pakistan etc. France is quite a racist country and I wonder how much that contributed to him becoming disenfranchised from society. I'm not trying to excuse his actions merely stating that the Muslim converts have usually have some grievances which made them convert.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guy Secretan)
    Most still have links to Pakistan etc. France is quite a racist country and I wonder how much that contributed to him becoming disenfranchised from society. I'm not trying to excuse his actions merely stating that the Muslim converts have usually have some grievances which made them convert.
    Why do you think theare targetted for conversion? I would think most of francesconversions happen in prison which is over 60% islamic in population–do you not expect a convict will have grudges against society? Itsnot rocket science. A lot of these people had little to look forwardto in life, they were hardly successful memebers of society.Islamists know this, thats why prisons , council estaes, the slums and streets in geenral and fertile recruiting gorund for islamist ideology

ReputationRep:
    You know there's white muslims. Surprise

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anders Breivik was white.

All white people are therefore neo-nazis.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you think theare targetted for conversion? I would think most of francesconversions happen in prison which is over 60% islamic in population–do you not expect a convict will have grudges against society? Itsnot rocket science. A lot of these people had little to look forwardto in life, they were hardly successful memebers of society.Islamists know this, thats why prisons , council estaes, the slums and streets in geenral and fertile recruiting gorund for islamist ideology
    Yeah that's what I mean the 7/7 bombers most had links to Pakistan as in they probably had relatives etc that lived there. They probably had grievances throughout their life. Whereas someone who is a convert probably didn't even think about it before they were converted and wasn't brought up as a Muslim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Octohedral)
    Colour in itself means nothing, but I think culture is as relevant as religion. For example, that white boy who joined ISIS because he missed the UCAS deadline, or the 'white widow', who is the daughter of a British army soldier, represents an entirely different kind of problem from the Lee Rigby killers, who were brought up in strict Nigerian Christian families. They may perform the act in the name of Islam, but their motivations are deeply rooted in their upbringing.

But yes, I hope this doesn't descend into blatant racism.

There are a significant number of white convert terrorists, and people seem to view it as 'an attention seeking phase', whilst they view the equivalent for a black person as 'omg of course you were a terrorist all along'. That is racism, and that is wrong.
    In what way are they a different kind of problem? In terms of outcome? A few isolated cases cannot be extrapolated to an entire race, and regardless of the reasons behind it or their motivations, they are all terrorists and should be treated with the same contempt. I agree with your edit.

(Original post by ParasiteRex)
    The guy had convictions for armed robbery, drug trafficking and a string of petty offenses. I don't think it's clear that it was "religiously motivated" because that isn't the profile of somebody with serious religious convictions.
    His previous convitions occured before he was radicalised and formed links with the Charlie Hebdo terrorists. From then on, it was the profile you'd expect.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's what I mean the 7/7 bombers most had links to Pakistan as in they probably had relatives etc that lived there. They probably had grievances throughout their life. Whereas someone who is a convert probably didn't even think about it before they were converted and wasn't brought up as a Muslim.
    The 7/7 'pakistanis'were mainly born here and no stated greviance relating to pakistan –they following the islamist agenda which was about sunni islamist domiannce in iraq fighting western armed forces. Their ehtnicitiy was entirely irreelvant, as wasthat of the black guy who blew himself. There were all sialmsitslimeballs indoctrinated by the same dogma that a nutcase in somalia,yemen or even afganistan would be fed. The islamists simply recruitscannon fodder and sacricifal sheep to further their own agendas,which are generally sunni islamic control over all arab interests.
    converts get the same bs and false propaganda fed to them, long with the chance to attak the society that they failed to acheve anthing in

You seem to forget thatmost of the large mosques in uk were built with money that originallycame from the Arab states – so whose propaganda do you think getspreached in there to these people?

ReputationRep:
    The 7/7 'pakistanis'were mainly born here and no stated greviance relating to pakistan –they following the islamist agenda which was about sunni islamist domiannce in iraq fighting western armed forces. Their ehtnicitiy was entirely irreelvant, as wasthat of the black guy who blew himself. There were all sialmsitslimeballs indoctrinated by the same dogma that a nutcase in somalia,yemen or even afganistan would be fed. The islamists simply recruitscannon fodder and sacricifal sheep to further their own agendas,which are generally sunni islamic control over all arab interests.
    converts get the same bs and false propaganda fed to them, long with the chance to attak the society that they failed to acheve anthing in

You seem to forget thatmost of the large mosques in uk were built with money that originallycame from the Arab states – so whose propaganda do you think getspreached in there to these people?
    Who put up the money for the mosques is kind of irrelevant most conversion doesn't happen in mosques. There is a clear difference between people who have arab ethnicity and speak arabic etc as they feel more of a sense of kinship with their fellow pakistani Muslims. Also it makes a big difference if they are Pakistani by origin as many native Pakistani's hate America.

