Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Many muslim supported Paris attack & celebrated it watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InnerTemple)
    So there aren't any? Renders the figures pretty meaningless
    Sorry, what are you talking about? If you believe the lack of comparative Christian statistics renders them meaningless, you clearly don't understand statistics or social science

It's like saying political polls (i.e. who will you vote for) are meaningless unless we compare them to the same polls taken in France.

There was a Gallup poll and a Populous poll that I am aware of.
    Can you point me to them? I haven't heard of them. And frankly, it simply does not sound credible given the level of violence perpetrated by those acting in the name of Islam. And it doesn't sound credible even in light of the views of British Muslims (highly intolerant of homosexuality and so on)

I'd imagine that there are a range of opinions on this subject throughout the faith. Just as there are in many other faiths. It would therefore be impossible say what the "Muslim world" things of gay people.
    I was under the impression you were a solid left-winger (as I am), but it seems you are not. You are a total moral relativist, you clearly seem to have little moral fibre when it comes to defending the rights of women and gay people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by young_guns)
    Sorry, what are you talking about? If you believe the lack of comparative Christian statistics renders them meaningless, you clearly don't understand statistics or social science
    They lack context. It is all very well saying what X% of Muslims think on a subject if it can't be compared to what their Christian/Jewish/Sikh etc counterparts think. How are we to know whether X% is higher than average/lower than average or about average?

(Original post by young_guns)
    Can you point me to them? I haven't heard of them. And frankly, it simply does not sound credible given the level of violence perpetrated by those acting in the name of Islam. And it doesn't sound credible even in light of the views of British Muslims (highly intolerant of homosexuality and so on)
    Here is the Gallup poll: http://www.gallup.com/poll/148763/mu...-violence.aspx

Unfortunately the Populus poll seems hard to track down - I can only find commentaries on it.

ReputationRep:
    ....... you came to this conclusion because of a hashtag? On Twitter? Incredible.

As #killallmuslims was trending, does that mean you all support genocide?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaLDN)
    ....... you came to this conclusion because of a hashtag? On Twitter? Incredible.

As #killallmuslims was trending, does that mean you all support genocide?
    The time to worry is when people start using JustGiving to get sponsorship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erudite)
    This is such BS?! I would never support a terrorist act or the use of violence against innocents!! Nor would my family or friends or frankly any good human being I know. Yawwwwn at this thread x
    THANK YOU!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We should expel Muslims from Europe. Why not? look what these savages are doing right now in the Middle East. Do you think they are going to show tolerance to you? European people have become incredibly weak and naive. White's must take up arms and defend their people and their country. Nearly all of these Muslims aren't Native to these lands, so they should go back to where they came from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whites1st)
    We should expel Muslims from Europe. Why not? look what these savages are doing right now in the Middle East. Do you think they are going to show tolerance to you? European people have become incredibly weak and naive. White's must take up arms and defend their people and their country. Nearly all of these Muslims aren't Native to these lands, so they should go back to where they came from.
    Not sure if your trolling or actually serious?

ReputationRep:
    Newspaper's in Turkey; crowds in Pakistan etc also cheered this one. The Turkish press largely said they deserved it, or had unto them what they reaped. Apologists will continue to be credulous, no need to get worked up by them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Zionists are hypocrites. it's actually Jews and their New World Order that is behind the idea that all White countries must become giant racial melting pots. What the hell do you think is going to happen? it's destructive and we, the victims of this, are racists for opposing our own ****ing genocide.Only France's National Front can save French people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whites1st)
    You have the mind of a 5 year old (on a good day)

ReputationRep:
    What a whole pile of rubbish

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.