Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If someone offered you a £250k or a first class Oxbridge degree? watch

• View Poll Results: £250k or Oxbridge degree
    Money
    48.77%
    Degree
    37.52%
    Money - this is TSR, everyone already goes to Oxbridge?!
    13.71%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adipoptosis)
    Surely a Goldman MD earns that much?!
    Yea, I don't think so mate.

ReputationRep:
    Money. I already have a degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarcasticMel)
    Yea, I don't think so mate.
    With bonus I thought thats how much they earn. I confess its just hearsay. Well he's a partner now anyway, so it must be over £1m by now?

ReputationRep:
    I don't care about the money! I just wanna brag with my new Oxford degree c: Ha ha Ha! I could seem like a smart ass

ReputationRep:
    Voted third option for the lulz

Id take the 250K. Could pay for uni straight up with that. Could buy a house. Rent it out, mortgage free. Nice!

Also, apparently, graduates are meant to earn 100K more than non graduates over a lifetime. This way you've got 2.5 times that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Money. I already have a degree.
    This is also true. Im approaching the end of my degree, so defs money!

ReputationRep:
    With bonus I thought thats how much they earn. I confess its just hearsay. Well he's a partner now anyway, so it must be over £1m by now?
    They also tell you that everyone there works 100+ hours on average (not that that doesn't happen at all).

Anyway, the guy might actually be getting that much because he is so good and they want to keep him, but then it's about him, not his title, so saying "an MD gets 1m" is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hiling99)
    I don't care about the money! I just wanna brag with my new Oxford degree c: Ha ha Ha! I could seem like a smart ass
    See. The flipside to this, is you get an Oxford degree, but you get one in underwater basket weaving (Which would be quite hard... )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarcasticMel)
    They also tell you that everyone there works 100+ hours on average (not that that doesn't happen at all).

Anyway, the guy might actually be getting that much because he is so good and they want to keep him, but then it's about him, not his title, so saying "an MD gets 1m" is wrong.
    Fair enough There's a lot of hearsay about IB especially from professions that are envious/bitter about them.

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    People can prove anything with maths.Your numbers mean nothing.

ReputationRep:
    What kinda stupid ass question is this ?!

SMH

ReputationRep:
    250K, I already got 'da uni experience' at another RG, why does it matter I get it at Oxbridge to have achieved something? Plus paying the bills innit

ReputationRep:
    Im so sorry to all the people who just got Oxbridge offers over the past few weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Internet)
    See. The flipside to this, is you get an Oxford degree, but you get one in underwater basket weaving (Which would be quite hard... )
    ... I don't think Oxford offers a degree in 'underwater basket weaving'... But you never know. However on a serious note, I have had my heart set on Oxford for years now so it would be literally a dream come true for me.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mdg45...dman-sachs-29/

So this guy graduated from Oxbridge at 21. In six years he's an MD at Goldman - thats over a £1m per year easily. Along the way he's been earning over £250k for at least 3 of those years. He's also Indian and Goldman isn't the NHS.

Not saying this is the norm but its not as straight-forward as your story.
    He is already a partner, he was promoted early to scare away the headhunters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hiling99)
    ... I don't think Oxford offers a degree in 'underwater basket weaving'... But you never know. However on a serious note, I have had my heart set on Oxford for years now so it would be literally a dream come true for me.
    I was kidding

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hody421)
    He is already a partner, he was promoted early to scare away the headhunters.
    Yeah I saw! Do you know him?!

ReputationRep:
    250 K. I reckon that requires more time and effort to come by than an Oxbridge first.

ReputationRep:
    250k.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Internet)
    I was kidding
    Me knows

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.