Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

SERIAL: Do you think Adnan did it? watch

• View Poll Results: Who do you think killed Hae Min Lee?
    I think Adnan did it
    10.00%
    I think Jay did it
    40.00%
    I think someone else did it
    30.00%
    I don't know
    20.00%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    It was the pre meditation as well. Even if it was a mate and he said "here, take my car and phone, I'm away to kill Hae, I'll call you after" is ridiculous.

The other answer then is that Jay wanted her dead too, maybe they had talked about it and Adnan wrote the piece of paper with kill on it as a test. So Adnan is the killer with Jay his assistant but involved in the planning too. Maybe Hae got wind of the affair and Adnan was jealous.

he's not a bad boy, he "cracked" on first interview with the cops.
    Isn't this the main problem with the whole thing? None of the scenarios seem to make sense and are self-contradictory.

Adnan would only ask Jay for help if he was a bad boy. But Jay isn't a bad boy - so why ask him for help?

Jay and Adnan in it together? How does Adnan benefit from taking the blame solely?

Assuming Jay made the anonymous phonecall - why do that if you're a co-conspirator?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clip)
    I never really thought much about Jen either way.

The idea that Adnan and Jay are both scared of something is an interesting one but only makes sense if they didn't do it. And if they are so terrified-why agree to have the podcast made?
    Why are there so many calls between Jen & Jay before, during & after the murder? Why were they in touch so much? Also, it was his gf's birthday that day & not 1 phonecall to her. Plus, Jen helped him dispose of the shovel & Jay's clothes that night, so she must have known. Motive is only the weak piece in every theory (for everyone involved). But then again, people kill so easily for small reasons. I'm not sure if this is true but I remember reading somewhere that Jen is Jay's brother's girlfriend. So if it was a case of keeping a relationship (between jen & jay) quiet, that would be a good reason.

Maybe if other people find it out rather than them spilling it, it would be better? Than coming from their own mouths. I don't know but its fishy, its like they are still hiding something that only Jay & Adnan know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Okay, if Jay called Nisha, then how is it that the phone with no answering machine answered and it took one and a half minutes?

I think Jay's motive is covering for an affair behind Stephanie back. Hae likely knew this and Adnan may have too. Jen staying to protect Jay.

Possible, maybe the same person who told the gossip about Adnan opening the car boot for him told the streaker? But who would know the streaker? Why?

and yes, he must remember SOMETHING about that day. The only thing that maybe would be viewed as worse by Adnan than murder must be something religious, was he doing something that would really socially isolate him from friends and family? I don't know what this could be, would a homosexual affair fit the bill?
    The voicemail thing is what puts Adnan and his phone with Jay at that time. That's when they drove to Cathy's house right? That could have just been the moment Adnan reunited with his phone & not before that. Didn't Jen say that she called Adnan's phone and an unfamiliar guy picked it up (not Jay or Adnan)?

I don't think its about Stephanie. I read somewhere that Jen was dating Jay's brother at the time. So maybe that was the urgent reason to hide it. More sense rather than to just hide it from Stephanie as your own brother is a bigger deal.

Maybe the neighbour kid? Hmmm I dont know. Jay was running his mouth a lot after the murder though, who knows who else knew.

Ahhhh thats a good theory. If it was, it wouldn't be between Jay & Adnan so why wouldn't Jay tell everyone about Adnan being gay? Unless he keeps that quiet which is why Adnan hasn't turned on Jay this whole time?! Adnan did call Jay "pathetic" at the courthouse. Why "pathetic"? Of all the words I could think of to insult someone who is framing you.. maybe because he knows that Jay has cornered him. I don't know. I think Jay would have let it slip already if Adnan was gay. Interesting though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaLDN)
    The voicemail thing is what puts Adnan and his phone with Jay at that time. That's when they drove to Cathy's house right? That could have just been the moment Adnan reunited with his phone & not before that. Didn't Jen say that she called Adnan's phone and an unfamiliar guy picked it up (not Jay or Adnan)?

I don't think its about Stephanie. I read somewhere that Jen was dating Jay's brother at the time. So maybe that was the urgent reason to hide it. More sense rather than to just hide it from Stephanie as your own brother is a bigger deal.

Maybe the neighbour kid? Hmmm I dont know. Jay was running his mouth a lot after the murder though, who knows who else knew.

Ahhhh thats a good theory. If it was, it wouldn't be between Jay & Adnan so why wouldn't Jay tell everyone about Adnan being gay? Unless he keeps that quiet which is why Adnan hasn't turned on Jay this whole time?! Adnan did call Jay "pathetic" at the courthouse. Why "pathetic"? Of all the words I could think of to insult someone who is framing you.. maybe because he knows that Jay has cornered him. I don't know. I think Jay would have let it slip already if Adnan was gay. Interesting though.
    So many things in the case only make sense in light of things that are presumed - but then become so far fetched as to not make sense.

A good example of this is the Jen situation. Why is Jen involved? There can only be two possible scenarios here - she actually did help hide the evidence, or she didn't and she lied about that.

Let's say she did. She apparently only knows what Jay has told her. So she's not really implicating Adnan at all. If you think it's strange that Jay helps Adnan hide a body - it's even stranger that Jen is helping Jay help Adnan hide the evidence.

Let's say she didn't do it - she can only be making something up to help Jay.

The only way Jen implicates Adnan is if she was actually there - which would make it an Adnan/Jay/Jen murder - which is too bizarre for words.

Look at the other scenarios, though:

Say it's Jay and Adnan together. This fits the "facts" best. However, it doesn't explain why Jay takes the huge risk of making the phonecall, and basically putting himself in the middle of all this - and also why Adnan isn't putting Jay on the hook - given that Adnan basically has nothing to lose.

How about if Adnan did it, but Jay helped - this also fits most of the facts, but it's the most contentious because it's what "happened" and no-one believes it.

What about someone else did it and Jay and Adnan are so scared that they are taking the rap for it - an organised crime killing or a drug dealer? Ok - but if you're so scared - why are you taking part in an internationally broadcast podcast?

Jay did it. No good reason. No evidence to support.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.