x Turn on thread page Beta

Your biggest pet peeves? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by channies)
    The sound of scratching against polystyrene and velvet material

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This

Also touching rough surfaces. I cringe so much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pocahontas lol)
    Tell me about it. I was like 14 (22 now) and I had this boyfriend who would lift his shirt up over his head while we're on the bus/train or walking. To show me his abs :eek: and then he'd grab my bum and do all this craziness I mean oh my God.

And there's this erogenous zone behind the knees and he'd frisk it. He threatened to flash me his knob. So I ran from him and he was calling after me down the road, attracting the attention of very sticky beaked rabbis. They asked me if I'm okay, as if my bf was endangering me :confused: lmao.
    Oh my god, that would be my worst nightmare :laugh: However, I did have a guy chasing me whilst I was running away on bike because he wanted something but I've refused to provide :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    Slow walkers;
    Selfish transport users who leave their bags on the seats;
    People slowly demonstrating something on the computer and not being able to find the bit they want to click on and you can just see it clear as day but instead of being rude and pointing it out, you sit there boiling with anger;
    People who don't brush their teeth, but what annoys me more than that are the people who come into the bathroom when I'm brushing my teeth, then decide to start brushing their own teeth and stand in front of the sink for two minutes so there's no room for me. I have to just stand there with a mouth full of extra strong peppermint toothpaste that I need to spit out.

I honestly can't think of anything worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasminem97)
    -Loud eating, eating with your mouth open, burping whilst eating, farting whilst eating...
    -People who stand and talk in the middle of busy corridors/pavements....Happens at sixth form ALL THE TIME.
    -People who use incorrect abbreviations or do not use proper English (Unless its not their first language) ect.. My mum says texts "textes" and says Specifically "Pacifically":mad:
    -People who walk slowly because they're on the phone...
    I hate when people say 'Hospicle' like they are four years old! What even is that?

ReputationRep:
    People on a table next to you thinking the whole room is intrested in their conversation, when in fact it is as dull as ditch water and they are pretentious c****
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    - people who quite clearly don't check their text messages before sending them. No, I'm not expecting perfect grammar or spelling; but please make them readable. I have a friend who will abbreviate (why is that such a long word?) words and I do know what he means, which is fine. But on the flip side, I've given up reading someone's text messages because they make no sense
    - getting dirty looks from someone who is on their phone and isn't looking where they're going
    - crap time keepers. Turning up 5 minutes late is fine, because you know, I understand that at 6.45pm, there will be traffic, etc. and he generally is on time, give or take a few minutes. But some people really are **** at time keeping and then come up with pathetic excuses
    - being forced to listen to other peoples noise. Can't really call it music, sorry. You either need a hearing test or need to buy a pair of headphones

ReputationRep:
    Waiters/waitresses coming over and asking 'is everything ok with your meals?' (grrrrr)

ReputationRep:
    When parents call you from your room, tucked up underneath your nice warm blanket, downstairs...

Just to give them the remote

ReputationRep:
    I cannot stand messy people. Bowls lying around for hours after a meal? No. Clothes on the floor? No. Just put things where they need to be, & things will be much better for everyone! I'm happy because it's tidy, you're happy because I'm not complaining. Done.

ReputationRep:
    Teachers giving you homework, when you have too much revision to do as it is

ReputationRep:
    1. Eggs in the co-op aren't by the bread, but the baking section. (come on, weigh up the #making cakes and #making egg sandwiches)

2. Scantily clad girls on -5ºC nights out give me the shivers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    When parents call you from your room, tucked up underneath your nice warm blanket, downstairs...

Just to give them the remote
    Too peak

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arcanum96)
    Too peak
    Who are you?

ReputationRep:
    Who are you?
    your dreams come true

ReputationRep:
    your dreams come true
    Worst nightmares more like...

ReputationRep:
    Worst nightmares more like...
    how can you say that if you claimed you don't know who i am?

ReputationRep:
    WHEN PEOPLE CRACK/CLICK THEIR KNUCKLES!!!!

wtf makes them do it, hearing the noise almost makes me gag

ReputationRep:
    how can you say that if you claimed you don't know who i am?
    Cos I don't want to know you, simples.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gott)
    Waiters/waitresses coming over and asking 'is everything ok with your meals?' (grrrrr)
    They're made to do that and are penalised if they don't - I expect they don't care how you are!

ReputationRep:
    Cos I don't want to know you, simples.
    Feeling is mutual bubs

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.