Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    So Christians should apologise for the sex abuse scandals, Holding back women who want to have abortions, IRA, persecution of Galileo, the Crusades, persecution of Jews during the medieval times etc? And the daily mail as a reliable source? So pathetic.
    I'm confused. Did sex abuse scandals operate around religious gangs? No. You've got really bad examples.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilmurod Dilmu)
    A couple of things on Christians;
    The Ku Klux Klan
    Joseph Kony and the lord's resistance army
    Christian atrocities in the CAR
    The IRA
    Abortion clinic bombings
    Modern neo-nazi groups throughout Europe

Christians commonly discriminate against atheists, going as far as too call them as bad as rapists, and scared to vote for them in elections, make them pariah's in scoiety and in rare cases just like Muslims attack them. As an atheist speaking in a Christian country I'm scared of Christians more than I ever will with Muslims, because the fact is millions of Christians are essentially doing what the millions of muslims are doing they are funding Christian organisations like the catholic church that abuse kids, create hate and cause crime, you made a very generalised point, a bit too generalised - do you have something against Muslims or are you just trying to make a controversial thread?
    lol... The IRA that well known bunch of God Botherers :rofl:.

this is in the top three most ignorant posts i have read here in 10 years.

:congrats:

:hat2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

He demonstrating that why you ask for the faults of Muslims when other religions have done wrong too.

I suggest moving your mind to the 21st century, and if you are Muslim please help your 'brothers' to do the same. thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by le_darkhorse)
    Because given the fact that the assailant used the Koran/Islam as the driving force for their actions, which is the faith all Muslims belong to, it suggests that Islam has a problem that needs dealing with whereby the real peaceful Muslims (whom I do believe are many) need to stamp out this aspect.
    They share an identity label of 'Muslim' but this very obviously does not mean they have a shared ideology or social perspective. It's an inanimate book that is interpreted by humans who are also influenced by other social, political, economic, etc. events. The notion that its self-described adherents—who are brought up in an array of very varied circumstances—all have a single, unified worldview and list of priorities is painfully asinine. I don't see Saudi princes associating with Malaysian fishers looking for their next meal, do you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by william walker)
    The British nation state.
    The UK is not a Protestant state. It's an Anglican state.

The British also didn't invent freedom of speech, at least in the modern sense of the phrase.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saywhatm8)
    They share an identity label of 'Muslim' but this very obviously does not mean they have a shared ideology or social perspective. It's an inanimate book that is interpreted by humans who are also influenced by other social, political, economic, etc. events. The notion that its self-described adherents, who are brought up in an array of very varied circumstances all have a single, unified worldview and list of priorities is painfully asinine.
    Soo what are you saying? That people can interpret it differently and therefore Islamic terrorism will continue because the Koran is open to interpretation and therefore terrorism by your logic, will continue for eternity. IT IS a problem for which Muslims are responsible and for which they must find ways to stop this horror.

ReputationRep:
    It's funny, why do I not see any Pakistani Muslims in these Paris crowds? They are the worst!

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    THE were perpetrated by priests and the Vatican knew about it.

ReputationRep:
    Soo what are you saying? That people can interpret it differently and therefore Islamic terrorism will continue because the Koran is open to interpretation and therefore terrorism by your logic, will continue for eternity. IT IS a problem for which Muslims are responsible and for which they must find ways to stop this horror.
    So you insist that it is possible to be responsible for someone's actions, despite not even knowing they exist.

There's no point in continuing this discussion with you.

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    So the Anglican church objection to gay marriage, view that people who commit suicide go to hell, objection to fornification and don't allow abortions is 21st century? Idiot.

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    You simply sound like a racist hypocritical Christian who uses other religions imperfections to cover the misdeeds of your own religion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saywhatm8)
    So you insist that it is possible to be responsible for someone's actions, despite not even knowing they exist.

There's no point in continuing this discussion with you.
    No there isn't when someone bigoted with biased views like yourself fail to see logic. You are correct. Keep living your Muslim dream that you are wonderful and all your people are lovely. byebye

edit: oh and let's sit back and watch and just enjoy the rest of our lives with your lovely lot creating terrorism at any opportunity. wonderful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    You simply sound like a racist hypocritical Christian who uses other religions imperfections to cover the misdeeds of your own religion.
    i don' tknow who you are referring to. i certainly am not christian nor do i belong to any faith. i am agnostic/atheist.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why Muslims keep saying 'these extremists are a minority'. So if there are 1.5 BILLION muslims in the world .. how many extremists are we talking? Certainly millions. People who EITHER carry out the terrorist attack, supply them or support them etc etc

So it's not good enough to say they are a minority. It is completely irrelevant infact. And all of you Muslims ARE responsible for these extremists, until you decide as a force to come together and denounce these people and their acts on the streets in a similar manner to the way the people came out in Paris.

I woke up today and saw another article of a hate filled Islamic man who just looks like any other person http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...emy-Islam.html

This guy had thousands of 'followers' watching him. Sorry but this is wrong. You can't keep talking about these extremists as though it is a lone freak like Anders Breivik. Extremists are EVERYWHERE. Heck these Kouachi brothers had links to Finsbury Park mosque. So much corruption.

As for my personal experiences I find this quite interesting because I have lived in London for 10 years and lived in very Muslim/Pakistani areas. I always found it interesting how I realised to myself the way they camp together and segregate their communities and try to take over collectively, just felt completely wrong and I couldn't put my finger on why. But I always felt as though it would be a breeding ground for wrongdoing - therefore it is no surprise to me how Islamic terrorism is growing. I could see a long way back their way of life would lead to implications down the line.
    One of the policemen shot in the Charlie Hebdo massacre was a Muslim. In the siege in the Kosher supermarket a brave Muslim shopkeeper hid people in the basement of the shop. You get bad people in all religions but you also get very good people.

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Hitler and Stalin are atheist yet know one says atheists should apologise for their crimes yet you demand the same for Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    Yes and move your backward mind to the 21st century and the main problem lies with Islam.
    I'm not the one with the backward mine. Your a racist and your ignorance will not get you anywhere in life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pink pineapple)
    One of the policemen shot in the Charlie Hebdo massacre was a Muslim. In the siege in the Kosher supermarket a brave Muslim shopkeeper hid people in the basement of the shop. You get bad people in all religions but you also get very good people.
    I never said there weren't good Muslims. I just said that Muslims don't want to recognise the bad in their own religion. Turning a blind eye.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Hitler and Stalin are atheist yet know one says atheists should apologise for their crimes yet you demand the same for Muslims.
    I can't take you seriously. What crimes do atheists commit in the name of atheism or in the name of Stalin and Hitler?

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Your use of the word that implies all Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student_0)
    I'm not the one with the backward mine. Your a racist and your ignorance will not get you anywhere in life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When you stop stoning your people and slicing their bodyparts/heads off (which is done openly in Pakistan), come back to me about minds. Byebye.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.