Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey qwerty457,

Are you familiar with the Marketing product and industrial design apprenticeship, or know the person who is currently doing it?

Has anyone else here applied for it?

Thanks,
    Sanj

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sanjeevan)
    Hey qwerty457,

Are you familiar with the Marketing product and industrial design apprenticeship, or know the person who is currently doing it?

Has anyone here applied for it?

Thanks,
    Sanj
    Unfortunately I'm not as this is a new scheme starting this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lalala917362)
    hello qwerty
    For the online assessments which should I practice? Considering there's a whole list on the website, do I only look at verbal reasoning and numerical test or the others as well?
    Thanks
    If you're not applying for engineering those should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    when do we get sent a link to online tests?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty457)
    If you're not applying for engineering those should be fine.
    What about if you're applying for engineering? Plus will there only be one test or more than one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lalala917362)
    What about if you're applying for engineering? Plus will there only be one test or more than one?
    If you've applied for engineering you'll also do a mechanical competence test. One test for each one.

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't heard back. All ive got is an email saying "Dear Candidate, I would like to confirm we have received your application and would like to apologies for the delay in responding. We are experiencing a high number of applications and someone from our team will be in touch shortly" Anyone else on the same boat?

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    I've applied for Marketing Product and Industrial Design. What stage are you at?

ReputationRep:
    Hi I've applied for the Quantity surveying scheme. I completed the Situational Strength Test. I also have done the SHL numerical reasoning test which was incredibly hard. 18 Qs in 17 minutes with indepth data. Didn't complete all Qs. What's the next stage and do they expect to to compete all the Qs?

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I have also applied for the QS Scheme. After completing the numerical test I was sent a verbal reasoning test straight after. I am now waiting to hear if I have made it to the next stage which is a competence interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shezza2)
    Hi

I have also applied for the QS Scheme. After completing the numerical test I was sent a verbal reasoning test straight after. I am now waiting to hear if I have made it to the next stage which is a competence interview.
    How was numerical and verbal reasoning? I've done the situational strengths and waiting for the next. Any tips?

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay I aint got the other test yet. How did you find the maths one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by demsims)
    What scheme have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    The verbal reasoning test wasn't to bad. The numerical test was abit hard so I would suggest doing a practice test for that one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by demsims)
    The last couple of questions I just had to guess as I was running out of time! It was harder than I thought it was going to be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jetmira18)
    What scheme have you applied for?
    Surveying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shezza2)
    The last couple of questions I just had to guess as I was running out of time! It was harder than I thought it was going to be
    Oh alright. Didn't get sent the verbal one just got the numerical reasoning one. I'll just have to wait what's next for me

ReputationRep:
    What kind of questions came up? Did you get through to interview stage Shezza?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jetmira18)
    What kind of questions came up? Did you get through to interview stage Shezza?
    I haven't heard anything back yet after taking the tests.. The numerical test is lots of percentages and fractions and reading charts.

ReputationRep:
    Whats verbal reasoning about? and was numerical really hard?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.