Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by young_guns)
    That proposition hardly survives contact with reality; the Tories got pretty much everything they wanted, the Lib Dems got shafted.
    They got everythign they wanted.

Everything they wanted was on the front cover of their manefesto - you read it right?

Since they got 1/5th of the seats of the Tories, it was hardly like they could be an equal partner.

ReputationRep:
    I believe that Labour could take this seat, it would certainly be sensational given the 2010 result for Nick Clegg and the fact that it is the only Liberal Democrat seat in the county. One can only assume that the ignominy of such an ousting would become the epitome of the Liberal Democrats' meltdown. I believe Clegg will narrowly be defeated.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by MaxReid)
    I believe that Labour could take this seat, it would certainly be sensational given the 2010 result for Nick Clegg and the fact that it is the only Liberal Democrat seat in the county. One can only assume that the ignominy of such an ousting would become the epitome of the Liberal Democrats' meltdown. I believe Clegg will narrowly be defeated.
    What will it take for Labour to win?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Nick Clegg will be unseated, although he deserves it after his dismal performance as DPM. I wish Oliver Coppard luck, but I think Clegg is too well known to fail. Also, he'll have the backing of most of the Lib Dems behind him. I don't think the Lib Dems will be too keen to have their Leader unseated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RK)
    What will it take for Labour to win?
    Well they're 3% behind in the latest IPSOS/MORI poll so a 1.5% swing would be enough.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to see the Michael Portillo moment again, this time with Clegg. He deserves to lose.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good riddance if he does.

You make your bed, you sleep in it.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I really hope he won't lose it, even to Labour. He would make an excellent Foreign Secretary or Prime Minister.

If the Tories win the election then I think people might discover that the Lib Dems had more influence than they thought.

ReputationRep:
    I'm watching this space as my student son is registered to vote in Clegg's constituency. I told my son that everyone and their dog would be chasing after his vote (everyone's vote obviously) and not to be surprised at media attention in the area.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by O133)
    I really hope he won't lose it, even to Labour. He would make an excellent Foreign Secretary or Prime Minister.

If the Tories win the election then I think people might discover that the Lib Dems had more influence than they thought.
    Two jobs he's unlikely to ever get. Even if he keeps his seat, the Lib Dems are on course to lose a lot of their seats that keeping his job as their leader is extremely unlikely.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.