Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    im 18 F and a virgin and Ive nearly finished my first year at uni still with this self-esteem killing label, having said that i have had opportunities to loose it, like so close but i flaked because of the pain.. anyway
    Before uni i was just like that, never been kissed or anything!! It was so embarrassing..
    But don't worry guys will be into you just go out loads of meet people get off with people at clubs, if you really like them go home with them (which was something i flaked on loads kicking myself now oh well)
    It will happen, but don't expect a perfect story guys especially in Y1 are looking for fun and to mess around, your lucky if you actually sort a stable relationship. Ive learnt the hard way *cries* but hey I've learnt thats whats important.
    I had my first kiss 2 weeks into uni!! We were both completely sober in my room it was my flatmate i cant believe that happened i was so shy prior to uni! I thought a guy would have to be drunk to wanna kiss me lol
    ANd tbf my self esteem has gone up a lot, I've received lots of compliments so I'm not as unattractive as i thought.

Uni is a fresh start have fun and go out!!!

ReputationRep:
    Message me if you like, I think I can help a little

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Soooo I'm an 18 year old female, turning 19 in a few months. I'm finishing school this year. Not only am I a virgin but I've never had a boyfriend either. I've never made out with anybody. Its so embarrassing to write this even though I'm on anon. I can't really get into a relationship at the moment as I'm really busy with schoolwork and applying for uni. Also I'm always on the lookout for a potential boyfriend or hookup but every guy always ends up ignoring or disliking me. I'm really anxious about going to uni like that as I'll be the only one there. There is almost like a huge sign with YOU'RE STILL A VIRGIN burned into my brain and I can't stop thinking about it and this 'status' interferes with my work and has completely ruined my self esteem. Help me! Is it that bad to be an unkissed virgin at 18? Should I keep on looking for people that I can screw? Or should I just live a lie when I get to uni?????
    Before I started uni, I was in exactly the same situation. I was just 2 weeks into uni when I had my first kiss, and shortly after I lost my virginity. I am now with my boyfriend of 5 months who I met approximately 1 month into uni, and my life has completely changed for the better. Keep your chin up, don't look too hard (my mistake to start with) and you'll hit solid gold at somepoint

What I'm trying to say is think of uni as a new start in which to change that status, if you wish to, rather than a place where you'll be the odd one out.

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    Soooo I'm an 18 year old female, turning 19 in a few months. I'm finishing school this year. Not only am I a virgin but I've never had a boyfriend either. I've never made out with anybody. Its so embarrassing to write this even though I'm on anon. I can't really get into a relationship at the moment as I'm really busy with schoolwork and applying for uni. Also I'm always on the lookout for a potential boyfriend or hookup but every guy always ends up ignoring or disliking me. I'm really anxious about going to uni like that as I'll be the only one there. There is almost like a huge sign with YOU'RE STILL A VIRGIN burned into my brain and I can't stop thinking about it and this 'status' interferes with my work and has completely ruined my self esteem. Help me! Is it that bad to be an unkissed virgin at 18? Should I keep on looking for people that I can screw? Or should I just live a lie when I get to uni?????
    More people are than you think including me and you should just focus on what is important right now which is school and wait until the time is right. You should also be proud you haven't had sex just to conform or fit in and you're better off waiting to find someone you actually like.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in (almost) the same boat as you, I'm 18 and applying to uni and have never had sex, but I've made out with people. In my opinion, the concept of 'virginity' is just a social construct put in place to try and shame people because they haven't had penetrative sex (which, by the way, is definitely not the only way to do it!). I know it's easier said than done, but don't worry about it too much. Besides, at uni I'm sure there'll be plenty of opportunities for a sexual awakening (that's what I'm hoping anyway)! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Hun , I know your pain. I'm 17 and have been kissed and in not very serious relationships but I'm still a virgin and I feel exactly the same way. I know I can't talk much but I'm sure it'll be fine. I'm being extremely hypocritical right now because I'm just as worried about going to uni a virgin but there are 7 billion people in the world and you seem lovely so just think that at uni, know one has to know if you don't want them to and it doesn't define you in the slightest. I know this isn't the best advice but just want you to know that you're not alone in this boat and it's okay

ReputationRep:
    I don't think why mostly girls are so concerned about being a virgin while going to university. Don't worry, it is perfectly normal and you're not abnormal or anything. Surely , you'll find the right guy when the time comes. Don't rush into any relation because you want to get rid of your virginity. So think nothing of it you're not weird and I think it is a good thing, you haven't lost it in some insignificant encounter.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 19 and a proud virgin. Don't loose it just because you're going to university! You'll regret it straight away. Be proud you haven't done it with some guy. A lot of guys respect you for it, even though they might not say it.

its fine.. there are perks of being a virgin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyperridge)
    I'm 19 and a proud virgin. Don't loose it just because you're going to university! You'll regret it straight away. Be proud you haven't done it with some guy. A lot of guys respect you for it, even though they might not say it.
    Pretty much puts it perfectly

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'd be surprised how many people are in the same position as you! I'd only been in one relationship before uni and I thought that would be weird but it turns out half my flatmates were virgins Just enjoy uni, make friends and don't worry about relationships.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ki Yung Na)
    You'll be surprised how many other people are just like you, including myself. I'll be 20 when I start uni but I'm a guy who's not gotten intimate. Its far more common for guys to brag about this stuff than girls so you'll be fine, just don't mention it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same! I'm 19 (male) and still a V.

Hey! don't worry!
    I've just turned 18 and I haven't had a boyfriend or had sex either! I have gotten off with a few people at parties, just in trying to be "normal" to be honest, but I don't think that's much more than what you've done as I haven't had any relationship whatsoever either!
    I've gone to an all-girls school since year 7 and I don't have any friends that are boys haha, so I haven't had much opportunity. I actually went to a mixed school last year but I didn't really like anyone there, I think I'm super picky and I have had people like me but I don't want to do something I'm not comfortable with just because of the pressure, just for the sake of doing it to just have done it.
    I do get down about it now and then, but then I think there are worse worries in life. As hard as it is just try not to worry about it, because I think it is pretty common and i don't think most people care that much to be honest! I'm sure they won';t at uni and anyway how will they know?
    hope i was some help

Also, I like to think of it as something exciting in life that I can look forward to! If we had already done it and had an average experience, what would we look forward to? This way we will hopefully find someone we really like and everything will be so new and exciting! So it's like, something on the bucket list to look forward to We haven't done it all yet haha and that's okay!

Yo won't be alone, best thing to do is front it up if asked and not lie because you'll look very very silly if you get caught in that lie. I'd suggest get a few drinks down you after exams and just go have fun, don't let it be a big deal.
    At uni you can start over without any guys who know you, that'll open doors.

ReputationRep:
    Hi where you from ?

There's nothing wrong with being a virgin at your age; I'm sure half the people who say they aren't are lying. Just be honest and wait and you will find the right person x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.