Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What is your definition of a slut? Does it even exist? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Okay so say for example a girl is dating a few/couple of guys and during her time dating,she sleeps with them all,is she considered a slut?
    Well I honestly think more than 5 people a year is a lot. I mean I see girls having sex after a few days of relationship the break up after another week and next month they start all over again... They are easy in my opinion. I know lust is strong but still...
    Told you, I am very biased. I am against having sex if there is lack of a strong emotional bond and if the partners don't know each other very much. And I think it takes months if not years to achieve that. Not just that butterfly in the stomach feeling, the real love and all that crap.
    It's just my opinion, sex has lost its meaning to girls these days. It's mostly only physical. I mean, I couldn't trust a guy I dated a month see me naked, let alone touch me... I just have very strong opinions about relationships. Don't want to offend anyone I know I sound mean and judgental. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    That and also breaking up a home
    Yes, especially when the guy has kids and all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiminaM)
    Well I honestly think more than 5 people a year is a lot. I mean I see girls having sex after a few days of relationship the break up after another week and next month they start all over again... They are easy in my opinion. I know lust is strong but still...
    Told you, I am very biased. I am against having sex if there is lack of a strong emotional bond and if the partners don't know each other very much. And I think it takes months if not years to achieve that.
    It's just my opinion, sex has lost its meaning to girls these days. It's mostly only physical. I mean, I couldn't trust a guy I dated a month see me naked, let alone touch me... I just have very strong opinions about relationships. Don't want to offend anyone I know I sound mean and judgental. Sorry.
    Amen to that sister. I don't sleep around or take having sex with just anyone lightly and ive only ever had sex with people ive been in long term relationships with,ain't nobody got time for sleeping around and catching all sorts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Woman who has sex with loads of people- Slut
    Guy who has sex with loads of people- Stud

That logic
    what's your point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white boy)
    what's your point?
    Society's screwed up

ReputationRep:
    Amen to that sister. I don't sleep around or take having sex with just anyone lightly and ive only ever had sex with people ive been in long term relationships with,ain't nobody got time for sleeping around and catching all sorts
    We get along good lately sis
    Let's build our own feminazi empire and rule all those damn *****es 😎

ReputationRep:
    What constitutes a girl being called a 'slut' in this day and age and is there a male equivalent?

i've been having heated debates with people about this topic in particular.
    Use a dictionary.

And:

Every single time a man sleeps with a lot of women, he’s called a stud. But if a woman sleeps with a lot of men, she’s called a slut, and people think this is unfair… Nah. It’s completely fair, and I’ll tell you why, alright? ‘Cause it’s ****in’ easy to be a slut. It’s ****in’ hard to be a stud. To be a stud you have to be witty, charming, be well-dressed, have nice shoes, and a fake job. To be a slut you just have to be there. There are fat ugly sluts out there, there are no fat ugly studs.
    - Jim Jefferies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoking)
    Use a dictionary.

And:

Every single time a man sleeps with a lot of women, he’s called a stud. But if a woman sleeps with a lot of men, she’s called a slut, and people think this is unfair… Nah. It’s completely fair, and I’ll tell you why, alright? ‘Cause it’s ****in’ easy to be a slut. It’s ****in’ hard to be a stud. To be a stud you have to be witty, charming, be well-dressed, have nice shoes, and a fake job. To be a slut you just have to be there. There are fat ugly sluts out there, there are no fat ugly studs.
    - Jim Jefferies
    Bull**** all of it.

Simple as that

ReputationRep:
    Use a dictionary.

And:

- Jim Jefferies
    I saw that on Twitter yesterday and I definitely agree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamKeene)
    I really disagree with this. All my groups of friends I've had in my 21 years of existence have never called each other sluts or studs as insults or compliments. Any time I saw anyone call anyone else a 'slut' it was always banter and without malicious intent.

I'm convinced the 'hur durrr slut/stud dubble stundurd' is greatly exaggerated. Sure it exists, but nowhere near the level portrayed here.

It's not 'society today' it's a bunch of feminists with a victim-complex.
    This pretty much. I have said it to male + female friends as a joke, and they know that's all it is. I couldn't care less how many people you want to sleep with.

I also agree with the rest of your post, this isn't 1980 where having loads and loads of sex means men are suddenly a stud and are viewed as the best thing ever. These are really outdated views that 'victims' don't seem to let go of. You're more likely to be seem as a creepy guy if all you do is hit on girls and go after sex to be perfectly honest.

ReputationRep:
    We get along good lately sis
    Let's build our own feminazi empire and rule all those damn *****es 😎
    We will end up being called hoes bahah

ReputationRep:
    Use a dictionary.

And:

- Jim Jefferies
    Idk I've seen a ****load of ugly malewhores in my life. And I'm not impressed by 'studs'(malewhores) - I'm disgusted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lent6)
    Bull**** all of it.

Simple as that
    Again, learn how to use the word "because".

"Bull**** all of it because..." :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Idk I've seen a ****load of ugly malewhores in my life. And I'm not impressed by 'studs'(malewhores) - I'm disgusted.
    Who said anything about being impressed? :confused:

And those malewhores will get ugly women, but the point remains - being a slut is easy, being a stud is not.

ReputationRep:
    Again, learn how to use the word "because".

"Bull**** all of it because..." :rolleyes:
    So much of what was just said is BS. One point is that you say there are no ugly fat studs when there are plenty of them around.

ReputationRep:
    We will end up being called hoes bahah
    Pfffff I don't care if they like me as long as they scared 😎
    LOL I'm stopping I'm turning into a prude sexist troll.

Btw, I've seen people missunderstand my very bad jokes - I am very much anti western capitalist double standards feminism. The good type I agree with.
    Let you back to your discussion now

ReputationRep:
    Pfffff I don't care if they like me as long as they scared 😎
    LOL I'm stopping I'm turning into a prude sexist troll.

Btw, I've seen people missunderstand my very bad jokes - I am very much anti western capitalist double standards feminism. The good type I agree with.
    Let you back to your discussion now
    I thought you were western

ReputationRep:
    Nowadays, a slut is a female who: wears skimpy clothes, basically does anything they want
    Originally, a slut was a female who was easy and had slept around a bit.

But, there is no absolute definition, swear words and just random words given completely different meanings.

According to cambridge dictionary:
    slut noun [C] (SEXUALLY ACTIVE WOMAN)

ReputationRep:
    I thought you were western
    Eh, I'm something special sis :* I'm a european but luckily not western enough to have been brought up around capitalist shallow morals-ok, I went a bit too far granted but dammit I know how to cook clean I'm no gold digger and dammit I will make a good wife and mother and become a paedriatic surgeon! That's happines *****es! Not loads of sex and fancy stuff.
    IMPORTANT NOTE: there are western amazing girls too I just haven't met one yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lent6)
    So much of what was just said is BS. One point is that you say there are no ugly fat studs when there are plenty of them around.
    Who puts in more effort - fat ugly studs or sluts? The point made remains.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.