The Student Room Group

Top 10 business school or uni in the Uk

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr. Roxas
For those lurkers who, like LutherVan, who know very little about this subject matter, this is the generally accepted ranking for business/management for undergrad education in the UK.

For graduate level, you'd have this, more or less:

LBS
Said, Judge, LSE
Warwick, Imperial, Cranfield, Manchester, Cass

Edinburgh, Cass Strathclyde, Lancaster, Durham, Bradford, Aston, Henley, Ashridge, Birmingham

I may have missed a couple or more universities here, but I'm pretty sure King's isn't one of the names I missed out.

King's has no prestige whatsoever in this area. But, of course, if you're Luther Van, he'd insist that King's must be number one! lol...

This is roughly true with the corrections I made.:cool:

Well done, Mr. Roxas.

I actually thought you would have claimed:

LBS, Warwick

Said, Judge, LSE

Imperial, Cranfield, Manchester ................

For undergrad education, I would rank it like this:

1. LSE
2. Warwick
3. Manchester
4. Cass
5. Lancaster
6. Bath
7. Strathclyde
8. Durham
9. Edinburgh
10. KCL

No way is Warwick on par with LSE.
(edited 9 years ago)
Sorry, LutherVan, I stopped reading many of your posts as you're only recycling rubbish posts.

Again, you're establishing yourself to be someone who know nothing about this area. But that's understandable given that you don't attend now in one / have not attended in one of the top universities, and you never have been hired by a top company. You have no experience in this area whatsoever -- that makes everything you say invalid. Add to that is your inability to interpret data, which makes all about you worse. It's a waste of time exchanging posts with you.

For the last time, LSE doesn't have a graduate business school. It only offers MSc Management, MSc Finance, amongst others. The master's level in business that LSE is offering is a triumph program with NYU and Hec Paris, which is an EMBA, not the full-time, more popular, MBA program. LSE does not have a business school. I can't imagine how stupid one can get for not understanding that.

Additionally, Warwick Business School is in a league above Cass. Warwick MBA shares the same prestige as the ones offered by Imperial, MBS and Cranfield. But if you're really stupid, you can keep insisting to push your personal ranking.
(edited 9 years ago)
Rankings compiled by the professional social networking site LinkedIn.

Top ten universities for accounting professionals

1. University of Warwick
2. University of Oxford
3. UCL
4. University of Bath
5. LSE
6. University of Nottingham
7. University of Glasgow
8. Durham University
9. University of Strathclyde
10. Imperial College London

Top ten for finance professionals
1. LSE
2. UCL
3. University of Cambridge
4. Imperial College London
5. University of Warwick
6. University of Oxford
7. Aston University
=8. University of Bath
=8. Durham University
10. University of Strathclyde

Top ten for investment bankers
1. LSE
2. UCL
=3. University of Cambridge
=3. University of Oxford
5. University of Warwick
6. Durham University
7. University of Manchester
8. University of Nottingham
9. University of Bath
10. University of Bristol

Top ten for marketers
1. LSE
2. Aston University
3. University of Bath
4. University of Surrey
5. Durham University
=6. University of Warwick
=6. King's College London
8. University of Oxford
=9. UCL
=9. University of Nottingham

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/edu/rankings/gb

OP, here's another proof that my list is way more credible and acceptable than LutherVan's. Sorry that my time to post messages is very limited, but I can assure you that my lists and opinions are rather more acceptable than LutherVan's who -- take note -- have not been accepted and studied in a top university, and has no experience working in a top company. He's a troll and he's here with only one mission: To promote King's College. But as you can see with the many evidences that have propped up both on TSR and outside websites, King's doesn't hold weight in the business/banking/consulting/financial world. Good luck.
(edited 9 years ago)
Sorry, LutherVan, I stopped reading many of your posts as you're only recycling rubbish posts.

Again, you're establishing yourself to be someone who know nothing about this area. But that's understandable given that you don't attend now in one / have not attended in one of the top universities, and you never have been hired by a top company. You have no experience in this area whatsoever -- that makes everything you say invalid. Add to that is your inability to interpret data, which makes all about you worse. It's a waste of time exchanging posts with you.

Is this just another of your useless personal attacks when you cannot debate you unsubstantiated assertions?:rolleyes:

For the last time, LSE doesn't have a graduate business school. It only offers MSc Management, MSc Finance, amongst others. The master's level in business that LSE is offering is a triumph program with NYU and Hec Paris, which is an EMBA, not the full-time, more popular, MBA program. LSE does not have a business school. I can't imagine how stupid one can get for not understanding that.

If you read your own post or could understand it, you said "graduate level". Not "business schools".

Are all those programmes from LSE not graduate level programmes?

Additionally, Warwick Business School is in a league above Cass. Warwick MBA shares the same prestige as the ones offered by Imperial, MBS and Cranfield. But if you're really stupid, you can keep insisting to push your personal ranking.

The same Warwick where its MBA grads make on average £55K after finishing? And after 3 years, they are barely making £75?

No, I would not say it is a league above Cass. Cass has been in that league longer than Warwick.
Rankings compiled by the professional social networking site LinkedIn.

