Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olderandwiser23)
    You'll be able to gain *some* muscle mass and get bigger to an extent but as big as the rock? Or even close? Probably little to no chance! Eg my bro was always skinny and he has a home gym which he uses for about 3hrs a day and he's definitely gained muscle mass but he'll never be big.
    So does it make a difference if i go gym or not. Wow that's a bummer, I would've worked my a** off at the gym . So say if i get fatter later in life, then will i be able to get big?

In college a year ago i remember my tutor saying to us that we are in our prime years and that these are the best years to work out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxi365)
    He still takes them?! Does he need them anymore. On his Instagram he constantly works out at the gym, so why take more steroids.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How exactly do you think they work..?

ReputationRep:
    So does it make a difference if i go gym or not. Wow that's a bummer, I would've worked my a** off at the gym . So say if i get fatter later in life, then will i be able to get big?

In college a year ago i remember my tutor saying to us that we are in our prime years and that these are the best years to work out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You don't turn fat into muscle that's now how our body works.

Gym is of course worth it as you will gain muscle mass if you train just unlikely you'd be able to get huge with out the use of steroids.

And the obvious other benefits of health.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo)
    How exactly do you think they work..?
    Lol yeah i know how they work and all that but i remember watching a video on YouTube about The Rock and he said he only took steroids once, and nothing happened to him. I think he's so big because if his family (father and grandad was also wrestlers and huge). And he's Samoan and African so i guess genetics played a huge part in making him so big.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You don't turn fat into muscle that's now how our body works.

Gym is of course worth it as you will gain muscle mass if you train just unlikely you'd be able to get huge with out the use of steroids.

And the obvious other benefits of health.
    I don't want to get huge. Huge is the wrong word. I guess you can use heavyweight boxers as a example. I want to look medium and toned, not ripped.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to get huge. Huge is the wrong word. I guess you can use heavyweight boxers as a example. I want to look medium and toned, not ripped.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Okay well that's a more reasonable goal. My suggestion would be get a PT who's also qualified (degree level) in nutrition/dietetics

ReputationRep:
    Okay well that's a more reasonable goal. My suggestion would be get a PT who's also qualified (degree level) in nutrition/dietetics
    They normally expensive aren't they?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Heavy weight boxers are huge and also on steroids

Metabolisms don't vary much person to person. It's a myth btw

ReputationRep:
    Im about 5.7-5.8. I don't think I'm malnourished or anorexic or anything like that. Just really skinny.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mate, even if you're 5'7" you are still incredibly underweight. I would genuinly question if 45kg is an accurate weight, how have you come to that? You would look emancipated.

You would medically be classed as anorexic (this is different from the eating disorder anorexia nervosa) because your BMI is 15.5. Now, whilst I accept BMI is not a particularly great method for measuring weight in athletes, I think it gives us a reasonably appropriate insight into your body composition.

The only time I've ever seen people who are your weight and size has been in a gastro ward. You need to seriously start eating food, and may even be worth a trip to the GP to be perfectly honest.

What do you eat in your average day, if anything at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    Heavy weight boxers are huge and also on steroids

Metabolisms don't vary much person to person. It's a myth btw
    No they're not. Isn't it illegal in professional sports?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    Mate, even if you're 5'7" you are still incredibly underweight. I would genuinly question if 45kg is an accurate weight, how have you come to that? You would look emancipated.

You would medically be classed as anorexic (this is different from the eating disorder anorexia nervosa) because your BMI is 15.5. Now, whilst I accept BMI is not a particularly great method for measuring weight in athletes, I think it gives us a reasonably appropriate insight into your body composition.

The only time I've ever seen people who are your weight and size has been in a gastro ward. You need to seriously start eating food, and may even be worth a trip to the GP to be perfectly honest.

What do you eat in your average day, if anything at all?
    Last i checked i was 45, I'd say I'm probably 50kg now. And yeah i know I'm underweight, i always have been. And lol no I'm not that bad. For reference here is my arm.Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1421065617.971409.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  111.0 KB

I normally eat three times a day. Cornflakes in the morning. Junk food (mostly chicken and chips with Pepsi) for lunch. And for dinner i eat whatever my mums made (sometimes rice, chicken, lasagne). But yeah I'm not that bad that i need to go doctors lol. They know that I'm skinny but its not so extreme like your suggesting lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No they're not. Isn't it illegal in professional sports?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    -deleted my advice, lol

ReputationRep:
    Last i checked i was 45, I'd say I'm probably 50kg now. And yeah i know I'm underweight, i always have been. And lol no I'm not that bad. For reference here is my arm.Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1421065617.971409.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  111.0 KB

I normally eat three times a day. Cornflakes in the morning. Junk food (mostly chicken and chips with Pepsi) for lunch. And for dinner i eat whatever my mums made (sometimes rice, chicken, lasagne). But yeah I'm not that bad that i need to go doctors lol. They know that I'm skinny but its not so extreme like your suggesting lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That shot of your arm doesn't show anything ****ly (Why the **** is r.eal a swear word?). I've seen approx 8-10 people in my life who fit the size and weight you have given, all on gastro wards, all severely underweight.

I stand by my original advice, either your height and weight are inaccurate, or you could do with seeing a GP.

ReputationRep:
    OP, no offence here but you seem to be extremely ignorant about physiology, nutrition and exercise. My advice would be to forget everything you think you know, and read the sticky, and do some better research.

- Fat can not be turned into muscle
    - you do not have a fast metabolism
    - you do not eat enough
    - junk food is not good for gaining muscle
    - The gym is full of other skinny people
    - etc.

ReputationRep:
    oh hey Riku

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    OP, no offence here but you seem to be extremely ignorant about physiology, nutrition and exercise. My advice would be to forget everything you think you know, and read the sticky, and do some better research.

- Fat can not be turned into muscle
    - you do not have a fast metabolism
    - you do not eat enough
    - junk food is not good for gaining muscle
    - The gym is full of other skinny people
    - etc.
    No offence taken bro. In fact i agree I don't know much about these things.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    That shot of your arm doesn't show anything ****ly (Why the **** is r.eal a swear word?). I've seen approx 8-10 people in my life who fit the size and weight you have given, all on gastro wards, all severely underweight.

I stand by my original advice, either your height and weight are inaccurate, or you could do with seeing a GP.
    Will investigate this for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    Will investigate this for you
    Cheers babes. I've also realised that it's past dated all the usages of the word on the site previously.

It might be worth looking over the FAQ as I've already spotted one incidence in BKS "realistic expectations" section and I don't know if there'll be more.
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Cheers babes. I've also realised that it's past dated all the usages of the word on the site previously.

It might be worth looking over the FAQ as I've already spotted one incidence in BKS "realistic expectations" section and I don't know if there'll be more.
    It's due to a spam bot, using the term real as a part of it's spamming

It's a method of taking the spammer down and is temporary, it should return to normal in the near future

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeavyTeddy)
    oh hey Riku
    Afternoon.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.