Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Occitane)
    Lagwagon, NOFX, Bad Religion, Pennywise anyone?
    Can't comment on the first, but the latter 3 aren't pop punk. More punk rock than pop punk, but anything Bad Religion do will never beat How Could Hell Be Any Worse? Pennywise I'm iffy with, they don't have the kick I'm looking for. Nofx are a great band.

ReputationRep:
    So annoyed fall out boy are touring in october like no I have uni and don't know where in the country I'll be whats wrong with June or July goddammmiittttt

(In an attempt to feel better about myself) their new stuff is pretty average.
    Tiffany Blews and 27 and Just One Yesterday though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackasnacks)
    So annoyed fall out boy are touring in october like no I have uni and don't know where in the country I'll be whats wrong with June or July goddammmiittttt

(In an attempt to feel better about myself) their new stuff is pretty average.
    Tiffany Blews and 27 and Just One Yesterday though
    I know its so irritating! plus this year they decide to play in my hometown, and I'm not going to be there because of uni:mad::mad::mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whatacrydonnie)
    I know its so irritating! plus this year they decide to play in my hometown, and I'm not going to be there because of uni:mad::mad::mad:
    I know right! They're very near my first choice uni but also at my home town and I'm just nOPE
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by jessjanesanders)
    SLAM DUNK WAS SO GOOD LAST YEAR!!! Got my tickets for this year sorted, so so excited!
    I really wasn't impressed with the headliners for 2014 and I've already seen most of the other bands. Decade I assume will be touring this year and Neck Deep just sound like a British TSSF :P

Which SDF you heading to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeL1994)
    I really wasn't impressed with the headliners for 2014 and I've already seen most of the other bands. Decade I assume will be touring this year and Neck Deep just sound like a British TSSF :P

Which SDF you heading to?
    I've seen most bands I like now, literally all I do is go to gigs lol amen to my grades 😂
    Im going to leeds! Are you gonna go?! >.<

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I've seen most bands I like now, literally all I do is go to gigs lol amen to my grades
    After FOB broke my heart with their last album and the latest one bound to be shocking, I don't think there's anyone on my list left to see. AA would be nice but seeing State Champs and NFG tick the last of the list off in November. Yeah I may be heading to South or Midlands, just depends on whether I fancy driving to Brum or taking the coach to Hatfield again.

ReputationRep:
    After FOB broke my heart with their last album and the latest one bound to be shocking, I don't think there's anyone on my list left to see. AA would be nice but seeing State Champs and NFG tick the last of the list off in November. Yeah I may be heading to South or Midlands, just depends on whether I fancy driving to Brum or taking the coach to Hatfield again.
    FOB don't just play their new songs live! I went to see them at the Isle of Wight Festival and they played 6 from Save Rock and Roll and 9 from their older albums. Though with the release of AB/AP I'd imagine they'd play a few more of their new songs but still some older ones too.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by whatacrydonnie)
    FOB don't just play their new songs live! I went to see them at the Isle of Wight Festival and they played 6 from Save Rock and Roll and 9 from their older albums. Though with the release of AB/AP I'd imagine they'd play a few more of their new songs but still some older ones too.
    I can't stand SRAR except The Phoenix. I'd be paying out of my a*se to see a band that first got me into rock/alternative music that's now gone completely the other direction to when I first heard them. I don't hate them for it, they're just not the same band I knew.

ReputationRep:
    I've seen most bands I like now, literally all I do is go to gigs lol amen to my grades

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can't stand SRAR except The Phoenix. I'd be paying out of my a*se to see a band that first got me into rock/alternative music that's now gone completely the other direction to when I first heard them. I don't hate them for it, they're just not the same band I knew.
    Do you guys know what the lineup is? or when it will be out?
    I might go to the Leeds one !
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Ronhaar)
    Do you guys know what the lineup is? or when it will be out?
    I might go to the Leeds one !
    Usually released February sometime I think we should all meet up in Midlands XD TSR SDF day out!

ReputationRep:
    Usually released February sometime I think we should all meet up in Midlands XD TSR SDF day out!

Are you talking about Slamdunk? Acronyms are confusing me mwhaahah
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Are you talking about Slamdunk? Acronyms are confusing me mwhaahah
    Yeah Slam Dunk :P

That's if I have any money after You Me At Six, Four Year Strong and Shikari in the next 3 months...need to get my job back >.<

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Slam Dunk :P

That's if I have any money after You Me At Six, Four Year Strong and Shikari in the next 3 months...need to get my job back >.<
    Ooh, you going to YMAS and ATL? >.<
    i have way too many gigs booked for this year already hahahah!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Ooh, you going to YMAS and ATL? >.<
    i have way too many gigs booked for this year already hahahah!
    I may be going in Brum, would only really be going for YMAS, ATL was one of the first bands I saw and the pre-pubescent girls ruined it for me >.<

ReputationRep:
    I don't actually know where Brum is... Sounds like the TV programme I used to watch on CBeebies 😂😂
    And Ooh, everytime I go to an ATL there's just this abundance of 12 year old girls fangirling everywhere n that's kinda ugh,
    But I think YMAS & atl will put on a good show.. Im going to the manchester one >.<

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    shout out to old school punk rockers Ten Foot Pole representing since '93. Swill was an amazing album, I still listen to it every now and then.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I don't actually know where Brum is... Sounds like the TV programme I used to watch on CBeebies
    And Ooh, everytime I go to an ATL there's just this abundance of 12 year old girls fangirling everywhere n that's kinda ugh,
    But I think YMAS & atl will put on a good show.. Im going to the manchester one >.<
    Brum = Birmingham

I'm meant to be getting the tickets for like £30 but kinda fallen out of love with ATL, being 6'3 I feel like a giant around all the screaming girls and the lack of moshpits are disappointing >.<

ReputationRep:
    Brum = Birmingham

I'm meant to be getting the tickets for like £30 but kinda fallen out of love with ATL, being 6'3 I feel like a giant around all the screaming girls and the lack of moshpits are disappointing >.<
    Omg, I feel so dumb rn 😂😂

And ahhh, I see.. And yeah, I'm one of the small people who kinda gets crushed in the moshpits at the heavier gigs ^.^

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Omg, I feel so dumb rn

And ahhh, I see.. And yeah, I'm one of the small people who kinda gets crushed in the moshpits at the heavier gigs ^.^
    That's why you go to Third-Wave Ska gigs and hop in skank pits - I recommend Suburban Legends :P

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 3, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.