Top ten universities for accounting professionals

1. University of Warwick
2. University of Oxford
3. UCL
4. University of Bath
5. LSE
6. University of Nottingham
7. University of Glasgow
8. Durham University
9. University of Strathclyde
10. Imperial College London

Top ten for finance professionals
1. LSE
2. UCL
3. University of Cambridge
4. Imperial College London
5. University of Warwick
6. University of Oxford
7. Aston University
=8. University of Bath
=8. Durham University
10. University of Strathclyde

Top ten for investment bankers
1. LSE
2. UCL
=3. University of Cambridge
=3. University of Oxford
5. University of Warwick
6. Durham University
7. University of Manchester
8. University of Nottingham
9. University of Bath
10. University of Bristol

Top ten for marketers
1. LSE
2. Aston University
3. University of Bath
4. University of Surrey
5. Durham University
=6. University of Warwick
=6. King's College London
8. University of Oxford
=9. UCL
=9. University of Nottingham

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/edu/rankings/gb

OP, here's another proof that my list is way more credible and acceptable than LutherVan's. Sorry that my time to post messages is very limited, but I can assure you that my lists and opinions are rather more acceptable than LutherVan's who -- take note -- have not been accepted and studied in a top university, and has no experience working in a top company. He's a troll and he's here with only one mission: To promote King's College. But as you can see with the many evidences that have propped up both on TSR and outside websites, King's doesn't hold weight in the business/banking/consulting/financial world. Good luck.

I am surprised ...........not ..... that you did not highlight how LSE is above Warwick in almost all these tables.
LOL...

The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
123,500 students & alumni on LinkedIn

University of Warwick
74,400 students & alumni on LinkedIn

Even King's has many more representation than Warwick in LinkedIn.

do the math. :rolleyes:
LOL...

University of Warwick

Oh, please, keep quiet.

You lost the debate.
LOL...

University of Warwick

If I wanted to be cruel and humiliate you more with the Maths, I would have just lectured you that this information is to your disadvantage considering your existing insecurity.

If LSE and KCL have more representation on LinkedIn, and LinkedIn is basically a social media tool for educated people with successes to connect and show off, then Warwick is a weaker university.
Original post by LutherVan
If I wanted to be cruel and humiliate you more with the Maths, I would have just lectured you that this information is to your disadvantage considering your existing insecurity.

If LSE and KCL have more representation on LinkedIn, and LinkedIn is basically a social media tool for educated people with successes to connect and show off, then Warwick is a weaker university.

Wow, you have an unbelievably poor logic!!! I can't believe I'm stooping down to your level. Do you even have a brain? lol...

Warwick is a newer university compared to King's, that's why it has lesser alumni, and naturally, would have lesser representations in any organization. If Warwick was as old as King's, it would have more alumni, and would consequently have many more representatives in LinkedIn. It's pathetic that you didn't get that!

If there's an analysis to be made with the numbers we've got, it should favor Warwick not your beloved and decaying King's College.

Warwick did extremely well in these rankings, and clearly, has smashed King's College to the ground in terms of having graduates occupying elite jobs despite fewer alumni. This explains Warwick's superior success rate over King's in landing elite banking/finance/consulting jobs. Less alumni competing for the limited jobs. This isn't a ranking of unis having the most representatives in LinkedIn, you iD!ot! lol...
Wow, you have an unbelievably poor logic!!! I can't believe I'm stooping down to your level. Do you even have a brain? lol...

Warwick is a newer university compared to King's, that's why it has lesser alumni, and naturally, would have lesser representations in any organization. If Warwick was as old as King's, it would have more alumni, and would consequently have many more representatives in LinkedIn. It's pathetic that you didn't get that!

If there's an analysis to be made with the numbers we've got, it should favor Warwick not your beloved and decaying King's College.

Warwick did extremely well in these rankings, and clearly, has smashed King's College to the ground in terms of having graduates occupying elite jobs despite fewer alumni. This explains Warwick's superior success rate over King's in landing elite banking/finance/consulting jobs. Less alumni competing for the limited jobs. This isn't a ranking of unis having the most representatives in LinkedIn, you iD!ot! lol...

Roflmao!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

You are critiquing my logic but yet you are using the excuse that "Warwick is a newer university"?

So are the alumni of LSE and KCL on LinkedIn those that graduated in 1876 or 1922?:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

So who were you insinuating does not have a brain again, "smartie pants"?:colondollar:

Now, use your brain a bit more (if you have one and it functions) and think long and hard about the profile of majority of Linkedin users (i.e. a social media):

a) Young people who are less than 45 years old but older than 21. The Generation X and Y.

b) People who want to exploit the platform in their prime to develop their business contacts and network. Mostly at the beginning of their career and those middle aged.

Majority of these people (45 years old or under) would have graduated maximum 25 years ago.

Even if I am wrong and there are, miraculously, far more 60+ year olds on LinkedIn than youthful people, they too would have graduated maximum 45 years ago.

How old is Warwick as a university again?

49 years old?

So what was your excuse again, Mr graduate of a "world class" business school?:colondollar:

Wow! Warwick surely is not part of Woxbridge if it is producing people like you.:rolleyes:

Never talk about other people's intelligence again when you are not competent in that department, mate.:cool:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest