Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

I'm hoping to go to BIMM London in October and need to find accommodation also, anybody looked into house share? Don't mind adding people on Facebook or something and getting to know others then see what happens? :^_^:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcorubio)
    Hey I'm Marco, also starting BIMM London this year for BA Creative Musicianship (Vocals). I've been looking at accommodation and I'm struggling quite a bit; private halls are so expensive! If anyone could let me know about somewhere they're going that's reasonably priced it'd be very helpful
    Hi marco, ive my vocals audition in may for sept 2016 and i was wondering how you found the audition for yours?? was the theory hard? im so nervous about it. would appreciated any help you could give.
    kind regards,
    Megan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meganonomous)
    Hi marco, ive my vocals audition in may for sept 2016 and i was wondering how you found the audition for yours?? was the theory hard? im so nervous about it. would appreciated any help you could give.
    kind regards,
    Megan
    Hey Megan, I found the audition alright to be honest! Before it I was really nervous but the staff there are super nice and make you feel very welcome so don't worry about that! The theory wasn't too hard, but it does depend on what you consider as hard. As long as you can read music fairly okay, clap a rhythm, harmonise, sing major and minor scales and sing major and minor triads, you'll be fine! I had never done this for vocals as I also play guitar and know more about guitar in that aspect so it was new to me to sing the scales out for example - but if you know some theory you will do it easily (and the tutors are nice enough to be flexible when making mistakes, etc.). The bit where you have to sing songs is fine as long as you have performed before, but once you get into it it's easy! And the conversation and questions are pretty casual - so you should be fine! Don't worry about it, you'll feel much better once you're in the room with the tutor, believe me

Marco

ReputationRep:
    Hey Megan, I found the audition alright to be honest! Before it I was really nervous but the staff there are super nice and make you feel very welcome so don't worry about that! The theory wasn't too hard, but it does depend on what you consider as hard. As long as you can read music fairly okay, clap a rhythm, harmonise, sing major and minor scales and sing major and minor triads, you'll be fine! I had never done this for vocals as I also play guitar and know more about guitar in that aspect so it was new to me to sing the scales out for example - but if you know some theory you will do it easily (and the tutors are nice enough to be flexible when making mistakes, etc.). The bit where you have to sing songs is fine as long as you have performed before, but once you get into it it's easy! And the conversation and questions are pretty casual - so you should be fine! Don't worry about it, you'll feel much better once you're in the room with the tutor, believe me

Marco
    Okay! Thanks Marco!! Fingers crossed it goes okay!!! Best of luck with everything! Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Marco
    This is a random question but was there a mic there or do you sing without one?
    Megan xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Alright everyone, new to all this, I'm doing production, from london already but I'm moving out to be closer , just wondering what everyone was doing about accommodation and what areas people were looking at

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    same as above! doing production (live just outside brighton) and looking for accommodation in london (preferably near the uni), whats the best way to go about this?

cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meganonomous)
    This is a random question but was there a mic there or do you sing without one?
    Megan xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry for the late reply! And no there was no mic, but they asked me if I wanted one - I said no as it was already a pretty small room so there was no need for one really!
    Marco x

ReputationRep:
    Hi i'm Elea and i'm going to bimm too in september BA creative musicianship (vocals), i don't want to be alone so if someone have a place or an advice. please let me know, it would be perfect !!

cheers

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I'm studying at BIMM this September and just started looking for accommodation, let me know if you know anyone looking to share or any good areas where to rent etc.

All the best

ReputationRep:
    Hey! There's two girls here looking to share!! Weve just started looking too!

ReputationRep:
    Didn't think I'd get a reply back that fast! Good to know someone's in the same boat, I've laterally just started looking, Let me know if you get hold of anyone else who's up for sharing

ReputationRep:
    I will do! Are you on facebook? If so Add me: Rosa Trivett
    Would be great to chat

ReputationRep:
    Hey all, PM your email addresses if you are looking at places, i have found a couple of places btu still lost at what to look for and all that

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, I'm looking for people to share with too, don't mind adding people on Facebook or whatever to get through this overwhelming business together haha

ReputationRep:
    Add me if you havent already!! Rosa Trivett

ReputationRep:
    Add me if you havent already!! Rosa Trivett

ReputationRep:
    Also Me

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting bimm London this year and am going to study the music production course. If anyone is still looking to share a house let me know
    Cheers, Evie.

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently selling a room off in central London if anybody wants to rent from June onwards?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.