Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Question to all TSR women from a twenty year old handsome guy :) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dani California)
    Er, race shouldn't make a difference. If she cares what race you are, not worth it.
    Seconded

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi,

I have recently made myself conscious of the possibility that my european yugoslavian heritage, might not make me viable for women? I am a 20 year old male and have been beating myself up lately. I had always regarded myself as english, as what else can I be if I have spent the majority of my life here? I only resonate with England and America culturally.

I am currently at a top 20 university studying Economics. I grew up in England from the age of 4.

How much does this matter for women, it has never been a problem thus far and nobody has mentioned it nor said anything (Possibly because I am a good looking guy) but I have recently been contemplating it to a wide extent.

Any thoughts?
    The Slavic background isn't a problem but the title of your thread is a bit weird, as is the fact that you're including as a plus point that you are at a "top 20" university...uni bragging is never that cool even when its top 5 but top 20...lol. And you've mentioned both in the title and text of the post about how good looking you are. This kind of stuff does look a bit knobbish so that might be putting women off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dani California)
    My name isn't Dani, it's Kylie. Dani California is the name of my favourite song.
    I figured! Love that song - Red Hot Chili Peppers, right? Just pointing out the coincidence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paradoxicalme)
    I figured! Love that song - Red Hot Chili Peppers, right? Just pointing out the coincidence
    You know it? Most people just think i'm from California, haha. :rolleyes: Love the Chili Peppers, favourite band.

(Original post by Gott der Zweite)
    Why not find Yugoslavian women?
    I'm not stating I prefer one over another. Yugoslavian women are very beautiful. But when you are predominantly in an english society, the majority of women you meet are going to be english.

I was just wondering on their views on this forum. Nobody will shout it out in England and I do not have a problem with women when it comes to dating.

I just wondered what the thoughts of honest people on TSR would be.

(Original post by paradoxicalme)
    It doesn't matter. Also truthfully I doubt whether people can tell or will care. British people are generally fairly terrible at gauging heritages/races in my experience. I have had people tell me I look South African when I'm half Italian.

Haha you are right. I guess my name kinda gives it away. Nobody usually cares though. Just the media makes yugoslavia seem crazy whenever it is documented, when in reality when I went to zagreb last year, it was very very beautiful and civilised.

(Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    The Slavic background isn't a problem but the title of your thread is a bit weird, as is the fact that you're including as a plus point that you are at a "top 20" university...uni bragging is never that cool even when its top 5 but top 20...lol. And you've mentioned both in the title and text of the post about how good looking you are. This kind of stuff does look a bit knobbish so that might be putting women off.
    I honestly only wrote the title to entice people to comment. Then the rest of the description in relation to 'good looking' within the comment section was just my thought process behind getting on fine with all types of women, and whether being good looking is the reason or because people primarily do not care about country as long as you are educated and in tune with culture.

I see a lot of posts on people referring their university ranking, so just thought I would mention it as a relate ability factor with individuals and not to show off.

My apologies, like you said it's not even top five.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I grew up in England from the age of 3. Nobody can tell I'm not really from here. It honestly makes no difference whatsoever.

(Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    I grew up in England from the age of 3. Nobody can tell I'm not really from here. It honestly makes no difference whatsoever.
    Do you have an english name?

ReputationRep:
    One thing you're overlooking here OP is that there are a lot of people in this country originating from other countries. And far more people here with some kind of foreign heritage. It's normal here. Pretty much all of these people have no problems caused by this in regards to relationships. No-one cares whether or not you're from somewhere else, other than possibly being all curious about it.

You're just over thinking things and worrying about nothing. If anything that's what will cause a problem. Just relax and be yourself. If something causes you to not be "viable for women", it'll be some other reason and nothing to do with where you come from.

There also happens to be some women who might find you more attractive for this. There are some women who find foreign people more attractive for one reason or another.

ReputationRep:
    OP nobody cares about heritage.

ReputationRep:
    I'm white.

I don't understand your OP. Wish I could be more of help.

(Original post by RX-94-Harley)
    One thing you're overlooking here OP is that there are a lot of people in this country originating from other countries. And far more people here with some kind of foreign heritage. It's normal here. Pretty much all of these people have no problems caused by this in regards to relationships. No-one cares whether or not you're from somewhere else, other than possibly being all curious about it.

You're just over thinking things and worrying about nothing. If anything that's what will cause a problem. Just relax and be yourself. If something causes you to not be "viable for women", it'll be some other reason and nothing to do with where you come from.

There also happens to be some women who might find you more attractive for this. There are some women who find foreign people more attractive for one reason or another.
    Firstly thanks for taking the time to respond. Secondly, your written language is impeccable. Any tips on how to improve mine to that extent? Seriously, not even one percent kidding.

I honestly made this thread, to completely settle it in my mind once and for all. It is difficult as I will never be truly english nor truly yugoslavian. I never really used to think about it until recently. I was at one point thinking about anglicising my name to accommodate to the english culture, I have decided not to do so.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Do you have an english name?
    yes (well my middle names are not English but my first name is)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.