Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    The Tories plan to increase the 32% rate to 50k so basically the same.

I actually preferred the old flat tax and scrap NI proposal.
    42%?

I believe they won't be pinned down on timing right?

This new trend of saying thresholds will be raised to *substantially more than today* but doing it over 5-6 years is very annoying. It would have happened anyway.

If I were PM, I'd riase the minimum wage to £15/hr and the income tax threshold to £20k!
    (by 2087)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    42%?

I believe they won't be pinned down on timing right?

This new trend of saying thresholds will be raised to *substantially more than today* but doing it over 5-6 years is very annoying. It would have happened anyway.

If I were PM, I'd riase the minimum wage to £15/hr and the income tax threshold to £20k!
    (by 2087)
    Ah yes.

True.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anarchism101)
    Will inevitably be disowned as soon as it comes under any real scrutiny (and or when UKIP want to appeal to something inconsistent with it) anyway, so don't see why anyone cares.
    No it won't. UKIP don't change policies too often, actually. What usually happens is the media take something said (i.e. a personal opinion) by a UKIP member, extrapolate and exaggerate it and then magically turn it into a UKIP policy. Then when we come out and correct them, apparently our policy has changed. Just part of a media agenda which is determined to derail us and protect the three party LibLabCon system. Only a matter of time before common sense prevails.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by floppycatfish96)
    No it won't. UKIP don't change policies too often, actually. What usually happens is the media take something said (i.e. a personal opinion) by a UKIP member, extrapolate and exaggerate it and then magically turn it into a UKIP policy. Then when we come out and correct them, apparently our policy has changed. Just part of a media agenda which is determined to derail us and protect the three party LibLabCon system. Only a matter of time before common sense prevails.
    Plenty of the stuff mentioned by the media is stuff in the 2010 manifesto.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Plenty of the stuff mentioned by the media is stuff in the 2010 manifesto.
    Indeed, which is why Farage had to disown it completely (despite having signed his name to it at the time) - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-25879302

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by floppycatfish96)
    Which UKIP member said soemthing which was extrapolated into the flat tax?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ace123)
    Normally parties release their full manifesto's between February-March
    Yet you said it was agreed last July...
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2731050

Why the secrecy? Any signs of it turning up?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.