ReputationRep:
    Who put up the money for the mosques is kind of irrelevant most conversion doesn't happen in mosques. There is a clear difference between people who have arab ethnicity and speak arabic etc as they feel more of a sense of kinship with their fellow pakistani Muslims. Also it makes a big difference if they are Pakistani by origin as many native Pakistani's hate America.
    No it doest, islamistactiviists have come from all sorts of nationaities and ethnicititesand always have. ISIS is estimated to have pulle din muslims to fightfor them from at least 14 different nationalities. The agendas areset by the arabs in genral because islam is an arab ideology, but allthe protaganists anre pulled in from wherever they can find them.

Andthe central islamist ideologies dont care about pakistanis oralgerians etc – they simply use them to fight for arab causes (palestine, iraq, syria, attacking iran etc) Saudi for example hasits hand in many islamist activities, but you rarely see an actualsaudi arab involved in the fighting- they get the blacks, pakistanis,algerians and afganis to do their dirty work, just like in any arabcountry . Imean who is it you think that are the servants, meniallabourers etc in saudi dubai, bahrain etc??

ReputationRep:
    No it doest, islamistactiviists have come from all sorts of nationaities and ethnicititesand always have. ISIS is estimated to have pulle din muslims to fightfor them from at least 14 different nationalities. The agendas areset by the arabs in genral because islam is an arab ideology, but allthe protaganists anre pulled in from wherever they can find them.

Andthe central islamist ideologies dont care about pakistanis oralgerians etc – they simply use them to fight for arab causes (palestine, iraq, syria, attacking iran etc) Saudi for example hasits hand in many islamist activities, but you rarely see an actualsaudi arab involved in the fighting- they get the blacks, pakistanis,algerians and afganis to do their dirty work, just like in any arabcountry . Imean who is it you think that are the servants, meniallabourers etc in saudi dubai, bahrain etc??
    How many white german or white Irish people do you get fighting for ISIS? Pretty much all ISIS peolple fighting from overseas european countries are ethnic minorities in their own countries. To be a terrorist you have to feel to some extent excluded from the society in which you live. And part of that is not being part of the mainstream religion,ethnicity and culture,

ReputationRep:
    Colour in itself means nothing, but I think culture is as relevant as religion. For example, that white boy who joined ISIS because he missed the UCAS deadline, or the 'white widow', who is the daughter of a British army soldier, represents a slightly different kind of problem from the Lee Rigby killers, who were brought up in strict Nigerian Christian families. They may perform the act in the name of Islam, but their motivations are deeply rooted in their upbringing.

But yes, I hope this doesn't descend into blatant racism.

There are a significant number of white convert terrorists, and people seem to view it as 'an attention seeking phase', whilst they view the equivalent for a black person as 'omg of course you were a terrorist all along'. That is racism, and that is wrong.
    Joining ISIS because of missed UCAS deadline? Are you serious?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ekemini)
    Joining ISIS because of missed UCAS deadline? Are you serious?
    I read it here:

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/u...cle4307678.ece

But doing a bit more research, it's actually a hoax:

http://i100.independent.co.uk/articl...ne--lJLGsnNycl

It made it into the Times and Metro - that's quite some trolling.

ReputationRep:
    I read it here:

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/u...cle4307678.ece

But doing a bit more research, it's actually a hoax:

http://i100.independent.co.uk/articl...ne--lJLGsnNycl

It made it into the Times and Metro - that's quite some trolling.
    You can say that again

ReputationRep:
    How many white german or white Irish people do you get fighting for ISIS? Pretty much all ISIS peolple fighting from overseas european countries are ethnic minorities in their own countries. To be a terrorist you have to feel to some extent excluded from the society in which you live. And part of that is not being part of the mainstream religion,ethnicity and culture,
    As I already told you ,there are plenty of white british islamic converts that have beenarressted , some of which are languishing in jail as we speak., alsothe case in australia, usa etc etc the list is endless. Even theblack bomber jemaine lindsays white birtish wife converted andescaped to yemen/somalia to assist islamists. Islamic fundamentlaismis nothing to do with ethnic minorities or race, its an ideology,that can permeate anywhere, given the required circumstances of lackof education/stake in society. Your theory on this is backward andold hat.

ReputationRep:
    He proved that not all Nazis are white, in fact these days most aren't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ndella)
    He's from Senegal which is a predominantly Muslim country. The terrorist's colour has nothing to do with what motivated his actions.
    How can you be cetain? There are a lot of bad black people. We are from the hood.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    How can you be cetain? There are a lot of bad black people. We are from the hood.
    Can you stop stalking my posts please? You're not funny.

ReputationRep:
    i thought they looked like typical terrorists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ndella)
    Can you stop stalking my posts please? You're not funny.
    Lol at the fact you think you are important enough to stalk.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.