Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which Monarch from history would you choose to be? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Caligula. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Izzyeviel)
    Caligula. :cool:
    Rule for a whopping 4 years, then get stabbed to death by your own guards?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir Fox)
    Rule for a whopping 4 years, then get stabbed to death by your own guards?
    Yes but in the mean time I get to a lot of stabbing :cool:

ReputationRep:
    My three favourite rulers are Elizabeth I, Richard III and Vlad the Impaler, but I don't think I'd choose to be any of them.

Richard III: killed in battle and then humiliated, no thank you.

Vlad: murdered a lot of people. I feel guilty for stepping on a snail, I don't think I'd be well suited for that.

Elizabeth: whilst I love and adore her, she was so indecisive and had a lot of plots against her life.

I don't know, maybe Charles II? He was a lot of fun.

ReputationRep:
    Edward II

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady Comstock)
    Why do STEM students always have to enrich everything?
    Fixed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edawson_96)
    My three favourite rulers are Elizabeth I, Richard III and Vlad the Impaler, but I don't think I'd choose to be any of them.

Richard III: killed in battle and then humiliated, no thank you.

Vlad: murdered a lot of people. I feel guilty for stepping on a snail, I don't think I'd be well suited for that.

Elizabeth: whilst I love and adore her, she was so indecisive and had a lot of plots against her life.

I don't know, maybe Charles II? He was a lot of fun.
    I agree with you. They were all amazing people! However, I think that Charles II had a really bad childhood- being exiled to France etc. Plus the great fire of London was a disaster :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dauntlesstraitor)
    I agree with you. They were all amazing people! However, I think that Charles II had a really bad childhood- being exiled to France etc. Plus the great fire of London was a disaster :/
    Ah, that's a good point actually! Anyone I like seems to have had something terrible happen. 😕

ReputationRep:
    Isabella of Castille

ReputationRep:
    Queen Victoria.

ReputationRep:
    King Henry VIII. His power was the most absolute an English monarch's ever been. He also had more women, wealth and castles than any monarch has any right to. Although, I will say that I'd be a more humane Henry VIII, and I'd likely seek more glory than his poor campaigns in France brought him.

ReputationRep:
    Charles II or Louis XIV. Go fun or go home.

ReputationRep:
    Trajan or Marcus Aurelius. They weren't kings technically, but imho the best Roman emperors.

In England, always respected Edward I, and Henry VII. His son and granddaughter relied on his bringing stability to the country.

Cyrus the Great.

Alaric.

Robert the Bruce.

ReputationRep:
    Napoleon III

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.