Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What about the living costs? I heard it's quite an expensive city because of the oil and petrol industry ...
    (Original post by Rubysmith)
    Its in scotland
    asda, sainsbury, currys and pc, boots, a gym, gp practice, duthie park and a ski center all within walking distance. the campus is fine, not the biggest but great. aberdeen is a city. i found it a little grey when i arrived but trust me there are grey-er places. shopping is fine, we have three big shopping centers.

anything else you want to know feel free to ask!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by AmaRo)
    What about the living costs? I heard it's quite an expensive city because of the oil and petrol industry ...
    It is very expensive. But it's not quite London expensive though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmaRo)
    Accommodation is expensive because of the oil and gas industry, but as with anywhere it's possible to live cheap. Morrisons and asda are both cheaper shops and are within reach of the majority of RGU halls. As previously posted it's also nowhere near as bad as London!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SEANGRAY_)
    Accepted my unconditional for Pharmacy yesterday :-)

Can't wait!
    Hey I've applied for Pharmacy at RGU, but its the only uni I haven't any response from at all. When did you get the offer? And did you have an interview?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linajabs)
    Hey I've applied for Pharmacy at RGU, but its the only uni I haven't any response from at all. When did you get the offer? And did you have an interview?
    Thanks
    Hi!

Sorry I'm just seeing this but I got my offer on 09/02/15 and did not attend an interview.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SEANGRAY_)
    Hi!

Sorry I'm just seeing this but I got my offer on 09/02/15 and did not attend an interview.

Good luck!
    Thank for your reply, I still haven't heard anything from them :/
    Hope I do soon, kinda worried.
    Congrats on your offer by the way

ReputationRep:
    Got offers for management and management with marketing, anyone else applied/got offers for those courses?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi I've received a conditional offer for public relations at rgu - just wondering what people are opting for, halls or private accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erindunn97)
    Hi I've received a conditional offer for public relations at rgu - just wondering what people are opting for, halls or private accommodation?
    Go for halls for your first year - they're the best way to meet folk and make friends. Plenty of time after that to go private

ReputationRep:
    Were are the halls of RGU ive applied for the garthdee flats. Im starting CYP nursing in september anyone else planning on living in garthdee ? Or doing this nursing course. Garthdee flats is the cheapest an closest to the college

ReputationRep:
    I am considering applying for garthdee I have a conditional offer for events management.
    (Original post by Enna1996)
    Were are the halls of RGU ive applied for the garthdee flats. Im starting CYP nursing in september anyone else planning on living in garthdee ? Or doing this nursing course. Garthdee flats is the cheapest an closest to the college

ReputationRep:
    We could be sharing lol

ReputationRep:
    Yeah haha. Still not 100% sure to firm it or not yet
    We could be sharing lol

ReputationRep:
    Firm it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmaRo)
    Yeah haha. Still not 100% sure to firm it or not yet
    what u mean firm it lol. ? I have to send my application on 12th may hopefully i get garthdee dont want a mental noisey place thats just party party party

ReputationRep:
    what u mean firm it lol. ? I have to send my application on 12th may hopefully i get garthdee dont want a mental noisey place thats just party party party
    As long as you don't choose woolmanhill, all the halls are relatively calm most of the time. Equally, every single halls will have noisy nights.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linajabs)
    Thank for your reply, I still haven't heard anything from them :/
    Hope I do soon, kinda worried.
    Congrats on your offer by the way
    Hey!

Have you heard anything yet?

And thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peedie pixie)
    As long as you don't choose woolmanhill, all the halls are relatively calm most of the time. Equally, every single halls will have noisy nights.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is Woolmanhill noisy? I'm applying there for first year as I figured I could meet lots of new people there- am I wrong? What are your opinions of it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AberBeth)
    Is Woolmanhill noisy? I'm applying there for first year as I figured I could meet lots of new people there- am I wrong? What are your opinions of it?
    Ive heard it is quite noisey from a past pupil

ReputationRep:
    Ive heard it is quite noisey from a past pupil
    I applied for Woolmanhill, personally I think it will be the best experience there

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.